“Aged but clean”

Ranked #100 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
St. John's, Canada
“Aged but clean”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Stayed at the Four Queens for two nights in March. Chose this hotel as it is right on Freemont St.
Check in was very smooth. Concierge was only too glad to help you out. Contrary to reports, no rooms overlook Freemont as the street is under a dome, so it wasn't to bright or loud. Rooms were dated but clean. I would definitely stay there again.
Magnolia's restaurant had great food. As usual, gambling was everywhere. Did not gamble much, just stayed out on the street.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank GMUNY55

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (652)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

My vacation to Vegas was myself & my husband. We booked the 4 Queens based on the price. We won't be doing that again! Check in was a breeze. No line, receptionist friendly, & done in less than 5 minutes. We were booked in room 819. We stepped off the elevator & swore we had went back 30 years in time. Bright blue paint with pastels. Think 80's pre-fab homes. Got in the room to find it connected to other rooms on both sides. I'm not overly comfortable with connecting rooms, but wasn't a big deal. I just pushed furniture in front of each of the doors. The room overall was just as dated as the hallway. The bed was pretty comfortable, but pillows were terrible. You couldn't control whether the heat or the air was on. Only able to set the thermostat to a temp, & the system couldn't seem to keep up with where it was set. The bathroom was very small. You had to squeeze in between the toilet & sink to be able to shut the door. The shower was less than desirable. First off took almost 10 minutes to get water hot enough to take a shower. Then part way thru the shower the water would get scolding hot & took a long time to getto aadjust to cooler. The towel rack had 3 shelves rusted off of it, so towels were left on the toilet. The only other place to sit in the room besides the bed was a hard desk chair. A few other notes from our stay. First do not count on any information left in the room, reference were ice & vending machines are etc. They are wrong! Second they are not quick to clean up room service trays left in the hallway. We checked in at 2pm & there was a tray sitting in the hall by a room door. Later in the afternoon it had been moved to the end of the hall by the pop machine. At 11pm the tray was still there. We looked at the receipt & it was from 8 am! Third & final issue with the hotel. We booked an afternoon flight out of Vegas so we could sleep in our last morning. Check out is at noon. We had our do not disturb sign on the door. At 10 am housekeeping wakes us up knocking on our door. My husband goes to the door to answer it. They have already moved on to the next door. He says "you knock?" She replied with "yes, I just checking." We were beyond mad. I called the front desk & complained. I got sorry we will look into it. Overall it's a place to sleep & shower, but not overly inviting. We won't return to the 4 Queens. Saving that little bit of money was not worth it.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank 4sons1hubbynme

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Riverview, Canada
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I always wanted to stay on Fremont so I ended up at the Queens. My first reaction when I walked in was that I hit a time warp to the 1970s, and I loved every minute of it.

I should mention, there is a scent of some sort throughout the casino, I presume this to cover the smoking as the ventilation systems aren't what other resorts are. Never the less, it wasn't a bad smell, just quite powerful.

The casino is similar to others on Fremont, just a little snugger. One thing I didn't care for is the lack of $5 Blackjack tables available. I'm not a big gambler but this is one game I like to play and only play small. The limited $5 tables they did have were always full.

Staff were decent, mostly friendly but nothing over the top or under. Any issue I did have (and nothing other than an extra towel or something) was quickly rectified.

My room was clean and comfortable. Nothing overly spacious but clean and a good bed is all I need. The shower was the highlight as the head had enough pressure to wash an elephant! TV is limited and the quality of my TV was subpar. I stayed in the North tower which is the one everyone was complaining about with the noise but I had absolutely no issue. The noise really drops down after 11 or so and even then, I didn't really notice anything, I don't get what the complaining is about.

All in all, a good stay and would return. Love the retro Vegas feel and will be on Fremont again next time.

Thanks Queens!

Room Tip: The cafe diner is below average and the service was poor at best but the Chicago brew pub was amazin...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Scott7192
Edgerton, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I have been to Las Vegas six times over the years and always stayed on the strip. This was the first time we decided to stay downtown. There were 12 of us traveling together. We were there during St Patricks Day.
The Four Queens was the perfect place to stay downtown. It is located right in the middle of the action on Freemont Street. The rooms are nice and clean, everyone was friendly, and the Magnolia restaurant had excellent food at a fair price. Be sure to use the two for one coupons in the restaurant.
We would definitely stay here again next time.

Room Tip: Stay in the South tower if you go to sleep early. It gets pretty loud on Freemont St.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank FinallyRetired2014
mn
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We always stay at the 4 Queens because we like the ambience of "old" las vegas there. We upgraded to a suite which was an excellent idea. The room was clean, but some of the bathroom fixtures were loose but did not cause a problem. TV had limited channels as do many in Las Vegas. King bed was great, bedding very nice. Room furnished with a couch and small dinette set. On the bad side, the refirgerator looked liked it has been in a car accident, scratched all over. There was a long wait at the valet parking due to staffing. One day there was a security guard keeping control of the people in line while one valet retrieved cars. Otherwise we love 4 Queens.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mrssirpatrick
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

If you like to drink good beer,and play full pay video poker this is the place to stay.The service at all the bars especially the Chicago Brew Pub is first rate. Have stayed on strip in the past this place is so much more fun if you want to go up to your room it is a short walk not a day hike like strip casinos

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Duckdoug
Goodyear, Arizona
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

From the time you pull up front until the time you leave the service is excellent. We got a great rate for a king room but then at check in asked about an upgrade. We got a beautiful suite for the same price. The room was spacious and looked great. The bathroom was roomy with dual sinks. I would stay there again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple