Four Queens Hotel and Casino
Trump International Hotel Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$138
Vdara.com
$161
Aria.com
  • Restaurant
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$189
MGMGrand.com
  • Restaurant
Signature at MGM Grand(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$410
$189
SignatureMGMGrand
$179
Bellagio.com
$149
$135
  • Pool
Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$89
$87
$20
2,615 results
All reviewsfremont streetnorth towermagnolia restauranthugo's cellarfremont experiencestaying downtownlight showdowntown vegasan older hotelcoupon bookprime ribplayers cardplayers clubold vegasflat screen tvthe deucevideo poker
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Vegas the past 3 years heard about downtown Fremont street but never went so the time I stayed downtown Fremont street it a lot different from the strip if u ask me that's the party side of town if u like to party that the place to stay they have a lot of bands and a light show and the 4 queens is in the heart of it all and the rooms was clean and up to date bathroom a little small but I would stay on Fremont street again if u like to shop and walk stay on the strip if u like to party and not haveto walk far to everything stay on fremont

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank trayjr
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We booked the Four Queens for pricing reasons, and the reviews were generally good. Parking was acceptable-always had to walk down one ramp to access the hotel as there is no elevator directly from parking to hotel/casino. Check-in was fast and easy-staff was nice. We were surprised to find they didn't have a pool open and this was a disappointment for the kids. A pool was available across the street for $10 per person. The room was clean, plenty of towels and hot water, but only decaf coffee for the coffee maker after the first night. We had adjoining rooms and somehow we all left through one room and were locked out of the second one. Three trips downstairs and staff couldn't really understand why we couldn't get in. I finally had to pick the lock to the adjoining room-some skills always help. Then there was the NOISE. Fremont Street has live music all night long, and with a street facing room, we were kept awake into the wee hours of the morning by the sounds of the ongoing party. Apparently the maid had opened the window one day, which we didn't catch, and that really amplified the noise-and we were on the 15th floor. Lesson learned. Request a room away from Fremont St.

Room Tip: Pick a room away from Fremont Street.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dan C
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Need a quick getaway from the kids and the wife and & I escaped to Vegas for a weekend together. Looking for a simple clean hotel / casino in downtown Las Vegas that was not going to break the bank. Room were simple, nice, clean, quite ( stay in the south tower), away from the downtown experience ( light show that is a bit loud and along the north tower).
Drinks and the gambling is very convent, less expensive then stay on the strip.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Big_Game_Kimo
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The Four Queens is located near the center of the gambling action on Freemont Street next to the Golden Nugget. It’s in a great central location if you want to stay downtown and do not go to bed early (as the Freemont Street bands and noise may keep you awake). I stayed in the South Tower as those rooms are supposed to be quieter than the North Tower rooms. I went to bed about 11 PM and could hear the bands on Freemont Street (but was able to fall asleep anyway).

I arrived on a Friday afternoon and thought it might be busy but was thankful that there was absolutely no check-in line. I paid about $85 a night for the weekend which is cheap compared to the Strip hotel weekend rates but still seemed a little high given the age of the hotel. The front desk folks were poorly dressed but were friendly and helpful. The Four Queens may want to invest in some trendier and nicer uniforms for its employees. I was given a room on the 4th floor and was amazed at how old and dingy the floor hallway and room doors were. The room doors looked like any bedroom door to a 1970’s residential rambler. The elevators for the South Tower were only a few feet from the front desk so I did not have to search for them (I saw signs for the North Tower elevators but never did see them). There was only one bank of 4 elevators to the South Tower but I never had to wait more than 30 seconds for it to arrive.

The hotel originally opened in 1966 but was expanded in 1976 and my room looked like it is stuck in 1976. The room was old and tired and had a faint cigarette smell. I think some of the furniture and fixtures are still there from the beginning (especially the bathroom fixtures as they were vintage 1970’s). I thought the room looked old and dated (especially the tiny bathroom). The bathroom was so small that you had to close the bathroom door to take a shower (if you left it open you could not get out of the show as the door would in the way).

I had a rental car so parked it in the Four Queens parking ramp which is connected to the back of the hotel. They have a valet service but I used self park as the ramp is small and it did not take long to get from my parking stall to the front desk. If I stay in a huge Strip hotel I always use the valet service as the self park ramps are huge and the walk to the casino can be long.

Overall I was not impressed with the Four Queens and will probably not go back.

Room Tip: If you stay downtown you might want to stay at the Main Street Station as it is a block north of the Freemont Street bands (especially if you get a room that does not face Freemont Street.)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stayed at this place for 3 nights. Took a public express bus right from the airport ($2.00) & dropped me off 1 block away! Easy check-in, friendly staff, nice clean room on the 17th floor facing the street. Free built-in safe, great water pressure and lots of hot water, coffee-maker, flat-screen TV & king-size bed! Had a good nights sleep the 1st 2 nights. Some band was playing out on the street on the 3rd night until the wee hours in the morning, so I didn't crash, but went out and joined the crowd. Had a good time and was well taken cared of by everyone at the hotel. No bad experiences here, and I will return. Much better than the overpriced resorts on the newer "strip". No resort fees, either. Easy bus service anywhere you need to go. Not many beggars and crackheads walking around bugging you. Food was excellent. I had the Prime Rib & Steak, both were excellent. Very good service in the hotel restaurants. Saw the comedy show there, too! Very good.

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside might be quieter, but I managed to sleep without the free ear plugs they have in bathroom...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo