“Good for price”

Ranked #102 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Lake Isabella, California
“Good for price”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Booked cause of the no resort fee with aaa discount it was $28 no hidden fees. Room was nice enough. Was warm in the room the thermostat control was at its lowest setting. Walked slightly downhill to get to the small bathroom. But everything was clean. Check in staff was great in & out.
Room was 5th floor right above loud fremont st. Great for people watching tho

2 Thank Amandams88

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (633)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Stratford, Canada
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This year on our Vegas vacation we split our stay between The Strip and downtown. We chose the Four Queens and we were very pleased that we did. We have visited before but had never stayed at the Four Queens. We were very pleased with the hotel. Our room was spotless and cleaned perfectly every day. We had a petite suite. It is an excellent layout and well appointed. Great beds, great pillows and very quiet! Excelelnt bathroom - lots of room. Perhaps overall a little dated as some reviews read - But - felt very comfy - sometimes chrome and polished and the 10 minute old feeling does not feel as comfy as some of the older décor. Service was excellent! We certainly will return.

Room Tip: Definitely get a petite suite.
3 Thank James M
Eveleth, Minnesota
Reviewed June 30, 2014

After staying our first time in Vegas on the strip we quickly realized that wasn't for us! We fell in love with Freemont Street and will stay there every time! Fun casino, great atmosphere, and people aren't just putting out their hand expecting tips like on the strip...The staff is way more friendly and inviting! Some of the hotels have nicer rooms than Four Queens but the location we got right off the strip and up an elevator can't be beat! We don't spend much time in our room anyways when we visit Vegas so the room doesn't really matter....The location and convenience for us was key on this trip and we would definitely stay their again. We were with another group that had rooms at the Golden Nugget and we would watch them complain about the mile walk to their room...By the end of day one they had enough!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Continue-Exploring
Amersham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2014

If you must stay Down town Las Vegas you may as well stay here. Good location and in the nub of it all. Room resonable standard and clean. But really for the location to the atttractions of downtown it is spot on.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Simon D
Surprise, Arizona
Reviewed June 25, 2014

4 Queens is the perfect place to stay when you want to enjoy what is free in Las Vegas. You do not have a resort fee which is a huge plus.. The entertainment on Freemont street is free! You can have a great time on Freemont street and be so close to your hotel. The room was dated but clean.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ILoveLasVEGAS51394
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Let me first start off by saying, there is no way anyone in their right mind would give this hotel a positive rating. I don't believe it for one second. I don't care how cheap the rates are, there is absolutely nothing good about this hotel. Frankly, I should have been paid to spend the night there. How the fire inspector and city of Las Vegas allows people to sleep in third world conditions is beyond me.

Now, getting to the review. Where do I start? Let's start by the exterior of the hotel. The valet area is nice and shiny with lots of glass and light. But that's the only remotely nice thing about the exterior. Step away from the building and you'll be looking back in time 40 years. Seriously, they haven't done a single renovation on this place probably since it was built. If they have, they got hosed cause it looks awful.

The lobby/casino smells of cheap cleaner. There is so much ammonia in the air, it made my nose itch. But then I'm greeted by some of the local homeless characters, who clearly bring their belongings out of the desert heat into the casino where they sit at slots and ask for money from those passing by. I was too busy holding my nose to consider reaching into my pocket.

We then go up to the room, only to be greeted by a god awful smell of skunk on our floor (16). I think I liked the cheap cleaner smell better. I was warned of the funky smell, but I wasn't prepared for that! Upon opening a well worn door, I'm greeted with an even worse smell of cigarette smoke in our room. I'm not talking the type of cigarette smoke you find at a local bar. No, this was 40 years of cigarette smoke deeply coated into the fabric of everything in the room. Old, stale and disgusting!

The furniture was from 1960. The bed and mattress were possibly from 1960 as well. The alarm clock was on the floor behind the dirty night stand. One outlet near the window didn't work. The light near the desk didn't work (it was unplugged, so maybe they were hoping we wouldn't notice). Oh, and the window clearly hadn't been cleaned in ... um ... 40 years. The desk chair felt like it would break when I sat down on it and I only weigh 160 lbs. The bathroom was disgusting with mold, pealing wall paper and a dirty shower curtain. The towels felt like they were the cheapest of material you could possibly buy and still call it a towel. No kidding, I have wash cloths that are heavier than the bath towels at this joint.

I reluctantly slept in the smokey bed because I was working incredibly long hours all weekend and knew I'd pass out immediately. I also refused to shower before getting into bed because I knew I would smell once I woke up. Funny thing is, my bags and clothes all needed to be cleaned after I got home because they smelled of smoke. Yeah, pretty crappy considering I don't smoke or typically frequent places that allow smoking.

I could probably go on and on, but I'll wrap this one up because I really don't care to think about this experience ever again. But I do hope someone from the Four Queens (or maybe the Las Vegas Tourism office) reads this and considers a full-on renovation of their hotel. I realize not all of us can afford the Wynn or Encore, but no one deserves to sleep in a room like that after paying good money for it. Four Queens should be ashamed. Las Vegas should be ashamed. Hell, Nevada should be embarrassed this hotel is in their state. It was my worst hotel experience ever and this is coming from someone who stays in lots of hotels around North America.

I'll be letting all of my social media connections know about this place. Hotels like this need to be exposed before someone gets awfully sick from spending too many hours within their hell on earth walls.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel. Never stay here.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
10 Thank dougvansant

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Florida
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We have stayed in both towers and I prefer the North Tower. Little quieter when you finally drag yourself to bed. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are very clean. Yes this hotel was built in 1960's so yes it is older but still nice. Hotel and Casino staff are awesome and very friendly. The only negative I can think of is the doors to the hotel rooms are very heavy and it you let yes they will slam which one can hear all the way down the hall.

Room Tip: I always wonder why anyone would bring kids to Vegas...it is not for kids
5 Thank cly516