1,886 results
All reviews ping pang pong cortez room off the strip free shuttle noodle exchange play bingo premium room boyd properties bowling alley bingo hall boyd gaming b connected sister property sliding door players card flat screen tv breakfast buffet
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed last year at the Orleans, which is also a Boyd facility. I gambled at the gold coast so ended up with a few free nights. I stayed at the Gold Coast for 3 nights and found it to be a decent place. Certainly not your high end, like on the strip but I really get tired of being in the loudness of the strip. Staying at the Gold Coast is the best of all worlds. They have a free shuttle bus that runs between Gold Coast, Ballys and the Orleans, leaving frequently - even 30 minutes or less, there is always access to the strip. The Gold Coast has several restaurants, much looser slots, a nice bar and the rooms were very clean. Nice King beds and very modern looking bathrooms. No in room safe but an obviously trust worthy staff. I used the gym daily, which is in a separate building near the pool. Decent equipment but I had a complaint that the TV's could not be adjusted and they were all set to sports. I slept fine for 2 nights but on one of the nights, you could easily hear the other guests walking in the halls, opening their doors and conversations. It may have been a result of just more guests. This would not stop me from staying here again. A fun aspect of this hotel is the "bowling Alley". Yup they have a huge bowling alley on the second floor. Cheap fun, that is all I can say. I was also here during the superbowl and they opened the conference rooms upstairs to a super bowl party with very inexpensive food and bar. All in all, a fun place that isn't all the glitz of the strip but in many ways much more fun.

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Acmeflower
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I've been staying at the Gold Coast every year I come to Vegas. You honestly can't beat the price for all that you get. It's just down the strip from the strip, although I wouldn't suggest walking. The casino has an older crowd, but there's always room at blackjack tables and all the other machines. If you sign up for their members card and gamble quite a bit there, you'll be getting free rooms in the mail every couple of months for the next time you want to return. Rooms are fine. Food is pretty good. Lot's of Asian resturants and a TGIFridays now. The bowling alley's food is good. It's pretty much the same food Terrible Mikes had when they were at the GC. God, I miss Terrible Mikes. SO GOOD. Bowling alley is huge. Pool is a decent size; nothing special. All the bartenders are awesome and super friendly.

**They have a shuttle that will take you to their sister casino, The Orleans, which has some pretty good food and a HUGE daycare like chuckie cheese that your kid will love if you have a child with you. There is also an arcade and movie theater here for the kids as well.

******Shuttle will also take you to the strip all day long for free! I believe the last shuttle is around 12:30am. We always took the shuttle there and took a taxi back after partying on the strip.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank xlalalaur3n
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Spent two nights at the Gold Coast and really enjoyed it. The hotel room set-up is kind of different, as you open the door, the bed is right there. Usually, you'll have the bathroom and then walk to the bed, so you aren't able to see the bed if you open the door. The bathroom was in the far right corner and pretty small, but the shower was great and you could open the window to let in fresh air. The bed was nice and comfortable, and the TV was good size. The room was clean, not too large but big enough for two people. The casino is quite large with enough different games and denominations to keep anybody interested. Plenty of table games and a couple of nice bars. The employees are friendly and willing to help you out if you have any questions. We ate at the buffet and at Ping Pang Pong, I believe that's the name, and both were excellent. My wife had Walnut Shrimp at PPP and said it was the best she's ever had, I had the lamb stir fry and it too, was great. The Prime Rib at the buffet was exceptional, needless to say we are looking forward to our next stay there.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nelson W
Reviewed February 2, 2013

It was another great vacation - staying at the Gold Coast is very convenient - staff so very nice and accommodating in every way. We definitely will stay here again and will recommend this to our family and friends.

Room tip: Room very clean, nice showers.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank MinneWiggie
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We were only going to be in Vegas overnight and thought we would try something different.We had specials from them to use. It is an older hotel and they are in the process of remodeling the rooms. We booked a King Premier room and it was very comfortable for it's size. They replaced the tub with a very nice walk-in shower(no door but a very nice small window in the shower).Solid surface sink area. Desk area outside the bathroom area, an armoir with a dresser area. Not enough receptacles to plug things in. Bed was comfortable.remodeling on the floor we were on but didn't even know they were there. Not very much hall noise at all.Excellent Buffet and the casino wasn't very crowded. Easy Check in & Check out. Nice stay for Off Strip.

Room tip: Prime Rib most nights of the week. Odd number rooms overlook Tropicana Ave but also have a nice view of the satellite dishes.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business