“Freezing cold and unfriendly” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fremont Plaza Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Fremont Plaza Hotel
Ranked #174 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Singapore
“Freezing cold and unfriendly”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2011

Can you imagine wearing your winter coat to sleep? I did that for 2 nights of stay in Motel 6. The whole experience here was bad from the moment we step in. First, the reception was not friendly, my mum was not clear of the charges so she ask her about it and told her that the charges could not be that high, the lady was infriendly and told my mum that if she is not happy with the price she can talk to the manager in the morning. But hello, its New Year's Day in the morning, do you think the manager will be there? I don't think so, so why can you just explain the changes and that will be fine. Then my mum say if you don't explain then i will not sign the check, then she say its not her business, she has printed the check and by hook or by crook we have to sign it or we can't get a room, so in the wee hours of New year's day, we just sign the check and get to our rooms. When we get into the rooms, my brother hook up the internet and got a clearer picture of the payment, so we did not ask anyone the next day.

The second problem arises on the moment we step in the room, it was freezing cold, we turn the heater up to high but its still so cold, afraid of getting a rebuke again, we wore our down jackets and get to bed. That was the first night, on the second night it was also freeking cold and down jackets have to be worn too.

The third problem was the room keys. When we were back from our tour, we are not able to open the door and have to run down to get it reprogrammed.

The last problem was the service of the hotel. This is my first time hearing that they don't provide luggage deposit service. I have stayed at Red Roof Inn in NY, Motel 6 at Los Angeles, Travelodge at San Francisco and all of them provide me with luggage deposite service. And the staff could tell me that it is a norm in US that they don't provide luggage deposit but that can't be other hotels and even their sister hotel does provide that can't explain. We pratically beg her to store our luggage and she ignore us and refuse to help us, in the end my dad offer to pay her to keep our luggage then she relent and help to look after our luggage. What kind of service is that.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank t16mytm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Topeka, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2010

Now I understand this is Motel 6 not the Venetian... but dear lord this place is horrid! The only plus of this property was the staff I dealt with when we stayed there. We were unable to get a room close to everyone else because of the ACMA's being in town so we ended up here. NEVER AGAIN! We literally found crack in our hotel room along with every party material under the sun. They moved us to another room, which had no screen on the window... this wouldn't have been an issue had it not been 90 degrees out with no air available anywhere on the property. The manager did refund us all of our money and gave us a voucher for a free stay. We WILL NOT be using it here.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank Queenem1223

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2010

This motel is on East Fremont Street Las Vegas, number 707 if I recall properly, we had booked ahead as it seemed ok when I checked it out on the internet but on arrival it was obvious that it was in the (not so nice end of town).
It said that it had Wi Fi Internet in all the rooms but the room we were in had no Wi Fi at all, after ringing the front desk they informed me that some of the rooms had bad reception and if I need to use the internet I could go down to the room near the front desk, when I went down there I was surprised to see 2 police standing there and receiving instructions about one of the people in their room that had to be removed, it was not a good feeling to be in a motel where this was happening.
There add on the internet was misleading, the room had a strong smell of cigarettes even though it was supposed to be a non smoking room, the bath had no plug so having a bath was out of the question, the bath was well worn and had paint spilt all over it, the front door looked like it had been kicked in at some stage and the bed was not the best either.
I would definately not recommend this motel to anybody unless you are really desperate for a motel but even then I would have felt safer sleeping in my car. I would not even give this motel a 1 star rating, it is terrible.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank defadad
Vancouver
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2009

I just returned from a trip to Vegas and thought I'd get one nights accomodation for a decent price. The price was decent, but it was, without question the worst decsion I have made regarding a motel. Dirty, filthy and a VERY sketchy area. DON'T DO IT!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Devolicious
phoenix
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2009

My wife was on a trip to Vegas, got into town late and her group had reservations here. she immediately set up reservations for a hotel that isn't frightening. her description of the room was terrible, included a filthy stained bed and linens and what appeared to be a trail of blood on the floor. bathroom was also filthy.
She also said there was an eviction notice in the lobby of the hotel and the bar next door is named "ghetto one bar". she also mentioned groups of people that looked like trouble hanging around.

we have stayed at many hotel6 locations across the country, this one is probably the worst one in the chain. tom bodett should be ashamed!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank usatraveler536
Phx
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2009

I booked a 3 bed suite 2 weeks in advance with a confirmed reservation at a price quoted both by a clerk at the property on the phone and the internet. When I arrived the price had magically risen about 20%. No managers were available and the clerk insisted I must have been mistaken: "we never quote that price" even though she acknowledged my rate was on the internet.
Next time, get a faxed confirm or better yet, stay away. This is not your typical franchise owned Motel 6 and operates way below their standards.

No cups, ice, bath towels, toiletries or morning coffee was provided. No temp control on AC. Back rooms are on street and loud. Despite a large billboard on top claiming ESPN & HBO, they're not there and the TV reception verges on useless. The room interiors are crude from one too many renovations and I have my doubts about how clean they are.

TRY ANOTHER!!! THIS ONE ISN'T WORTH IT.

• Liked — 2 rooms 3 beds suite
  • Disliked — price bait & switch
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
4 Thank TimB0b
los angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2008

I recently stayed at the motel 6 on 707 fremont avenue and it was a very scary experience. My boyfriend and i stayed in a 1 queen bedroom smoking suite. When we entered the room it was pretty clean, bed was made and towels were hung but...... when i pull the covers back i found to roaches on the bed(disgusting!!!!). The next night from coming from the club i decided to take a shower and notice a brownish black object on the towel,i picked up the toweland found a TICK on one of the batroom towels. Room service does not come and bring towels or clean rooms. You would have to be lucky to find them.If your staying near rooms near the balcony it is adviced "NOT". There is a complex next to the motel and prostitutes are screaming and arguing all night. There is a club called "Take 1 " next to the motel and if ur planning on sleeping....There are constant arguing and fighting at this club, so you might want to sleep during the morning hours. Don't be fooled by the cable avertisments. They said HBO, Cartoon Network and many others were included in rooms.. but it was a LIE!!! My advise is to....STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!

• Liked — The women at the front desk were very nice
  • Disliked — False avertisment and poor housekeeping
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank luckieduckie3000