“Ok Hotel off the strip” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #110 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Winnipeg, Canada
“Ok Hotel off the strip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here once with work. Located behind the Wynn area

The free breakfast was nice

The rooms are very standard and nothing special. The bathrooms we found to be smaller but ok.

I've stayed at nicer hotels off the strip and if I was coming for vacation on my own, I wouldn't stay here.

The staff was very nice.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Canadawj

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed in this hotel last year for 3 days. I was travelling from chicago to vegas. Being a marriott platinum member, i chose this hotel as i had enough points to pay for this stay all by points. Worst thing that I found here was there bus service which is alsmost of no use. It is not at walking distance from strip, so we definitely need a ride either vy cab or shuttle service of hotel but shuttle service was full waste. We waited for more than an hour at airport for pickup. Then while coming back from the strip, after waiting for 40 minutes we finally took a cab.
Rooms are just OK but for anyfault in the room, staff members feel so sorry that we just can't say anything. They are always ready to accept their mistakes and to give us marriott points for anything that is not perfect.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was in Vegas for a trade show at the convention center and usually stay at a casino hotel. I wanted a quieter experience and this was perfect. Upon my arrival to the airport, I called the hotel and they promptly sent the (FREE) shuttle to pick me up. When I walked in the door the receptionist greeted me by my name and I was checked into my room within 45 minutes of touchdown. The last time I was in Vegas it was at least a 2 hour ordeal after waiting in line for a cab, paying a cab fee, waiting in a long line at the casino hotel, and walking the length of the hotel to my room where I paid $15/day for internet service. The room was clean and completely met my needs with good tv and free internet access. This will be my Vegas home in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank wandererWisconsin
Lake Forest,CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This Fairfield Inn was just a mile or so away from the strip. The breakfast was free, rooms were big enough and it was a fairly quiet part of town. Needless to say, it's not a glitzy place, no casino, no extras but the price was great for Vegas!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here for just a night. Hotel was clean although it is showing its age. The heat/ac located near bed was noisy (as they usually are). Toilet had a slow leak inside tank so it would refill about once an hour. Staff was told about problem but they seemed to dismiss it. Door to room would only close if pushed/pulled pretty hard (again staff seemed to dismiss this when I told them of it). Breakfast area was clean and well stocked when we arrived early. Only complaint is they didn't have bread. I have never been to a hotel where they didn't have bread!
If you are a light sleeper you may wish to choose another as planes go over very regularly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ninya R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Las Vegas Airport, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for your time spent to comment.
It is nice that you found the hotel clean and breakfast pleasing. I apologize that you didn't feel the staff reacted to your complaints with a sense of urgency as that is unacceptable. I also am unhappy that you had the issues initially. Our Housekeeping Team and Engineer are very proactive in identifying mechanical (or) engineering issues before releasing the rooms for guests.
I will address these issues with all departments as this is neither typical nor tolerable.
Immediate resolution to any concern is the expectation.
Once again, thank you for your comments and feedback.
Scotts Valley, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn Las Vegas Airport for almost a week while attending the Consumer Electronics Show in January 2013. During CES, taxis are extremely hard to snag because there are 150,000 other people trying to get from their hotels to the show in the morning, or back to their hotels in the evening, or to restaurants for dinner. It's not unusual to have a 30- to 45-minute wait for a cab at prime time, so we picked this hotel so that we could walk to and from the show every day. It worked well for that. Other hotels within walking distance of the LVCC were very expensive ($500 and up per night) so even at $200, it was still sort of a bargain.

However, the hotel itself was completely average in all respects. It was fairly clean and wasn't smoky unlike most larger Vegas hotels, but the property shows definite signs of aging and deferred maintenance. Our room was furnished with tired institutional furniture, lacked a safe for our valuables, had a tiny wardrobe instead of a closet, and the hotel's free breakfast was something you'd probably reject at a Denny's.

There's nothing "fun" about this hotel. The only thing it offers that is hard to get in Vegas is its proximity to the convention center. It's on a very busy, dirty street a few blocks back from the Strip, so if nightlife is your goal, this isn't the place to be. We actually felt a bit uncomfortable walking outside the hotel at night. It's not a bad neighborhood but "grubby" comes to mind.

To end on a positive note, the hotel is one of the few in Vegas that offers a free shuttle to and from the airport, and the breakfast staff and front desk staff were very friendly and helpful.

I guess the bottom line for me was that I didn't spend hours in taxi lines, and my hair and clothes didn't get all smoky smelling. Next year at CES, I might even go back, but I won't expect anything except a place to sleep at night and a cheap breakfast.

Room Tip: Unless you're an extremely sound sleeper, avoid rooms on the south side of the hotel. The trash...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank glewbel
I would like to speak to your highlights; the hotel is in an ideal location to the convention center and strip. With that, our complimentary shuttle commutes our guests to/from both locations. This operates from 4:30am-12:00am daily upon demand.
Breakfast is an upgraded continental however; Marriott is changing the Fairfield Inn breakfast options that we are excited to roll out within the month.
As for next year for CES the hotel will have underwent a full-renovation and I can confidently say will nothing less than a fun, modern, unique place to spend your day and evening.
We look forward to being your host again in 2014.
Grand Junction, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Stayed 1 night - room nice and clean, adequate for our family. The breakfast buffet was a horrible experience - my folks are both handicapped, the breakfast area was not handicapped accessible, their was hardly any food at 8:30 in the a.m. The place was a madhouse - guests were grabbing what they could to eat, the staff was slowly replenishing the food, not enough places to sit and eat. Front desk staff was very nice and friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank dudpa
Good Day,
First, allow me to apologize that you didn't feel the hotel met your expectations. I am displeased to hear that your stay was not up to standard.
To speak to your concerns; the hotel does offer accessible seating on the upper floor of the breakfast area; this location is solely devoted to our accessible guests.
Breakfast ideally is always stocked completely to accommodate the capacity of the hotel. I will address this concern as I can confidently state, it is a rarity if it isn't full.
Either way, unacceptable if it left you dissatisfied.
I am however pleased to hear that the staff was friendly and courteous.
Thank you for your business and I do hope that you allow us another opportunity in the future.