“My stay”

Gold Coast Hotel and Casino
Ranked #73 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed at the Gold Coast Hotel and Casino Tuesday through Friday for three nights. Our stay was in a requested handicap accessible room. Room had two double beds, dresser, flat screen TV, desk and two chairs, large closet. The bathroom was wheel chair accessible with no curbs to hinder a person in a wheel chair. Two issues-the shower was a hand held wand and that could not be attached to anything so that it would resemble a freestanding shower. Second-the room is located at the end of a long hallway that contained about 30 other rooms, this could be an issue with a person limited mobility and not in a wheelchair. Numerous restaurants, TGIFriday's, Subway, a coffee bar, one buffet, three restaurants and two snack bars. The web site is very informative.
One major complaint-our check out was delayed by 45+ minutes as that was the amount of time for the bell hop to appear to take our the luggage.

Room Tip: Hotel runs east/west. So rooms on the south side are sunnier than north rooms. Security patrols th...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank pete84120
Write a ReviewReviews (1,748)

Reviewed April 28, 2014

I was in town for the annual Baker 2 Vegas relay race and wanted to stay off the strip without staying Downtown. I was able to get my room for three nights, starting on a Friday, for under $300 dollars. Considering this was during March madness and the beginning of Spring Break it was a great deal.

My room was clean and in good condition. The bed was very comfortable and the room had a nice flat screen television. I ate dinner at the Ports O Call Buffet on Sunday night. The food was not amazing, but for $10 with a boyd gaming player's card I really can't complain about the quality of food.

There was a convenient shuttle that runs between the Orleans and the Strip. This is convenient if you want to avoid paying for a cab. However, the shuttle stops running around 1230 in the morning so if you stay out late like me you will have to find another way back to the hotel.

The casino at the Gold Coast was okay. I didn't come out a winner, but I was able to get some decent play for my money on some of the penny machines.Drink service was fair, but the biggest negative for me was the lack of the table game "Let It Ride." I would probably not stay at the Gold Coast again for the simple fact they don't offer said card game. However, I do plan on staying at a Boyd Property again whether it be the Orleans or one of the Downtown Boyd properties.

I must staying I always get great customer service at Boyd properties and have yet to encounter a rude staff member. Event the sandwich maker at the Subway in the Gold Coast was exceptionally friendly. Oh another positive is the onsite 24 hour bowling, this is great if you are tired of gambling and want to spend your cash on something that is fun and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: If you can visit Sun-Thur when rates are lower.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank FMK1035
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Fabulous! clean rooms, friendly and helpful staff, only 2 miles off the strip.(with free shuttle to take you there) Excellent but inexpensive B L D buffets Bingo and bowling. enclosed walkway to the RIO across the street. LOVED IT!!!!!!

Room Tip: we were on the first floor with no view but that was not important to us
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Robin N
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I was a little nervous about booking this hotel more so for the location than anything, but its right in the middle of The Rio and then the other side of the road is The Palms.

I was on the 8th floor, the carpet in the hall away and bedrooms is a little to desired, but what do you expect all the traffic that passes through you can't clean wash the carpets daily, the bedrooms are spacious and nice comfortable beds, flat screen TV and larger then some of the other bathrooms in the Vegas hotels (no bath).

$9.99 a day resort fee but to be honest the place is so cheap and this does include free internet in the bedrooms, there are 2 Chinese restaurants and a TGI Fridays, plus a buffet the older ladies at the Buffet be prepared they are mean and miserable old witches, they just want to get you in and out not pleasant at all.

Front desk are super nice and friendly EXCELLANT the machines are paying and I do no play the tables but good vibe going on and everyone was having fun.

Shuttle bus every 30mins and FREE stops at Bally's just get off and walk through the shopping center up the elevator and through The Bally's on to the Las Vegas Blvd.

Gold Coast Hotel... I would recommend except the room service, you have coffee in the room (incl) but the old coffee packet was never taken out, the sink and taps were not cleaned, sounds disgusting but you could see the spit from cleaning your teeth on the taps and mirror, the table in the bedroom by the window was never cleaned and had my sticky Chinese take out on there from Monday night, I left on the Wednesday, and maybe I am being super picky but the dust around and on the phone which is the night stand was ingrained, only takes a quick flick of a duster.

All in all very good and would stay again pity about the room service that let them down from getting a 5 star vote from me.

Before I forget the wonderful lady as you go up to the room at night they have security checking that you have a room and not just up to trouble, this lady is a HOOT!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank GrassValley_Brit
Reviewed April 24, 2014

My mom and I went to Vegas a couple days prior to our actual arrival date (was meeting family) to spend time with a friend. I was a little skeptical at first because I always stayed on the strip, but I was completely impressed with Gold Coast!!!! This hotel & casino was THEBOMB.COM!!!! The room was super clean and when we asked for additional towels and pillows the staff was very accommodating. The fitness center is not very large, but has everything you need. You can look out at the pool area or focus on what you're there to do.......WORKOUT! I am not a gambler, but I played the slot machine and it paid me nicely (didn't even put a lot of cash in). I think the machines are a lot looser off the strip. The breakfast in the buffet was awesome and cheap! There are 7 other restaurants in the hotel including TGI Fridays(24 hrs. and serves breakfast)If you want somewhere cheap,nice, and a little quieter definitely stay at the Gold Coast I know I sure will!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank dlux76
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I have stayed here a few times. Every time i have gone the staff have always been nice, It definitely quieter than the strip. More of the locals hang out and is more of an older crowd. It a good spot to stay if you are not looking for the big flashing light and crowds of the strip. The rooms are decent and clean. The bathrooms are small but sufficient for me it had a large mirror and shower. It is real cheap compared to the big casinos but that is what makes it a good spot to hang out. It's close enough to the strip to drive, take a taxi or the shuttle. Nothing fancy but serves its purpose. If your on a budget it's great.

Room Tip: Book ahead if you want a non smokers room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I went here for a conference otherwise I wouldn't have chosen it. Although the reception area is a huge, noisy casino full of irritating slot machines, you can get a nice coffee in the cafe, a fresh sandwich in Subway and a cooked meal in TGI Fridays. The buffet is plain and very full of carbohydrates. Not worth the effort. The rrom was large and comfortable. There is a shuttle bus to 'the strip', but get off at Bally's as the driver might not tell you this! However no porters to help with bags when I arrived or left.

Room Tip: Go for the upgrade - its worth it and at the price, very affordable,.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business