“Great times and great people”

Four Queens Hotel and Casino
Ranked #104 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
whitsett,n.c.
“Great times and great people”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

my wife and i were at four queens from oct 20th thru the 23rd.
we have visited the four queens at least 2 times per year for the past 4 years.
the rooms have always been clean,the food great. hugo's is one of our favorite places to dine.
the people that work there have always been friendly and very helpful. it's great when we return and the bartenders and the employees working the tables remember your name.
for the money they charge it is a great value.

8 Thank tat2guru

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (638)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Utah
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We recently went to Vegas for a family reunion. For the first 3 nights we stayed at the Fremont Hotel, which was great. Our last night we had to move to the Four Queens. Boy, after staying at the Fremont we were pretty disappointed. The rooms were small and didn't seem all that clean. Our one breakfast we ate at the Magnolia, was average but the service was extremely slow and the place wasn't even busy. If you need to stay here for the price, I understand, but for a few extra $$$ it's worth it to go elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank JoeDirtay

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Kelowna
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My Wife and I have doen the Vegas routine about four times in as many years. We always enjoyed the Freemont area, and on this most recent trip through, opted to stay there. We picked Four Queens primarily based on price ($40/night mid week).

We rolled up around 2:30 and found our way to the ample self parking. At the front desk, there was no wait and we promptly got keys to our room on the 9th floor. The room was decent enough. A touch small, certainly dated (minus the new looking carpet), bathrooms could use some TLC, but the bed was decent, and it appeared very clean. We asked for a room on the backside of the Hotel, it was all quiet after about midnight.

We really enjoyed the walkability of the Freemont area (big contrast to the strip), and all of the entertainment and restaurants available. The overhead light show can be a little cheesey, but fun just the same. We caught a good chunk of a classic rock show performed on the outdoor stage by a band called, "Yellow Brick Road". Really enjoyable!

The next morning I found the shower to have abundant hot water, and high pressure. I'm talking seriously high pressure! It was like having someone open up a fire hose on you, which is frankly might be just what you need after a night in Vegas. Checkout was prompt, I asked the clerk if they do a breakfast for guests, and she happily produced a couple of vouchers for the Magnolia Cafe. I was expecting some charge from the parking lot attendant when we left, but to my surprise, there was none.

Would we stay in Freemont area again vs. the strip: Yes! Would we return to Four Queens: quite possibly.

Room Tip: Facing away from Freemont
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Drewby88
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed November 7, 2012

The front desk staff was a mess. They gave us a key to our room. When we get up to the room and open the door it was an occupied room. So we walk back. They didn't seem concerned at all, gave us a key to another room which was also occupied. Third time's a charm, we finally got a vacant room. At this point I'm concerned about security, since they're just handing out room keys to occupied rooms. We needed a non smoking room, I was pregnant at the time. The room smelled horribly like smoke. After the 3 room fiasco, we opted to tough it out. The beds were rock hard. the pillows were no good. The room was old and dingy. I don't normally write a bad review, but I will not stay at the Four Queens ever again. I strongly considered leaving and staying elsewhere but was completely exhausted from the drive. We checked out in the morning and stayed elsewhere. This place was badly in need of a renovation. If you like dirty vegas, go for it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hawaiigirl44
London, Canada
Reviewed November 5, 2012

One of our many Vegas traditions is the prime rib special at the Magnolia Cafe at the Four Queens. I can honestly say - that this time around - the meal was the best it has ever been and we have never complained about it in the past. In the past 11 years - we have had the same wait staff for almost all of that time. We asked our server and she confirmed that she has been working there for almost 12 years. Great food and Great staff

2 Thank Mark W
Friday Harbor, Washington
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Having now stayed at all 5 Fremont Street hotels, I would put the Four Queens near the bottom. Sure the location is excellent, the price is outstanding, and the rooms are perfectly fine. But you can have better at the D (Fitzgerald's), Golden Nugget, or Plaza.
Our room was a standard hotel room, a bit smallish, clean enough, tiny bathroom, nice bed, flat screen TV, coffee maker, with a tiny closet. Internet was $8.99/day. In the casino are some of the better restaurants on Fremont St., plus a Subway, Noble Roman's Pizza carryout, and a Dreyer's ice cream store.
I have no patience for reviewers who downgrade a hotel simply due to either real or perceived employee issues. But I will make an exception here. We had not one, but three issues handled poorly: requests for a refrigerator, extra pillow, and our daily ration of coffee. Each request required repeated calls, and took hours to fulfill.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side (facing away from Fremont St.) are quieter.
3 Thank rnbnut
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed here Oct.23 -26th, made my reservations 2 months in advance and asked for a king smoking room, all they had when I checked in were 2 queens and was told I could move the next day, next day came and I was told they still had none, when I asked to speak to a mgr. they suddenly found me one, found hairs in the bathroom and when I took a shower by the time I was done the water in the tub was standing about 2 inches above my ankle also if you are the type to turn in early DO NOT get a room facing fremont street, very loud music very late at night. Only upside is the room was only 88 dollars for 3 nights and the majority of the employees were friendly but I would not stay here again. Rooms need a major serious upgrade

Room Tip: Get a room as far away from fremont as you can
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo