“Quiet hotel slightly off the strip.”

Courtyard Las Vegas Convention Center
Ranked #43 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Came into town over Labor Day weekend for a couple nights with a buddy. Hotel fit our needs perfectly. The new trumped up “resort fee” at most Strip hotels take a sometimes appealing rate and make it far less competitive. This hotel was close to everything, off the main drag so traffic was always quick and easy. Located directly across from the Convention Center. Also, directly across the street from the Convention Center Monorail stop – a nice option to get back to the hotel from the strip instead of using a taxi. I took the monorail one night at 11pm from MGM for $5 one way.

Stay was overall flawless – no issues. Check in was quick and painless as it should be. Any staff member I encountered was nice and professional. We returned one night at 2am and there was staff in the lobby that said “good morning” to us as we walked in. I appreciated staff being visible monitoring who was walking in at 2am. Parking was also gated so random people would not be able to drive thru the lots.

Hotel was nice. Older style hotel but has been updated nicely. Rooms did have popcorn ceilings but didn’t bother me. At the same time, it had the same features of a new build Courtyard I stayed at in Glenwood Springs, CO – like the Bistro, dining pods, TV with news/events/weather/etc. I didn’t dine at the Bistro this time but did grab a banana to go one morning. Grounds were well kept and easy on the eyes. I did have a chance to sit in the hot tub and enjoy the courtyard view.

Couple Vegas secrets we learned about on this trip – Stage Door Casino is a neat place to have a drink at before and/or after hitting the Strip. I had one beer at NYNY’s Nine Fine Irishmen for $8 (plus a $2 tip) and I had one Michelob Light at the Stage Door for $1 (plus $1 tip). Located right behind Flamingo. Ellis Island has a $5.99 Steak and Eggs breakfast and it was pretty darn good.

We enjoyed our stay at the Courtyard. If, sorry, when I return to Vegas, I would absolutely consider this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank grach821
draolv, General Manager at Courtyard Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Convention Center during your recent visit to Las Vegas. My associates and I are proud of the service we provide on a daily basis and thank you for recognizing our efforts. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.

Sincerely

Dinesh Rao

Reviewed July 18, 2013

This hotel is right across the street from the Las Vegas Convention Center. Takes 5 minutes to get across the street. then you are right inside the South Hall of the convention center. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The restaurant food was good and enjoyed their happy hour. I will stay there on my next trip.

I had a one bedroom suite which was spacious but the bed very hard and the pillows not so comfortable. Spoiled with my pillow top bed at home for sure. Not a big deal to me. Only a $12.0 cab ride form the airport to the front door.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Charles1019
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Dumb thermostats are motion activated so your room is about 85 degrees for the first hour. After a long day of trudging around the convention center all day not very welcoming. Sprinklers wasting water all over the sidewalk after dark no way to get in the side entrance without getting wet.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 10, 2013

great location near convention center but a cab ride or monorail to everything else. Staff was excellent and room was clean. Like most courtyards the property is dated. Only 3 floors so no chance at a nice view. I am a Hilton Honors member also and miss the free Hampton coffee all day. Starbucks in lobby serves a over priced low quality frozen breakfast. Quality of specialty coffee depand son who is working

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 22, 2013

From start to finish I can only say wow! The friendliest hotel staff who went out of their way to be helpful and provide personal service. From the time they called a taxi for me and I waited about 10 minutes...they called again and offered me a bottle of water; when I misplaced my Marriott Visa card (it was in my bag) they immediately helped me look for it; walking down the hall in the morning the housekeeping staff paused to smile and say good morning... everyone was incredible. The lobby is new and fresh, perhaps the rooms could use a refresh...but the service more than makes up for any deficiencies. I would stay again at this most convenient location off the strip and away from the heavy traffic congestion. Easy access to nearby strip and restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ChicagoHarlan
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Went to Vegas for the AARP Convention, so the location was perfect. The Courtyard is just across the street from the LV Convention Center and the monorail. Personnel were very pleasant and helpful upon checkin. However, one of the keys to the room and to the parking lot (yippee, free parking!) didn't work 100% of the time. When I went to see if a new key could be made, it seemed that the front desk was reluctant to provide another one. One was made, however, but I was walked to the parking area to see if the old one worked -- of course, it did! Then I was walked to to the entry to the building, and, yes, it also worked, too. It made me feel as if I were a child who couldn't follow directions! It became a game for me - 50/50 chance, right?
The Bistro was great to have in the Courtyard, although service was very slow in the evening. We were lucky to have this service, as I have heard that many hotels are now closing their "restaurants". The location is away from the strip, but I preferred it, after having gone to the Bellagio and Caesars. It's a madhouse down there. The great thing is that at the Courtyard, you don't have to walk through a casino to get to your room and inhale all the smoke along the way. Oh, it would have been nice to have 2 chairs to sit on in the room, especially since both of us had computers. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Carry a folding step stool to get on the bed. :)
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Anne N
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This hotel is opposite the Convention Center on Paradise Road. It is smoke-free and has no casino! The staff are very friendly and helpful and made our stay there a delight. It only served breakfast and dinner - from a small counter - but if we were there during the day, there was always something available from the small shop, including Starbucks coffee.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor overlooking the pool. Very pleasant.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business