“bad hotel”

Fairfield Inn Las Vegas Airport
Ranked #96 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed January 13, 2014

no hot water, breakfast sucks and stops at 9 am. I stayed on new years eve tried to take
shower but no hot water and the water preasure was a trickle. never again will I stay
at these marriotts. I need good service and a good shower. moved to new York,new York.
the next 5 days and was great. this place is crap.

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Stormi P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Las Vegas Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience at our property. I am disappointed to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory. I would like to sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced with the lack of hot water. I understand how inconvenient this can be as this is a fundamental of hotel travel. Unfortunately, during your visit we experienced an issue with one of the circulation pumps which led to a hot water shortage. Once discovered it was quickly remedied however during that time unfortunately there were several guests affected and I understand how this could have negatively impacted your overall stay. Now that the renovation is complete we would love the opportunity to host your stay again and show you an experience truly reflective of the service and accommodations we pride ourselves on providing. Thank you for your time!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I felt much better when I stayed at this hotel than other hotels in Strip.

At least, the staff is extremely helpful. They are more willing to help people, such as they may prepare breakfast if you depart really early in the morning..

They have free airport shuttle bus as well.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Machilus

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback regarding your January stay! One of the advantages of staying at a hotel off the strip is the personalized service you receive from our staff. I am pleased to hear that you found the team to be friendly and service oriented. Now that the renovation is completed we would love to opportunity for you to return and enjoy our new product.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Do not stay here. Worst hotel in Vegas. Currently under renovation but its not excuse for the below average amenities, bad coffee, less than luke warm water in the shower, breakfast bar that closes at 9:00 a.m... ridiculous!!! Who eats breakfast before 9:00 a.m. in the Sin City.. Unbelievable. I have stayed at better hotels at the same price. No vending machine facilities. I understand they are renovating but can't even provide one vending machine? Front desk employees were courteous but the hotel is BAD! Just find something else.. this is shame to the Marriott name.

Room Tip: Just do not stay here. Period.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review your January stay at the Fairfield Inn. I am disappointed to hear about your frustrating experience while staying with us. First and foremost I would like to apologize for the state of our lobby. During your stay with us the hotel was undergoing a full property renovation that left the lobby accommodations under construction. With this several of our routine amenities has to be relocated during this process. While we did not have a vending machine on site in our front office we did provide a limited market with many of our most popular items. I am happy to hear that you felt our staff was friendly and courteous. Our objective is to show you a stay truly reflective of the service and value we provide. Now that our renovation is completed we would love the opportunity to turn your impression around and give you a stay that lives up to our guest promises. Thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Been here a few times in the past. It is clean and decent but a bit dated. Beds look neat and clean but towels are discolored by age. There is a small fridge, microwave oven and coffee maker in my room, but this is not standard for all rooms. Breakfast area was moved to a small room because of construction and not yet so well organized. Parking is always a problem especially if you come in late. Stalls are very narrow and difficult to get in and out of. Latecomers park on the narrow red painted curb behind the one-row parking, leaving not enough room for the vehicles parked head-in.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Knew this hotel was under renovations but didn't figure that would be an issue as we just needed a place to sleep after a late night drive from L.A.. We arrived just after 1am and were lucky to find the last parking spot in a tiny lot that was crowded with construction equipment. Check in was moderately quick and the bed was very comfortable and the room quiet enough. Had a good night's sleep and then got up to refresh for our drive. Discovered we couldn't get hot water in the shower unless the sink faucet was turned on too! Then the smoke alarm was set off by all the extra steam from the bathroom. It was kind of funny, but also a bit annoying. Since we were in a hurry to get back on the road we didn't bother complaining but did leave a note. Definitely won't be staying here again until I know the construction is completely done!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lilcis
Reviewed December 19, 2013

The hotel was perfect. The hotel is under renovations, that did not interfere with our trip. In fact, I completely understand, the Marriott I work for is also under renovation. The Night Audit, KT, was awesome. The hotel was in a perfect location. It was nice to be a bit off the strip, and not have to pay the resort fees. The breakfast was excellent. The staff was great too, I called for extra hangers,coffee and towels and had them asap. The room was large and super clean. The only thing I would have liked was a larger closet. But, all in all, it's a great place that I will definitely visit again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Stayed here the other night and the property was in the middle of a remodel. Luckily, all of the rooms have been completely remodeled.

The front desk is a converted hotel room and the breakfast area is a converted suite...

Apparently their credit card machine was offline when I checked in and I received a call from "corporate" requesting for my credit card information...seemed fishy.

The room itself was okay, although quite basic.

- Towels were plentiful but on the thin side.
- The mattress, pillows, and comforters were all comfortable.
- The HVAC unit only had Heat/AC, Low or High Modes...which meant that my room was an oven by the time I woke up in the morning...eek!

The breakfast was surprisingly decent for a lower end Marriott property

...walls were paper thin as well...

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo