“Great old hotel”

Four Queens Hotel and Casino
Ranked #104 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed March 3, 2011

Great old hotel and casino! For the price no better around and everyone was so friendly.At the end of my stay the host wanted to give me the whole week comped but i with my master mind booked thru hotel.com and she could not do it.This June when igo out i booked everything on its own so i get my comps.The Chicago cigar bar i had a blast and very reasonable.This year a have friend out with me so it should be better.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Four Queens Hotel and Casino

Reviewed March 1, 2011

This is the second time in 3 months I have had the pleasure of staying at the Four Queens Hotel and Casino. I brought a friend who stayed on another floor in a different room and the review is unanamous, it may be an older hotel but the staff is fast and friendly, never did I feel uncomfortable asking questions and a staff member went out of their way to show me where the public computers were hidden to print airline tickets.
We play poker and the hotel is central to the downtown core and close to transportation, entertainment and is full of options for food.
If you have a burning urge to part with a lot of money to say you stayed at a headliner Hotel where you'll be shocked at how long the line ups are, we won't stand in your way. If you want good value, great service and people who smile Four Queens is your place to stay.
The new line in Vegas is "if you want alcohol in your drinks you have to go downtown"

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 27, 2011

ThefFact that I was charged MORE than what I was quoted is my first concern. The 2nd is the fact that they charged me for a night that i did not even stay there. When I spoke to the manager (Walt is his name) about this charge he clearly told me "Im afraid but this will be your last visit to the Four Queens because I will not be refunding you the night stay." When we arrived our room (room # 133) had a view of a 24 oz. can of Miller Light beer and a tagged up wall. The rooms are horrily small and old. The wall paper was peeling off the walls, I didnt even want to srep on the floor without shoes or slippers because of the scum on the carpets and there was hair of others left behind on our bed, the bath tub and the floor of our rest room. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND STAYING AT THE GOLDEN NUGGET IF YOU PREFER STAYING DOWNTOWN LAS VEGAS! The customer service is 210% better than the Four Queens. The Golden Nugget will make your stay and expierence even more enjoyable! I MADE THE MISTAKE TO OVERLOOK SOME OF THE REVIEWS ON HERE I SUGGEST YOU NOT OVER LOOK MINE!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank debster805
Reviewed February 25, 2011

I travelled with my sister for a 2 night, 3 day stay. In the past I have stayed on the strip (TI) and downtown (Fitzgerald's). For the price, we chose the 4 Queens. My sister had never really experienced Fremont Street so I was excited & a little anxious about her reactions. What a great trip! The 4 Queens, while undeniably old, was welcoming, clean and comfortable. We were in the South Tower, away from Fremont Street. The room was just fine for a quick Vegas trip. The bathroom was a little small when the two of us were in there getting ready in the morning, but, hey, this is not the Strip. Beds were extremely comfortable -no bugs. The few times we dealt with the front desk personnel, they were both friendly and helpful. We took advantage of the coupon book and ate at Magnolias (breakfast & soup & sandwiches were delicious) and Binions (burgers & fries very good). We are not fancy eaters so bargain dining was right up our alley. We took the free shuttle from The Fremont to Sams Town for a great time & ended up on the Strip. We spent half our time on the Strip seeing those hotels we wanted to see, but always enjoyed heading back down to Fremont Street. The intimacy down there allowed us to go our separate ways at times and meet without having to walk blocks & waste time. The entertainment was great (spray paint artists were amazing). We visited each of the downtown casinos and, although, The Plaza was a sad sight, you can see how elegant they were "back in the day". A "must see" is Mermaids. What a ball we had there. Coins still come out of slots and hands get dirty-just like the good old days. Best attention we got for drinks (waited 30 minutes for 2 Diet Cokes at Palazzo). A definite good time & Mardi Gras beads for all. The slots were just as tight downtown as on the Strip so no winning trip for me but had the best time. My sister is now a great Fremont Street fan. Bottom line is - whatever you're looking for you can find it in Vegas. If glitz is your thing, the Strip is where it's at. For me, I'll stay downtown every time.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed February 23, 2011

Stayed 1 night in Nov because I can't imagine going to Vegas without some quality DT time.
Checked in at 6:00pm was very easy. I was given a north tower room on the 19th floor. The room was a good size with a 32" flat screen but no sitting or lounge area & bathroom was a little small. The room was very clean & beds were comfortable.
The casino is the same as I remember from 2 years ago but regretfully I didn't play much there, spent more time gambling at Golden Gate.
All in all I would have no problem staying at 4 Queens in the future they offer fine rooms at a decent price but I will probabally end up going back to the Fitz next time because Fitz rooms are bigger & offer sitting areas & can have great views.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jimmychips
Reviewed February 22, 2011

I haven't been to Las Vegas, for over 15 years or so, until last year. I decided to check out the Four Queens, and have returned for 5 visits within the last year or so! The location is great! Easy to get around. Transportation to and from the strip, but had more fun in the Fremont Street area. The staff at the Four Queens from the registration desk to houskeeping staff were very accomodating. Maganolia's was my place of choice for breakfast every morning! My room was definitely spacious and clean. The Casion floor staff were very customer-friendly and helpful. Great cocktails and fun slots! Making plans for another visit very soon. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank Southwedge
Reviewed February 20, 2011

While the entire trip was fun, the rooms left a lot to be desired. First we wanted connecting rooms which we were told we could not have. Our room was hot most of the time and the thermostat did not work. Everything seemed to be backwards, our water was hot on the cold side and cold on the hot. The bed was extremely hard and when I did try to get some sleep, I could not sleep well. I do believe that I would probably choose a different hotel on our next visit. Comps here were not too bad but the odds at this casino are horrible. They only pay 6 to 5 on a blackjack, how bad is that?

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple