“Good Stay”

Ranked #102 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Norway
“Good Stay”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed at Four Queens for a night during our 3 day stay in LV in order to experiance Downtown atmosphere as well. The place was not bad at all, at least there were no bedbugs in our room, which was my main concern after reading some other reviews. Despite we got our room right over the Fremont, the noise was not so bad and we manage to sleep quite well. Parking was for free in the parking house belonging to the hotel. We can recommend this place to others, it is a good value for the money.

6 Thank Kleopetra

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (633)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
MA
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed here for 1 week. Front desk was nice, quickly served. Hotel rooms are ok, they were clean at least. I only needed the room for sleep and putting my suitcase somewhere. My tub faucet was leaking all night, pressure of the water was a little too much but is beneficial if your muscle are sore. Nothing spectacular about the bathroom. Bed is big. And no matter what floor you stay on, it will be noisy until 3:00 a.m. Housekeeping was good, room always cleaned upon arrival. The room is outdated but again just fine if your intentions is to be out all day and going to bed at night. Internet is 8.99 a day. Place does have a mini coffee maker. Hallways are blah. 1 down fall: Four queens was running a promotion for $10.00 slot play if you present a casino players card from another downtown casino (golden nugget, Binions, Fremont, El Cortez), easy to understand right? Well I wasn't quite sure how the promo worked and was told by SUE at Players Club that i was wrong with what I was telling her, again I told her i wasn't sure how the promo worked, and rudely told me to "I need to go back outside, re-read the sign and tell her what it said" Really?????? Sue, you couldn't get off your high horse and tell explain to me how this promo worked, are you really that sad and pathetic of a person? What's a matter Sue? Are you that low on the four queens chain that you have just gotta try to have a power trip?????? Sue you are a disgrace for being involved in customer service and Sue, you have no idea who you were talking to, how dare you make a judgement thinking I was chump on the strip. And yes it was brought to the casino host attention and I don't know what happened to you Sue but it's quite funny how i no longer saw you working in the players club area during the rest of my stay. So people who plan on staying here, just avoid Sue who wears glasses and has a unpleasant 70's hairdo and sourpuss face and you may have an ok stay.

8 Thank Jay H
Nanton, Canada
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Good value for your dollar and location. Casino slots were a wee bit tight. The one thing that stood out most was the $9/day internet useage!! By todays standards all access should be free now!! A lot of places we have stayed the usage if free.
DO NOT prebook your flights on the downstairs computers!! It is a rip off, they charge you 5 dollars for 30 minutes, but as soon as you print they deduct 3 minutes for a 30 second print job!!
The rooms were clean, and the beds were quit comfortable as well.

Ok place to stay for a short stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
11 Thank Fightn11
Cedar City, Utah, United States
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Room was nicer, it's not a high end hotel, but room was clean and beds were comfortable. I had a nice view of the Stratosphere Tower from my 9th floor room. Lots of bonus points when I signed in and they were fairly flexible at the blackjack and texas hold'em tables.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
11 Thank Bob R
whitsett,n.c.
Reviewed November 15, 2012

my wife and i were at four queens from oct 20th thru the 23rd.
we have visited the four queens at least 2 times per year for the past 4 years.
the rooms have always been clean,the food great. hugo's is one of our favorite places to dine.
the people that work there have always been friendly and very helpful. it's great when we return and the bartenders and the employees working the tables remember your name.
for the money they charge it is a great value.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank tat2guru
Utah
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We recently went to Vegas for a family reunion. For the first 3 nights we stayed at the Fremont Hotel, which was great. Our last night we had to move to the Four Queens. Boy, after staying at the Fremont we were pretty disappointed. The rooms were small and didn't seem all that clean. Our one breakfast we ate at the Magnolia, was average but the service was extremely slow and the place wasn't even busy. If you need to stay here for the price, I understand, but for a few extra $$$ it's worth it to go elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank JoeDirtay

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Kelowna
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My Wife and I have doen the Vegas routine about four times in as many years. We always enjoyed the Freemont area, and on this most recent trip through, opted to stay there. We picked Four Queens primarily based on price ($40/night mid week).

We rolled up around 2:30 and found our way to the ample self parking. At the front desk, there was no wait and we promptly got keys to our room on the 9th floor. The room was decent enough. A touch small, certainly dated (minus the new looking carpet), bathrooms could use some TLC, but the bed was decent, and it appeared very clean. We asked for a room on the backside of the Hotel, it was all quiet after about midnight.

We really enjoyed the walkability of the Freemont area (big contrast to the strip), and all of the entertainment and restaurants available. The overhead light show can be a little cheesey, but fun just the same. We caught a good chunk of a classic rock show performed on the outdoor stage by a band called, "Yellow Brick Road". Really enjoyable!

The next morning I found the shower to have abundant hot water, and high pressure. I'm talking seriously high pressure! It was like having someone open up a fire hose on you, which is frankly might be just what you need after a night in Vegas. Checkout was prompt, I asked the clerk if they do a breakfast for guests, and she happily produced a couple of vouchers for the Magnolia Cafe. I was expecting some charge from the parking lot attendant when we left, but to my surprise, there was none.

Would we stay in Freemont area again vs. the strip: Yes! Would we return to Four Queens: quite possibly.

Room Tip: Facing away from Freemont