“Second visit”

Gold Coast Hotel and Casino
Ranked #79 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is our second visit to The Gold Coast Hotel. The front desk staff are very helpful and pleasant. Our room was very comfortable with ample storage for clothes etc. The bathroom was large with walk in shower and plenty of hot water. The buffet was enormous, with a choice of food from at least eight different countries, also there was salad, fruit, cereal and cakes from the patisserie, you were spoilt for choice and all that for the sum of $6.
There is a shuttle bus to the strip every 15 minutes, just tip the driver a couple of dollars.
The Gold Coast Hotel is a delightful hotel so give it a try.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Gold Coast Hotel and Casino

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Check in was smooth and pleasant, newly remodeled "premium" rooms were as advertised, and gaming was fun with good drink service but no jackpots. Although the casino floor was undergoing renovation with new carpeting, there was very little disruption as the work was undertaken in the early morning hours. Highly recommended for those who enjoy easy access to parking, the casino floor, and their hotel rooms.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel this past weekend. Prices are reasonable. I booked with Expedia, and I'm not sure if thats the reason why, but my hotel room was upgraded to a suite upon check-in. The suite was expansive, clean, and I had a comfortable stay. It is a bit away from the Strip but I was attending an event inside the hotel so it was the most convenient for me. However, if you do need to travel to the strip, there are free shuttle services to various locations on the strip.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Well for awhile there the GC had lost my favor but I am back now for good. Stayed over labor day weekend left the following Thursday. I am following a vegan diet now so staying here made it a bit simpler. they have the subway and asian restaurants which are good and you can never go wrong at the breakfast buffet. It has everything. I loooove their cheese blintzes. Carpet has all been upgraded Premium room very clean very comfy. These rooms are smaller but so worth the price compared to bigger names. My sis lives out in vegas and comes to stay with me at the hotel. We love the Bingo Hall and just feel at home here. If you are young and looking for wild vegas nights stay on the strip. If you are looking for reasonable, clean easy access to the strip via the shuttle this is the place for you.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We book a month in advance for a family reunion. When we arrived the man at the front desk was very arrogant. We booked a double bed but when we opened the door to the room it was a king bed only. We had to walk all the way back to the front desk to try and get another room. The guy at the front desk then proceeded to argue with us telling us we book a king bed. We told him but he kept telling us we booked a king bed as if we are lying. The hotel manager gave us a upgraded room with a roll out bed but the room was no bigger and the roll away bed didn't fit in the room. The rooms are dirty and old. Carpet stinks and walls are dirty. Take my word and don't stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank kwpogey1
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at Gold Coast Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of the Gold Coast Hotel & Casino.
We must apologize that your experience with us was unsatisfactory. At Gold Coast, we have skilled and knowledgeable staff on-hand to serve you best and we apologize that our front desk did not live up to your expectations.
We take pride in our accommodations, casino, and amenities. We appreciate you making us aware of the issues that you experienced during your recent visit. We will also pass along your feedback to hotel management for review.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stayed at the Gold Coast recently. It's off the Strip, but they have a shuttle that takes you to several different Vegas locations. Room was good, clean and comfortable. Several restaurants and cafés are conveniently located throughout the Casino. Price is reasonable.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2013

In order to provide a succinct and highly organized review, I will bullet point first the pro's, and secondly, the con's of this visit from 9/17/13-9/24/13.

Pros:

1.) The price: the updated rooms are clean, spacious, and comfortable.

2.) The housekeeping staff: Blanca was an outstanding housekeeper. She always changed sheets, replenished towels, and asked how we were doing. She exemplified stellar customer service skills.

3.) The maintenance staff: Vladij, a maintenance man, was called to our room on our first day to fix the TV. He showed up in record time, greeted us with a smile, was attentive to our questions, and most importantly fixed our TV.

4.) Location is convenient to the strip, and the free shuttle is extremely helpful

5.) The down-to-earth staff: What we like most about the Gold Coast is the friendly staff including everyone from the gift shop to housekeeping staff

6.) The bowling area is very nice and accessible from the casino floor

7.) The pool area is clean and the staff are friendly and attentive

8.) The security staff person sitting before one gets to the elevators helped create a sense of safety. I like to know that room keys are checked

9.) Security, in general, is on target. When I watched one person who looked as though he was up to no good enter the casino, the security person went right over to him, and escorted him out

Cons:

1.) There is no safe in the rooms. How can rooms be updated in the 21st century and not possess safes? I am in business, and I have to work on vacations. I could not keep my Ipad and computer in the room, because there was no safe. Also, why would I have to go up to the Cashier's window to secure a safety deposit box, where I am instructed not to lose the key, or I will have to pay $150 plus the $100 deposit? Anyone who is cashing in chips, etc., can watch me extract a large amount of cash. I even noted that one man kept watching me after I left the cashier's area? Seriously, this is totally ridiculous, and is not an effective, systemic security measure. I believe that the management staff needs to examine this policy very closely. For this reason, we will not stay here again.

2.) We do not like the sliding bathroom door. When the room was remodeled, why wouldn't a pocket door or door with a lock be installed?

3.) Please reinstitute a café similar to one in your sister property, the Orleans. Subway is not for everyone, nor is the TGIF's restaurant that no seemed to ever frequent

4.) Please train some of your casino dealers to be less robotic. I am spending a lot of money to gamble, and they cannot even crack a smile. Gambling is a social interactive process, and I don't appreciate not even being greeted. I think that is unacceptable. I am sure this process is studied by one of your analysts.

5.) AND MY LARGEST CON HAS TO BE: THE $9.99 resort fee, and then being told, without any informed consent, that I have to pay an EXTRA $9.99/day to log into "premium" internet service. Are you serious? When I logged onto the supposedly free internet, I could not even do any internet searches without being kicked off. SO, BE AWARE THAT IF YOU HAVE TO BE ON YOUR COMPUTER FOR ANY REASON, YOU WILL BE PAYING $19.98/day just to use the internet. COME ON, I TRAVEL EXTENSIVELY, AND I AM IN THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES, WHERE I CAN CONNECT TO THE INTERNET FREE OF CHARGE. This practice is a horrific policy that will only deter any person who needs internet. These hidden fees have to stop. And, really, you are going to charge $9.99 to use a pool that is smaller than a second rate hotel????

Please consider before staying at any of these resorts that have hidden fees such as internet charges! It has to stop.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank dwirick

Thank you for your recent review of the Gold Coast Hotel. We take pride in our accommodations and are disappointed to hear of the issues you experienced during your stay. The $9.99 resort fee you spoke of covers the wifi and is not an additional charge. Our resort fees allow us to provide our guests with many of our on-property amenities, such as wifi, valet, and shuttle service. Our resort fees remain among the lowest in the Las Vegas area. Your comments will be forwarded to our property management for review so that we can address the other "cons" that you mentioned. Thank you for the "Pros" you addressed as well as all of your feedback.