“Well located for visiting family”

Courtyard Las Vegas Summerlin
Ranked #129 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We came to Las Vegas to visit retired family so this hotel was closest to where they are living. The beds were comfortable and the kids liked the pool. We had no trouble with noise or cleanliness and I liked the shampoo and conditioner.

However, the hotel has removed their complementary coffee from the lobby recently and I hadn't realized when I booked that breakfast was not included. Nothing that the staff or the hotel did wrong, but when traveling with the family, I expect breakfast to be included at this price point, so will not be returning.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mbirgen
chris_cy_gm, General Manager at Courtyard Las Vegas Summerlin, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. I very much appreciate your business and I am pleased your stay was a pleasant one. Yes, it is unfortunate that complimentary coffee has been removed from the lobby area. However, we have provided coffee makers in each room for our guests to be able to brew a fresh cup of coffee or tea at their leisure. It is true that complimentary breakfast is not included in our regular room rate, but we have many rates available that does include breakfast. I apologize that those options were not fully explained, or available, at the time of your reservation. Thank you for choosing the Las Vegas Summerlin Courtyard for your stay, and I hope we can provide future accommodations for you and your family whenever you return to the area.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We love staying at Marriotts as they are always clean and comfortable. This one was no exception. Nice lobby, roomy business and lounge area. The room was smaller than some but comfortable with very comfy bed and exceptional linens.

The Wi-Fi worked great and the TV was large with decent channels. Upon check-in the front desk was fast and efficient.

We had requested a first floor room which proved to be a mistake as we got a room very near the lobby which had a lot of traffic. We were woken up a few times by loud voices very early in the morning and late at night. We also requested extra pillows which were there on the bed - great service!

Our only concern was the service at the breakfast area which features Starbucks products. The first day we waited 20 minutes and couldn't get served because a bus full of teenagers in town for some sport competition came down unchaperoned and virtually took over the breakfast area. The hotel did not staff the area to accommodate large groups - there was only one person there to wait on more than 30 people. We did mention it later in the day to the front desk who said they'd speak with the chaperones - we never saw the students again so evidently they checked out.

The next morning we were able to order but sadly the blueberry scone was hard as a rock (evidently been sitting out for a long time) When I mentioned it I was told that was how Starbucks scones are - which I know better as I eat them frequently. Finally they brought another one and heated it which was better but still not fresh.

After being out most of the day we returned to our room about 4 p.m. to get some rest before going out to dinner and a show - when we got to the room they were just cleaning it which seemed a bit late.

Overall a good experience but they do need to address the staffing issues when the hotel is fully booked.

Room Tip: Be sure your room is not near the lobby and if you want to use your room prior to 5 p.m. you should...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
chris_cy_gm, General Manager at Courtyard Las Vegas Summerlin, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Malcomsmom,

Thank you for your comments regarding your visit. I'm glad that your stay was enjoyable. I apologize for the wait time while you were engaged at our Bistro. I am not sure why you only encountered 1 person at that particular time. Normally, we do increase staffing whenever the hotel occupancy increases. I appreciate the feedback and I will share your comments with the department leaders to review and make the necesary adjustments for future dates. Thank you again for sharing.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Very upscale lobby and great service. The room was typical Marriott and very comfortable. Small refigerator in room, no microwave. Was close to the freeway, but I wear ear plugs and it didn't bother me.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear DougTMesa,

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your stay last March. I apolgize for not responding sooner. I am extremely happy that the staff, and the hotel, met and exceeded your expecations. They work very hard to ensure all of our guests needs are met, and it is nice to hear your positive feedback of their efforts. I hope that we will be able to host accommodations for you in the future.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We arrived late at night and Rita at the front desk was very helpful. She warned me that my room preference put me in proximity to the freeway. I'm an earplug kind of person and usually find my hotel neighbors more bothersome than traffic noise, but I appreciated her warning and willingness to make a change if necessary. I was very happy with my room, other than the aforementioned "neighbors," which come with the business-travel territory in Las Vegas and most everywhere else and is not a reflection on the Summerlin Courtyard. Rita was especially helpful and patient with my co-worker, who is extremely picky about his room and has sometimes contradictory requirements that can rarely be met. It takes him an extraordinary amount of time to check in to a hotel room, and Rita didn't bat an eye during the whole process. She deserves a raise for that act alone, and all of us in the customer service industry could learn many valuable lessons from her.
This Courtyard is very modern and clean. The food in their bistro is great and very reasonably priced. In addition, a wide variety of restaurants and, of course, casinos, are located very nearby.
Thanks for a great North Las Vegas experience.

Room Tip: Noise sensitive sleepers should probably avoid the freeway side of the hotel. But it's Vegas, ba...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear boatmisser,

I apologize for not responding to your comments sooner. I sincerely appreciate your kind words for the staff, Rita in particular, and the hotel. I did share your feedback with Rita earlier. It is very gratifying to hear from our guests that the staff truly provides exceptional service. I hope that we may be able to accommodate your future stays in Las Vegas.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed there for 3 nights using my reward points. Having just come from another Courtyard Marriott in the LA area, obviously the differences were more obvious. No fridge or microwave (they did put a fridge in my room upon request), and just coffee and no tea (I could get tee bags at the reception) and no liquid cream. Other than that, great room, comfy bed, limited TV channels.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I was in Las Vegas with my three-year old and wanted to be far away from the the Strip. This location was perfect. The new look of the Marriott Courtyard chain is beautiful and this particular location has fantastic staff. Check-in was easy and they accomodated my request for a courtyard room with a balcony. The pool area was secluded, with nice landscaping, and clean. (Too bad it was 20 degrees in Vegas and we didn't get to us it hardly!) The room was clean, spacious and nice.

My favorite part of the hotel was the Bistro. There was affordable, delicious food available morning and night. They had spacious seating in the lounge with personal televisions and my son delighted in watching cartoons while eating breakfast. Not to mention, the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, not only at the Bistro, but also at check-in.

The location is very convenient off of 95 and there is plenty of shopping and additional restaurants nearby. I would defintely consider staying here again. Thank you Courtyard Summerlin - your staff sets the bar for hospitality!

Room Tip: Choose a courtyard-side room to avoid the noise of the highway.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank WisconsinTravelGirl
chris_cy_gm, General Manager at Courtyard Las Vegas Summerlin, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear WisconsinTravelGirl,

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. It is very gratifying to hear that the property was ideal for your visit to Las Vegas and the hotel staff provided exceptional service during your stay. Although the concept was originally designed for Business travellers, I was very pleased to hear from you that your young son was equally as comfortable. I look forward to providing accomodations on your next visit to our area. Thank you again for your business.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Bed was not very comfortable. Mattress cover felt paper thin. Sink backed up. Front desk forgot to provide wake up call. right on the freeway and noisey. Clean. Friendly employees. Seems liked an older property.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments from your most recent stay with us. I appreciate the feedback as the information is valuable in helping us to improve. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations during your visit. I sincerely apologize for the service shortfall you experienced. I have shared your comments with the appropriate staff members to improve our service level. I appreciate your business and I hope that you will give us another opportunity provide accommodations for you in the future.