“Super Bargain”

Four Queens Hotel and Casino
Ranked #103 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed September 13, 2009

Spent the Labor Day weekend at the Four Queens and was completely satisfied. Starting with Ruby and the front desk personnel, all employees were friendly and helpful. The room overlooked the Fremont Street Experience and was one of my favorites in nineteen years of visiting Las Vegas. It was clean with a very good bed, and had obviously been recently renovated. The casino was busy and a lot of fun, and the food at Chicago Brewing and the Deli was excellent, as was the service. The sports book was one of the friendliest and most professional I have experienced in Las Vegas, so thanks very much to Stephanie and her crew. Security, housekeeping, and the parking garage checkout guy were all positive and friendly. The Four Queens is a super bargain for the money and I will make it my hotel of choice when visiting Las Vegas.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
4  Thank fortworthgambler

Reviewed September 10, 2009

My husband and I (early 40's) stayed for one Saturday night over Labor Day weekend as an extension to staying the next three days comped in a 5-star hotel on the strip. We had never been to Las vegas before, and wanted to see what downtown was like, in addition to having a decent room rate for the extra night. We chose the 4 Queens based on the room rates and the reviews we'd read on Trip Advisor.

The hotel was just as advertised. We really had no major complaints. It is obviously an old building, but everything was in good repair. We had a 17th floor view in the north tower. We did not hear much noise from the canopy below from up there. The shows and free conncerts were great.

The casino was of a reasonable size and had a good variety of slots and table games. Drink service was slow at first, but picked up once I kept tipping and made a point of searching out my cocktail waitress and telling her she was a bit hard to track down. She said they had been so slow all summer and then all of a sudden there was so much business they couldn't keep up. I believed her. They really didn't have enough servers for the number of folks playing in the casino.

The front desk was friendly and efficient. we checked in at 1:00, so our room was not ready yet.

We ate at Magnolias for breakfast which was good, reasonably priced and fast.

The room had a coffee maker and an updated TV set. The bathroom is very small, but the hot water was VERY hot! We were pleasantly surprised by that. The bed was comfy.

Like I said, no real complaints. This is not a 5 star place, nor does it advertise to be. You get what you pay for, we got our $48 worth.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Mommy3k
Reviewed September 8, 2009

The Fremont street experince was right outside the door and it was marvelous. An awesome tribute to the summer of 1969, the light show and free concerts were great.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
4  Thank sandykam53
Reviewed September 7, 2009

We visitied the Four Queens Casino from Aug 16-21 on a great deal found on Expedia - $18 per night. Our stay got off to a bit of a rough start as I had never been to this hotel / casino before and had difficulty finding the valet parking due to all the construction. The Valet parking is actually on a side street (2nd street I think) which ends behind the bandshell which is between the four queens and the fitz. I entered through the wrong street and ended up going into the wrong way into valet exit through the parking garage entrance - poorly marked but eventually I got things straigthened out with the slightly annoyed valet staff. (The valet here was difficult at the best of time - seemed to be understaffed or not anyone around with the separate valet drop off and pickup areas) Parking at the 4 Queens is $3 per night - but if you have a players card (which I had and anyone can get for free - the remove it from your bill). Once I had the in / out procedure down few problems (other then lack of staff with parking my rental car).

The check in was a breeze - less then 2 minutes, polite efficient check in staff. We came in late and the casino was busy - again we had not stayed here before so found trip to eleveator the first time (across the casino) a little confusing. We had a nice room on the17th floor with a view towards stratosphere and strip. Our friends had a room overlooking Fremont street on 4th floor which was a nicer view but much nosier at night.

Our room was clean and an excellent value for $18 per night. It included a flat screen TV with some channels, nice king size bed and adequate (if small) clean washroom.

We enjoyed the casino and M restaurant - with an excellent Prime Rib special for only $9.99 (less with our players card and 2 for 1).

Unfortunately no pool, but access to a surprisingly nice, quet pool on the roof of Binions (both hotels now owned by same group)

I liked the hotel - we stayed a few nights on the strip as well and am starting to prefer the downtown atmosphere. We walked to many places easily (Fremont, Golden Nuggett, California, Main Street Station, El Cortez and others) and never felt the heat of the walks on the strip or the length. When on strip we are always driving and can never have more then a few drinks. Downtown, easily walked and less pressure if drinking a little too much.

I highly recommend this hotel - we stayed at Fremont last year and would not hesitate to stay at either one again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank like2travellots
Reviewed September 7, 2009

This was my first time staying on Freemont Street. The hotel was renovated about 2 years ago. We requested a room not facing Freemont Street since we heard it could be noisy. The room was small but beautifully furnished and the bathroom was very modern. I loved the shower head and took a picture to show my husband so he could replace our old one. Even though we were not facing Freemont street, we could still hear The Freemont Street Experience echoing but we were so tired, we feel asleep anyway. If you want something different than staying on the Strip, go to the Four Queens.

• Stayed: August 2009
5  Thank ERipley
Reviewed September 7, 2009

Left wife in hotel room alone, was not a good idea. Ex-tenant was trying togain access to my room and my wife didnt open the door but asked what they wanted. They said they left something behind in the bathroom tissue box. My wife was frieghtened and notified security and the intuders left before security got there. When I returned I was curious to see what was left in the tissue box and found a crack pipe inside. I would have thought security would of check it out but they did nothing. I brought the aritcles to the front desk and my wife was frightened to stay and sleep there. There is no security staff watching the elevators so be prepared to see strangers lurking about in the hoel corridors.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank firemanfromeverett
Reviewed September 1, 2009

We stayed for 4 nights and had a very good experience. Arrived at noon and we got checked into our room right away. We were on the top floor of the south tower. The room was very clean, the beds were soo comfy.
The food at Magnolias was good (we used 2-4-1's the 3 times we ate there) Had late breakfast twice (the french toast was yummy) and the prime rib special ($9.95) which came with salad, baked potato, vegies, and roll.
Won $116.00 on the $10 free slot play for joining the slot club. The only "big " win for me.
Great location, lots of slots to play, fun time and good cocktail service
One complaint - yes, the bathrooms are small, not much they can do about that, but the shower head was really small and old. Replacing them would help the "old" bathroom setup.
We would definitely stay there again and recommend for anyone looking to stay downtown.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends