“In Vegas for a family wedding.”

Courtyard Las Vegas Convention Center
Ranked #43 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed April 29, 2012

My family and I stayed here last weekend. It was a last minute reservation since I got jerked around by another Vegas hotel. Anyway we arrived rather late (1:00am) and I was greeted by a friendly staff member and checked in without incident. Let me preface by saying this is not a gambler's hotel. No casino and no slot machines. This is a business/family hotel that sits directly across the street from the LV Convention Center. It is in a great location. From the hotel it is a short drive to the strip and I loved the fact that you can use Paradise Road to get from one end of Vegas to the other without dealing with the congested traffic you experience when driving down the strip. The hotel was clean and the beds very comfortable. Let me stop down to say that this new trend of short pillows on the beds in most hotels these days SUCKS! I perfer the full size pillows. I also agree with "Linksnut" that the towels seemed old, thin, and gritty. Oh, and the elevator was a bit rickety. Anyway, my family and I did not use the swimming pool nor the work out room. I did use the no hassle complementry computers in the lobby to access Mapquest. My family and I stayed their two days in two adjoining rooms. Pleasant stay, great price, and I would stay their again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed March 24, 2012

I chose to stay here because theyre directly across the street from the convention center. Traveling with an elderly, i wanted close access in the event she got tired. I made a reservation two weeks ago and specifically requested 2 beds. Called the the day before arrival to let them know that i would be checking in after 10 pM. Sharon said "don't worry, I'll be here when you check in. It will not be a problem." I asked if I have a room with 2 beds. She said no. That request was never made and proceeded to give me an attitude. I was not happy about this but I had no choice as most places are sold out due to the convention.

I arrive before 10 pm to check in. No Sharon and no reservation. They cancelled my room without a valid reason... My guess is Sharon cancelled it because I was upset.

After 30 minutes getting upset at the front desk clerk, he miraculously found a room...

If all this wasn't bad enough, the room is tiny, dirty and old. I called to request housekeeping to at least make the sofa bed and I was told "the sheets are in the drawer... No housekeeping available."

The AC had high pitch that would not stop. They said no one is available to fix until the following day. No safe, towels are thin and old.

ONE OF THE WORST PLACES I'VE EVER STAYED AT, IF NOT THE WORST.

Room Tip: If you have no choice and must absolutely stay here... Request to see the room first to make sure th...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank linksnut
draolv, General Manager at Courtyard Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2012

My name is Dinesh Rao, I am the General Manager of the Courtyard by Marriott Las Vegas Convention Center. I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at my hotel on TripAdvisor. Without honest feedback from our guests we have no way of getting better! In reading your comments it is clear my team and I failed to deliver on the service you expect when staying at a Marriott hotel.

Specifically, I want to let you know that I have spoken with each associate involved in order to gain a better understanding of why your reservation was cancelled and how we could have better handled the situation in order to avoid the significant inconvenience and frustration you encountered. I am confident we have identified the cause of the situation and more importantly, I am confident all associates involved understand what needs to be done differently going forward so that this issue does not repeat itself.

I have also spoken with my housekeeping team in regards to the issues you encountered with your room. Please know that while we are not typically staffed to provide evening service, I have made it clear to my team that individual requests for service should be accommodated whenever possible.

I would also like the opportunity to speak with you directly if at all possible in order to inquire if there are any additional comments or suggestions you may have after your recent stay at the Courtyard. Please contact me at the hotel 702.791.3600 by asking for Dinesh Rao.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us, I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed February 9, 2012

To begin, I stayed at this hotel with some friends for two nights. We did not spend much time at the hotel except for sleeping so I cannot comment on things such as the food or pool. However, from our balcony the pool looked decent enough. The entrance to the hotel was very clean and kept up well. I can only assume that the lobby was newly renovated since the hallways and rooms did not have the same new and fresh look to them. The person at the front desk was polite and very accommodating (from handling our check in to requests for an extra roll out bed). This might be a good place for those people who don't like staying on the hectic strip. The monorail is conveniently located across the street so you don't have to take cabs back and forth to the strip. However, keep in mind that the monorail does not run 24-hours. The Hilton is located within walking distance from the Courtyard for those who want to do some gambling closer to the hotel (tables, slots, or sports betting). The Hilton also has a very good brunch buffet.

Our room at the Courtyard was pretty standard for this type/level of hotel. The rooms and hallways could definitely use some remodeling, but from what we saw nothing was in terrible condition. The bed was comfortable and the couch had a pull out. Plenty of space in the bathroom and on the balcony too. There are some reviews on here that complain that the Courtyard is not up to Marriott's standards. I think they forget that they are not staying at a JW Marriott Resort or a Renaissance Hotel. This is a Courtyard. The rates you pay reflect the type of amenities you get. I'm not saying that you shouldn't get/expect some respectable level of comfort, service, and aesthetics, but be realistic. In any case, you are in Vegas so you shouldn't be spending that much time in your room in the first place.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank FoxHound226
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Stayed for one night. The staff was nice but seemed a littled undertrained when I checked in late at night. The room was clean but the furniture was chiped in several places and the carpet was old looking. The lobby looks great but only seems to high light the need for room updates. I would stay there again because of the convenient location and the great lobby where I was able to hang out in the morning with my children while my wife slept in.

Room Tip: The further west, the better. Away from the main road.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank brentn
Reviewed November 11, 2011

This property should not be called a Marriott as it doesn't make the cut. Off the strip and close to the monorail are the two positives.

Smallest, darkest king room I've ever been in. Breakfast advertised until 11am - not on 11/11/11 when we were told to walk around the block to the Marriott. The elevator is just downright scary - broken wood work and I've seen elevators in 200 year old buildings that look better.

Do not stay at this property.

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank msgtp
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I stayed at the Courtyard Mariott on Sept. 17 for one night and then stayed two nights downtown at the Golden Nugget.

I have no complaints about the Courtyard. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. I attended a wedding that weekend so I didn't have time to check out the property.

The monorail and bus stop are across the street but didn't use.

Overall, clean, quiet and aways from the strip. It actually felt weird being in a Vegas hotel with no casino attached to it.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank gmon
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I booked a room for a summer weekend - hotel was priced significantly cheaper than on the strip hotels. Pleasantly surprised at the hotel, that being said, had i paid $100+ i wouldve been disappointed. Weekend rate of $50-70 is of good value. Only complaint was trouble in getting a taxi.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple