Fremont Plaza Hotel
  • Room Service
Vista Motel(Las Vegas)
Alpine Motel(Las Vegas)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 1, 2007

I guess I should've taken the advice of two girls who were leaving the hotel when I arrived.... They had been there one night and were leaving because it was so nasty.

At first glance, the place seems ok, but a little rough around the edges and like it's being remodeled. Then you start to look a little closer and realize how gross it is. We found stains on the towels, stains on the bed spreads, stains on all the walls. The peep hole on the front door is just a hole- no glass, no metal eyehole piece. Just a hole drilled into the door.

The kicker was the next morning when I woke up with BUG BITES all over my legs. When I complained about the unsanitary conditions, the front desk clerk could not have been more apathetic. I'm going to try contacting the manager for money back, because I spent way more than I should have to stay in that dump.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
5  Thank angie74
Reviewed October 9, 2007

Ditto the 10-3 review. We didn't expect anything but clean. Pubic hairs in the bed, patched ceilings, stained carpet. It will be interesting to see if Travel Worm responds to my complaint. "Birds of a feather..."??? Don't even consider it!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Buddad
Reviewed October 3, 2007

I recently stayed at this hotel on September 27th thru the 30th. Upon arrival we noticed they were in the middle of remodeling. We had to park our motorcycle in the middle almost right below the swimming pool. All of the other parking areas were roped off. The rooms smelled of paint,the bedding and carpet had stains all over them,the wallpaper in the restrooms was falling down. The T.V.,phone and air conditioner did not work properly in the two rooms I had paid for. The construction workers started working very early in the morning,therefore we could not sleep late at all. After this awfull weekend, the three of us that went found overspray from them painting the swimming pool area on all three motorcycles. I called to speak to the manager and she denied they were even painting the whole time we were there. I asked what were they going to do about this problem and she said nothing. I asked her for the owner of this hotel and she refused to give me any information. This hotel shouldn't even be allowed to be open for business in the condition it is in. I wouldn't even recommend this hotel to my worst enemy.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
4  Thank bikermange
Reviewed April 4, 2007

I have never been so disappointed with any accommodations in my travels as we were at Good Day Inn Las Vegas. We have traveled extensively and had our share of mistakes but your facility is the worse. We made arrangement to be at Good Day Inn from 3/9 through 3/12/07.

Upon arrival at about 3pm on 3/9/07, it was close to 80 degrees. The room, #305 was musty and warm being closed up all day. We turned on the air-conditioner as we unpacked. After several moments we noticed the air-conditioning did not work. I called down to the desk and was told it would not be turned on until April!

The television had no remote control, only had reception for 3 local channels, one which was so poor, you could not watch it, leaving two channels to be watched on “satellite tv?”

The wireless internet hookup required a “password.” The desk did not know what the password was. I explained that a screen said “Good Day Inn password required” and was told that no one knew what the password was. Finally I was given the home number of Greg, the computer person. I called and left a message with my room number and my personal cell phone for a return call. To this day, I have not received that call.

While unpacking, I nearly bashed my leg against a metal bar that was protruding from the bed frame next to the wall (see photo attached). By this time, we were so distraught we demanded our money back and we would find other accommodations. We were told that the first night would be withheld no matter what.

The next morning upon checking out, we noticed a dead bird in the parking area which had obviously been there quite sometime. Above our vehicle under the carport were huge leaking holes. The holes exposed pipes that were dripping causing liquid to pool on the top of our vehicle and dangerous puddles all over the ground.

The whole experience would not have been quite so traumatic had we not read on the internet that the facility provided: (copy of page provided for your convenience)

-satellite television
-dial-up internet connection
-coffeemakers (there was no coffeemaker, big surprise)

Nothing in the internet information was true or provided. I feel this is a huge fraud and misrepresentation on the part of Good Day Inn-Las Vegas. As a burned client and traveler of Good Day Inn, I intend to advise other unsuspecting persons of our incredibly disastrous experience by posting this correspondence on the Web.

Please clean-up your act and your facility to be what you propose it to be.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank bajabj
Reviewed March 26, 2006

Let me start by saying I wasn't expecting much out of a 1 star motel so that isn't the problem. I was expecting clean and simple. According to the website there is 25" tv's or larger, satellite cable, a pool, deluxe continental breakfast, coffee pots, alarm clocks...none of which exist.
We had booked 9 rooms for a party of about 36, many of them children. We were originally booked at a different hotel, but they moved us to the "Good Day Inn" on Fremont Street and assured us it was OK. When we arrived at 10:30pm our room still had piles of dirty towels, and trash in the room. I had to move into another room. Then the rooms was still dirty. (See pictures of carpet) The towels have never seen bleach, they are smelly and gray. (so are the sheets).
The t.v's in all the rooms didn't work and were small and old. NO cable. The next morning in the bride's room, her two year old found a crack pipe on the edge of the mattress. The manager finally showed up to talk to us, but didn't help. I have pictures of the crack pipe also. Paint flooded the bed of one of our people's truck (it was leaking from the second floor, they sent him to the car wash). The pool was empty and shut down due to plumbing not up to code. There is NO continental breakfast, not even doughnuts. The plumbing backed up in many rooms (several people in the lobby complaining with us) as well as did ours even though we hadn't used it. (someone elses brown floaties...ick) We spent our whole trip trying to talk with managers. No one would even give us the owners name, and the main managers wouldn't give us the time of day. We are filing with the BBB. There were prostitutes roaming the parking lot, and trash under the stairs. (see pics)There were really too many issues to count. Rooms that looked more like they would rent by the hour was not our idea of a good place to put our kids. Many of us ended up sick all the way home. (literally vomiting in the car). We still have not gotten anybody other than a desk manager to talk with us, even though we went to the main office at 5100 Paradise Rd. in Las Vegas and waited for a 'real' manager. Still no help, we were told the manager we would have to talk to was in California on a trip. Stay away from here!!!!

• Stayed: March 2006