“Squared away.”

Fairfield Inn Las Vegas Airport
Ranked #104 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
“Squared away.”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

The staff are so good to me. I stay here often and though everyone knows my first name, and I know thiers, I'm always Mr. Matthews to them.

• Stayed October 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Madison, WI
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Each year I find myself in Las Vegas for the annual bicycle industry conference (InterBike) which is held at the Sands Convention Center. A number of years ago, our staff made the decision to look for accommodations off of the strip but within walking distance to the convention hall.

For the past three years we have been returning to the Fairfield Inn and it has been perfect! First, they offer a free and prompt shuttle from the airport. Simply give the good folks at the front desk a call and the shuttle arrives in minutes. Secondly, the front desk and general hotel staff are super friendly and helpful. The complimentary coffee and breakfast is adequately stocked.

The hotel is one big Las Vegas block from the Sands Hall, Venetian and Wynn (about a 10 minute walk). Also within walking distance are a number of refreshingly good restaurants (sushi, Indian, Moroccan, Tapas...).

The rooms are nicely appointed. Since I'm in Vegas for business, what I like best about the Fairfield Inn is that it's a nice bit of sanctuary during very busy days that take place in the swirling lights and noise that is Las Vegas.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We would liek to make a statement regarding those reviewing the location of this property. It is off Strip,so what? This is our second stay here and they have a FREE and very accomodating shttule with a super driver. he was top notch for us. Took us to the Wynn and picked us up their with no issues. Got us the airport right on time. Sure, you need to give ample notice. They do have other guests.
We did not see where it was dirty, aged maybe so but our room was clean and comfortable. They even let us check in a few ours early, Carissa (I think was her name) took very good care of us. We will stay agin. Thanks for the nice stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TCBinKC
StormiPosch, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Las Vegas Airport, responded to this review, August 26, 2011
I wanted to thank you for your positive commentary. I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable visit, not once but twice! I will advise the staff of your message and make certain the individuals you highlighted are recognized.
Look forward to your next visit, have a wonderful weekend.
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed August 13, 2011

My wife and I recently stayed here. The hotel is on pa rwith other Fairfield Inn's we have stayed at: JFK Airport in New York, Newark Airport, and in Scottsdale Arizona. However, internet use left much to be desired. We were unable to connect to the internet from our room as advertised, and was advised by the front desk to call technical support but received a message to leave my name and other details for a call-back. At the front desk it was suggested that I take my lap-top computer to the Starbucks about a 5 minute walk in the July desert heat and to buy a cup of coffee for use of their internet connection. I might add that in the evening of our 1 night stay, the two hotel computers near the dining room were unable to surf the internet.
The following day the front desk was able to connect me to technical support and I was then able to surf the net on my lap-top computer but only in the lobby. I was given a typed letter at the front desk written by the manager apologizing for problems with the internet connections due to an upgrading of the system at the hotel. If this was true, why was a card promoting fast and efficient room connections to the internet left in the room? As the manager of the hotel was not available at the time, I left a feed-back card for her explaining the problem. I was told that she would reply to my evaluation as guest satisfaction was very important to the hotel. In addition, I was told that I would probably be compensated for my inconvenience via a price adjustment or Marriott Points.
Two weeks have passed and I have not been notified by any hotel representative.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
StormiPosch, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Las Vegas Airport, responded to this review, August 14, 2011
Good Afternoon,
In reference to the concern that you experienced with the internet, first, allow me to apologize for the lack of connectivity you and your wife experienced during your stay. We have just transitioned the hotel from wired to wireless internet. Certainly, the objective was to conduct this transition seamlessly yet, it appears that we failed you in this attempt.
Once again, my apologies for this inconvenience
Brandon, Florida
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I always, always stay at Marriott properties, but his is one hotel which shouldn't carry the Marriott name. The place is dirty, wi-fi doesn't work and the manager I delt with Kaena was less than friennly or helpful! Spend your money elsewhere! I would never stay here again, I was misled by some of the positive reviews I read....! If you have standards on where you like to sleep at night and are a true Rewards Member, skip this dump! I ended up cancelling my reservation and moving to another Marriott property clsoer to the strip.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Good Afternoon,
I am less than pleased that you had such negative experience at the hotel. As you stated, “The high majority of our reviews are all positive!” Very surprising that you had a cleanliness concern as the hotel is maintained with the highest integrity from that perspective.
As for the internet, the hotel was just recently undergoing an upgrade from wired to wireless access. I apologize that you experienced any inconvenience as a result of this addition.
As for Kaena, one of my Front Desk associates, not a member of the management team. I am very sorry that she might have come across harsh or abrupt. This is certainly out of character for her and I can’t begin to think why she wouldn’t have been helpful? I have addressed this concern with her and made her known of your occurrence. Best regards,
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Service is average, no fuss. The female staff at the reception don't smile at all. They seem to be in a hurry serving you or when talking to you. The male receptionist at night is friendlier and nicer. The driver for the shuttle is nice and helpful.
The room is clean and has enough space. No bed bugs at all. Free internet plug-in in the room, free internet at the lobby area, free breakfast (however, you have to be up before 10am, or else, you won't be served enough), free shuttle service to/from the hotel-airport, to/from hotel-The Strip area drop off/pick-up (O Sheas and Wynn). They have a pool, and a gym. It's inexpensive, and you get a lot of plusses. It has its advantages and disadvantages.
However, I don't recommend this to people who want to go to the Strip everyday. Yo will end up waiting for the shuttle. Good if the shuttle is available - they only have 1 (one) shuttle service. There were about 5x we were not able to use their shuttle because: it's still at the airport picking-up a guest, or the tire broke down, or it won't be back soon. It happened to us. So don't depend on their free shuttle always. Be ready to spend for a cab ride. Overall, you will have to weigh it. But if I were to come back to Vegas, I will try The Venetian/Palazzo or Wynn (but these are more expensive) since they are near the Strip and has shops and theaters available.

Room Tip: The 4th floor rooms are Non-smoking, which I appreciate a lot.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
StormiPosch, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Las Vegas Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2011
Good Afternoon,
I want to thank you for the response that you have posted. I appreciate your feedback as it is critical to the success of the hotel. The hotel facilitates a complimentary shuttle to 5/locations; McCarran Airport, Las Vegas Convention Center, Sands Convention Center and two locations on the strip, The Wynn Hotel and Oshea’s all within the hours of 4a-12a daily. The shuttle runs upon demand through the Front Desk. I apologize that you were unable to use it at all times however, being that it does facilitate so many locations from time to time there is a slight delay.
Breakfast operates daily from 6a-9a Monday-Friday and then on the weekends 7a-10a by Marriott mandate. However, an alternative for those guests that might like to take advantage of sleeping in, we offer a “Grab & Go” option that is available through the Front Desk 24/7 that includes a variety of breakfast items for a minimal cost of $3 (or) at any time we would be happy to grab our guests a piece of fruit or muffin for those late risers.
There is true value in the hotel vs. the strip venues with the following complimentary items; wireless internet, upgraded continental breakfast, shuttle service to/from named locations and ¼ mile from the Las Vegas strip. Please, allow us another opportunity to exceed your expectations again when visiting Las Vegas.
san luis obispo
Reviewed August 1, 2011

It's hard industry to do right much easier to be critic ..but you need to be careful here ..
It's a franchise marriott that needs management help. We were just there for basketball tourney so a bunch teenagers not harshest critics ..Housekeeping is mess just not enough staff /supervision .Don't expect anything on stayovers (no new shamppoo/ the bed being remade ,poor girls are way over worked .Breakfast always ranout stuff because staffing poor desk clerks had to also run over and cover .One of our group found used condom laying in open called housekeeping and GM everyone apologized and susposely cleaned second time he looked under bed and found 4 more ! Yuck! We all no housekeeping is toughest job in world "bless them" but really this bad ..
On plusses staff front desk and driver were great ! Really seems like management /owner problem .Location is not horrible but for same money stay on strip we checked out day early and stayed at New York New York for same money ...so why? No spa/poor housekeeping medicore breakfast ..?Hi speed internet wasn't they have lobby pcs but rarely work and staffed confessed it never does when full ,Lobby pcs hooked in to old system requires you to return to hotel page to make search .silly .

Room Tip: Downstairs near pool not great pool but 110 likely use .
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Good Day,
I am responding to the comment you have posted. First, allow me to apologize that you felt the service levels of the staff to be inadequate. I can assure you that the staffing levels of the hotel are not low nor our Housekeeping staff overworked. I personally addressed, resolved and compensated the individual you mention with the cleanliness complaint. Rare, but addressed accordingly.
The hotel has a very diverse and trained staff that operates and facilitates all areas / needs of the hotel.
I do appreciate the feedback that you have extended.