“Loud and very small rooms”

Four Queens Hotel and Casino
Ranked #104 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed here Oct.23 -26th, made my reservations 2 months in advance and asked for a king smoking room, all they had when I checked in were 2 queens and was told I could move the next day, next day came and I was told they still had none, when I asked to speak to a mgr. they suddenly found me one, found hairs in the bathroom and when I took a shower by the time I was done the water in the tub was standing about 2 inches above my ankle also if you are the type to turn in early DO NOT get a room facing fremont street, very loud music very late at night. Only upside is the room was only 88 dollars for 3 nights and the majority of the employees were friendly but I would not stay here again. Rooms need a major serious upgrade

Room Tip: Get a room as far away from fremont as you can
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank AKyguy

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Got off to a poor start--put us in a room over Fremont Street--loud,loud--wasn't good.Next morning got in a room on the 12th floor on the South side & it was excellent.Faced the Golden Nugget side street.Then good times had by all. Our only bad start at the Queens .
Will surely stay again as they treat us well. Food is always good & Fremont is the place to be.Find the strip just hustle & bustle.

Room Tip: Stay away from Fremont street rooms if you want any sleep or if you can sleep through anything you...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank donna l
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed here Sept 17-20th with my mom, aunt and cousin for a girls trip. The others in my trip like to gamble a lot, but I like my craps table! They have lower minimum tables, which is great. Their craps table workers help you to remember the game and get you back to rollin'. They were very friendly. The cocktail waitresses do not come by often enough. The machines seemed to pay out pretty good. Their players club has many freebies. Great location on Freemonth Street. The need to have their Subway resturant open 24x7 - food was hard to come by at the wee hours of the morning. Service was VERY SLOW at Magnolia Restaurant and was very average. Their "concierge" was most helpful whenever I asked questions - and very friendly! Their rooms are very outdated, as I expected prior to arrival. We had an issue with our first room with the toilet leaking all over the floor, so we were moved to a new room, which seemed to have the same issue, but on a smaller scale. Something we lived with, but putting towels down.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SweetMelissaAnn
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Arrived unannounced without booking after a long 10 hour drive, good roof top parking and reception staff very helpful. Room was huge and at a decent price, only gripes it reeked of cigarette smoke and cleanliness wasn't too great. Casino was good fun, humorous dealers and good dancers. Didn't eat in the hotel so cannot comment on the food, really good location.If there was the facility to rate 3.5 i would. there is not so will give it a four because was our first experience of Vegas

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank felipej
Reviewed October 24, 2012

SCAM ALERT: JP and I were at the Four Queens last weekend (10/20/2012) seeing Mike Hammer's Comedy/Magic Show and playing some blackjack at their $5.00 minimum tables. If you do these things you can have your parking validated and it makes a real difference. Without validation our parking fee would have been $13.00 - this is unheard of elsewhere in Vegas where there is totally free parking and often free valet (Signature Hotel) in every one of the major hotels on the strip - but with validation the parking fee at the Four Queens was $1.00. Here is the scam: When we handed the parking attendant our ticket, he looked at the ticket and clearly, loudly and quite distinctly said, "$5.00!" We were reaching for the fee when we saw that the electronic read-out on front of his booth said $1.00 in large red numbers. So we said, which is it $1.00 or $5.00? and he then said, "Pay this" pointing at the illuminated sign that read $1.00 in large red numbers. You know as well as I do that MANY people - especially foreigners and the elderly hear $5.00 and they pay $5.00 no matter what the numbers on the booth might show. The parking attendant then pockets the remaining $4.00. THIS IS NOT THE WAY TO RUN YOUR PARKING STRUCTURE FOUR QUEENS! I understand that your lot attendants probably make minimum wage and NEED the cash but bilking it out of unsuspecting parking patrons is dirty and people should be warned. AT THE FOUR QUEENS PAY ONLY WHAT THE RED ELECTRONIC NUMBERS SHOW ON THE FRONT OF THE PARKING BOOTH - pay no attention to the number the parking atttendant says. You have been warned. (Gotta be on your toes in Las Vegas - there are thieves and pickpockets everywhere.)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
17  Thank cgtravers
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed here recently with friends who gamble quite a bit. We were scheduled for four nights but checked out after the first night. As far as "9/6" slots go for video poker they have a bank of 8 machines which pay the best. You can do 5 dollar black jack all day long. Their players club gives tons of freebies if you gamble. Hard to find a cocktail waitress if that is your gig, and she probably won't be smoking hot. So, gamble here for sure if that is your gig. The rooms I thought were a bit gross. The caulking was coming outmin the shower and there was a bit of mold too. The restaurants were good and the steak house is top notch, been here for ever. I always try my best to be positive and optimistic on my reviews. However, there are plenty of hotels on Freemont that kick as for the same price or just a bit more.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank 6digityachtclub
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We attended a family reunion at the Four Queens. This was a large reunion and the hotel had made a contract for our group. One point being that we would be in a back tower away from the Fremont Street noise. Almost all of us were in the north tower just a room away from the noise. You could see Fremont street from mhy window. I had called to get an estimate of the rooms. they misquoted and I ended up paying $100 more than expected.

The room was musty and I couldn't open a window. The floor was sticky, and the AC was either freezing or not working at all. The bed was lumpy and my side was a hole.

I enjoyed being on Fremont street. It was a gas, but I would rather have taken a bus back and forth from another hotel than stay in this hotel ever again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family