“Friendly and Knowledgeable”

Travelodge Las Vegas Airport North/Near the Strip
Ranked #119 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

My GF and I stayed for 3 nights and have a very pleasant stay. After figuring out the energy saving way to operate the lights and a/c the room was very nice. Checked in around 8pm and was promptly shuttled from a/p with a courtesy ride which the hotel provided and then was warmly greeted by the f/d clerk Robert. He seemed to be very attentive as he immediately addressed us by name and clearly explained all we needed to know about the amenities such as the breakfast, pool and and internet. We were very hungry and the recommendation Robert had for us was just what we needed. All in all, the entire staff was very nice and our stay was one we will remember unlike some we'd like to forget. Price was good and location too. We will be back next summer.

• Stayed: July 2012
ambassadortravelodge, Manager at Travelodge Las Vegas Airport North/Near the Strip, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

We were thrilled to learn of your pleasant experience at our property and look forward to seeing you in the future. I will be more than happy to expedite your arrangements for any future stays, please feel free to notify me.

Heather Decembre

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Friendly service, great location if driving because easy to park.1 minute drive to the strip. Comfortable beds. Only criticism is the hot water in the shower was intermittent.
Would recommend for short stays.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Curtleetaylor
Reviewed July 3, 2012

we stay here every time we go to Vegas; no frills, but definitely adequate! we'll be back in April next year!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I booked this room through hotels.com and called to make the reservation because there was not an option for a dog-friendly room. Upon arrival I was told I had to pay extra fees. I tried to tell the front desk clerk, David, that I had already paid in full for the room and had requested a dog friendly room over the phone. He consistently interrupted me and would not stop to listen. According to him it was my fault for using a "third party dealer". I ended up paying the fee and calling hotels.com and they refunded the money after trying to call Travelodge directly and straighten it out. The customer service agent even told me how rude he was to her! The air conditioning also barely worked as well as one of the chairs in the room was broken. I was completely disgusted that any hotel would let this man deal with their customers.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DJDenise
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

We are pleased that you forwarded your comments so that we can work on improving the guest experience. Should you plan to revisit Las Vegas please contact me as I would be happy to assist with your reservations.

Heather Decembre

Reviewed June 27, 2012

The shuttle service was disappointing. They make airport runs only once an hour, on the hour. We had a 6:55am flight from McCarran. If the shuttle had actually left at 6am, we would have made it. But the driver dawdled in coming out to the shuttle van, which made us miss the check-in deadline by 5 minutes -- meaning, we missed our flight and had to reschedule. So I guess we should have taken the 5am shuttle and sat at the airport for two hours, missing one hour of much-needed sleep.

The A/C did not seem very efficient. The staff person told us that the thermostat should not be set below 70 degrees. We ended up sleeping under nothing but sheets.

The room was clean, but the patio tiles and the walkways badly needed scrubbing.

The continental breakfast runs from 6am to 10am. Since we had to leave by 6am, we didn't get to partake of the continental breakfast. But from what we could tell, it is rather skimpy.

The "plus" is that this hotel is two blocks from MGM Grand, at the south end of the Strip - walking distance. The one restaurant we found within walking distance was a Coco's.

Room Tip: Choose downstairs room if you don't like to climb stairs
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank GRpep
Reviewed June 25, 2012

IMHO, Travelodge is the best motels chain. Very cheap, clean, comfortable, provide all amenities you need at the trip. Good free breakfast, free parking. Close to everything.

Room Tip: Choose a ground floor. Stairs uncomfortable to carry heavy luggage.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Trying to find a reasonably priced motel/hotel, for one night, in Las Vegas on Memorial Day week-end can be difficult. We needed a downstairs room with parking in front of the room and did not want to stay in a highrise hotel or Casino. We checked into this Travelodge without reservations, to be greeted by a very nice gentleman, in the office, who said he would take care of us...and he did. A downstairs room, parking right in front, a clean room, and a comfortable king sized bed. The Travelodge is easy access to the strip. The room arrangement was a little awkward; no table with chairs, but there is an easy chair. Bath water was wonderfully hot, and no problems with the A/C. Free wireless internet. Good lighting in the room, including both sides of the bed; important for a bedtime reader. The only downside was the lack of wall outlets; only one outlet available in the room besides the bathroom outlet. I unplugged the desk lamp so that I could plug in my laptop. Frig and microwave in room; love that! Pod coffeemaker. Pool, laundry facilities, no spa. Shuttle to the airport. Travelodge is part of the Wyndham chain so I could use my Rewards card. The MGM Grand was hosting a concert, the night we stayed, and traffic was crazy, but then it usually is in Las Vegas!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple