“Meh...”

Ranked #75 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Meh...”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I would rate this in between average and poor. I've stayed at a lot of Marriott properties, and this was sub par. The bed was hard. the room was okay, but the rest of the hotel was in need of a good cleaning and a face lift. The staff was nice and helpful though.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Christopher J, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Courtyard by Marriott Las Vegas Convention Center on TripAdvisor. I was dissapointed to read your comments regarding the poor experience you had while our guest. I have printed your comments and will be reviewing them with my leadership team in order to identify opportunities to improve our service and product. While the hotel did receive a full room and lobby renovation in 2012 and 2010 respectively, we will continue to make every effort to improve the cleanliness and condition of the hotel. I was pleased to read you received quality service from our associates as they are truly where we set ourselves apart from other hotels.

Christopher Jones
Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
virginia
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Across the street from the monorail. Very clean hotel. Has a refrigerator and cofee maker.
This hotel is off the strip but will stay here again. The parking is free and gated.
Free wifi is a plus, the tv could do a little improvement for quality.
We enjoyed the little balcony and the restaurant on the premises

Room Tip: stay on the third floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Courtyard by Marriott Las Vegas Convention Center on TripAdvisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back!

Christopher Jones
Assistant General Manager
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stayed two nights at this courtyard. Its notable in that its like any other courtyard, low rise, compact and standard, this all in las vegas where you could be in a different area code between the parking lot of the hotel/resort and your room.
Price was fair, standard comfort for a courtyard, clean and comfortable, not much else.

I had a nice pool facing room minimizing noise from the roads nearby and enjoyed sitting on the balcony. Complaints- noticable noise from adjoining rooms and hallway. Some key card issues but overall a decent stay at a fair price. Location, best have a car, take the nearby monorail or walk to convention center, strip is over a mile away for the las vegas experience.

Room Tip: get a pool facing room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
draolv, General Manager at Courtyard Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Las Vegas Convention Center. We like to consider ourselves a good alternative to the mega hotels with convenient parking and consistent Marriott service. We look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully soon.

Sincerely

Modesto, California
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here over the weekend. I went with my family. Since my daughter was with me I really didn't want to stay on the strip. The hotel staff was very friendly. The room was very clean and I liked the little patio that was on our room. We sat outside and didn't have to sit inside the but also had a little privacy. There is nothing within walking distance to eat, but there is the cafe's there. The walk to the strip is not the best. But the monorail is just across the street and it is the best way to get to the strip. I would definitely stay here again for the price and quality then on the strip. Just like all other Marriott's I have stayed at, I expect the best and am never let down.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
draolv, General Manager at Courtyard Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you taking the time to comment on your stay at the Courtyard Las Vegas Convention Center. I am happy to hear that we were able to meet your expectations and maintain consistency you have come to expect from Marriott. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I wish I could find one good thing to say. Had reservation for king bed and was given 2 doubles. Beds are hard. The room smelled musty. Small refrigerator did not work and food spoiled. Room next to highway is loud due to traffic. Staff indifferent and not helpful. This is NOT convenient to the strip and expect to pay $15 each way cab fare to anywhere on the strip. "Restaurant" is not open for lunch and no place close to get a decent meal. For the time I was staying strip hotels were a better deal. Think twice just because it 's close to the convention center for business.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I was very disappointed to read your comments about your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Las Vegas Convention Center. Please accept my apology for our inability to meet your needs and expectations. I will be sharing your comments with my leadership team so we can identify where our systems broke down during your visit. I can assure you that the service my staff and I provide is far superior to what you may have experienced and described. We welcome the opportunity to host you again so that we can properly demonstrate the Courtyard Las Vegas Convention Center and Marriott service we are known for.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stayed a few nights at this property in September 2013.

Standard Courtyard. Has the updated lobby with bar/ bistro. The rooms are standard.

You can walk to the convention center and the Las Vegas tram. The Wynn/Encore Casino/hotel on the strip is pretty close and if it is not too hot you could walk there.

The parking lot seemed rather small, but I never had trouble finding a spot. The entrances and exits to the parking are gated.

I paid about $100.00 per night. With so many casino hotels around you can surely find a better rate at a fancier place. However if you need easy access to you car and need to move around Vegas by car a lot, this is a good choice as you can park near your room and exit the hotel by car and not be stuck in traffic on the strip.

AC is motion sensor activated which can result in a hot room as Vegas cooks!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SMDTraveler
draolv, General Manager at Courtyard Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and overall feelings regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Las Vegas Convention Center. Without honest feedback from guests such as yourself we have no way of improving.

Like most hotels in Las Vegas the hotel has installed sensors on our AC units, however feel free to contact any member of the hotel and we can ensure the system is properly set to meet your comfort levels. We strive to ensure each of our guests is comfortable and productive in our newly remodeled rooms and lobby.

We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in future.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Came into town over Labor Day weekend for a couple nights with a buddy. Hotel fit our needs perfectly. The new trumped up “resort fee” at most Strip hotels take a sometimes appealing rate and make it far less competitive. This hotel was close to everything, off the main drag so traffic was always quick and easy. Located directly across from the Convention Center. Also, directly across the street from the Convention Center Monorail stop – a nice option to get back to the hotel from the strip instead of using a taxi. I took the monorail one night at 11pm from MGM for $5 one way.

Stay was overall flawless – no issues. Check in was quick and painless as it should be. Any staff member I encountered was nice and professional. We returned one night at 2am and there was staff in the lobby that said “good morning” to us as we walked in. I appreciated staff being visible monitoring who was walking in at 2am. Parking was also gated so random people would not be able to drive thru the lots.

Hotel was nice. Older style hotel but has been updated nicely. Rooms did have popcorn ceilings but didn’t bother me. At the same time, it had the same features of a new build Courtyard I stayed at in Glenwood Springs, CO – like the Bistro, dining pods, TV with news/events/weather/etc. I didn’t dine at the Bistro this time but did grab a banana to go one morning. Grounds were well kept and easy on the eyes. I did have a chance to sit in the hot tub and enjoy the courtyard view.

Couple Vegas secrets we learned about on this trip – Stage Door Casino is a neat place to have a drink at before and/or after hitting the Strip. I had one beer at NYNY’s Nine Fine Irishmen for $8 (plus a $2 tip) and I had one Michelob Light at the Stage Door for $1 (plus $1 tip). Located right behind Flamingo. Ellis Island has a $5.99 Steak and Eggs breakfast and it was pretty darn good.

We enjoyed our stay at the Courtyard. If, sorry, when I return to Vegas, I would absolutely consider this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank grach821
draolv, General Manager at Courtyard Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Convention Center during your recent visit to Las Vegas. My associates and I are proud of the service we provide on a daily basis and thank you for recognizing our efforts. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.

Sincerely