“Premium Room at Great Price!”

Gold Coast Hotel and Casino
Ranked #80 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Los Angeles, California
“Premium Room at Great Price!”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I have stayed at the Gold Coast twice (each time for only a night each) but I have to say I will continue to recommend this place for those wanting to go to Vegas but not pay on the Strip hotel prices. The premium room is super affordable, clean and modern. It's a great room for the price you pay and it's only a hop, skip and jump away from the Strip. Plus it's a casino hotel so you dont have to travel far to gamble.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank ToniW206

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
Canyon Country, California
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Vegas is always where we go to meet up with family from all over the US. Every time we are in town the Gold Coast restaurant "The Cortez Room" is the only choice for our family dinners. We can be confident that we will receive a great meal, impeccable service at a good value. We have been doing this since 1987 and will continue to do so. We love the Gold Coast and Cortez room.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jmzr2450
S
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Rooms are in good condition. Take Wynn street down to Spring Hill and China town/ Asian district for lots of great food. Bargain

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank mnwyatt22
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Took the wife for a weekend out. Got a great rate through the Gold Coast's website and it was right down the road so I was familiar with the property. We got a free upgrade to their premium rooms at check-in, the supervisor named Steven was very polite and when he heard we were celebrating our anniversary he offered to give us a nicer room. I was a little disappointed that they charged for wi-fi but that seems to be a trend in Vegas, I blame the city not the hotel. Overall we were pleasantly surprised, the room was nicer then we were expecting.

FYI - I think Ping Pang Pong's has some of the best Chinese food in the city.

Room Tip: If you're there for a special event let the clerk know. Otherwise you should definately spring f...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Chad M
Salisbury, North Carolina
Reviewed February 11, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel 1-2 times per year for the oast 7 years. I just checked out on 2/10/12 and discovered they no longer issue comps for table game play. They would not even comp the $3.00 daily resort fee. Why don't they inform the guest's of this new policy before reservation's are made??? Everyone should know of this policy that are thinking of staying here.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Louis291
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Corporate Digital Marketing Manager at Gold Coast Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We must apologize that your experience was unsatisfactory; this is not in line with our usual high service standards. We would like an opportunity to address your concerns. Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to your future stay.
Boston
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Feb 6, 2012. Just got back from a 5 day stay here (our 3rd time). If you want a low cost vacation and an affordable gambling venue, this hotel is a good value for the money. It caters to both locals and tourists and tends to have an older crowd. We came in on Sunday and left Friday and paid $29.00/night (including the usual fees and taxes). It's an older hotel, but bright and clean. The rooms are basic and clean and the beds are comfortable. The staff is friendly and security is excellent. One night in the casino one of the locals got mad at a friend and started yelling obscenities. Within seconds 4 security guards removed him from the building. Five dollar table games are plentiful here, and there is nightly entertainment. You can walk across the street to either the Rio or the Palms. The Orleans, (another Coast Casino) and the "Strip" are about a mile away. We rented a car but I think they offer free shuttle service to the above. The only negative thing I have to say is that we didn't like the buffet. For years it had one of the best reputations around, but it has declined in recent years. It must be an isolated problem because we drove to Sam's Town (another Coast property) and had the best buffet ever.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DMA58
Santa Clarita, CA
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I think I knew what I was getting when I booked the room, but the photos made the rooms seem much nicer. The hotel is quite old and I decided to check in there for the $30.00 a night rate.
I checked in around 630pm, and headed upstairs to the 6th floor. The elevators were punctual and quick. The room reminded me of an older Holiday Inn Express. There was nothing new about the decor, but I did like the fact the beds were wrapped in sheet rather than those horrible old bedspreads that match the curtains and smell like Billy Goat.

After unpacking I took a shower and even though the decor reminded me of a track home built in the late 50's the shower head rocked!!! I weak stream of water is one thing I hate. This stream was right on, easily able to loosen up the old neck.

Location, location! This hotel houses one of the best low limit blackjack scenes around! I easily found a seat on a $5 dollar table. The hotel also houses one of the best Chinese food places in Vegas! I had a noodle dish, tender beef dish and hot and sour soup. Perfect to mix with the beers I had been drinking.

The hotel is also across from the Palms Hotel with a great movie theaters. When I woke up I went across the street and watch two movies to pass the day before heading out to the airport.

Sure, the room wasn't glamorous but I do think I got a little more than what I paid for.

Room Tip: Upper room for best water pressure and quietness.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business