I've been using this hotel for business in Las Vegas since January 2001 at a trade show. We needed a good location with meeting space. I've been coming here ever since. It's always a good value, and a great alternative to crowded casino hotels. I like the fact that I can pull up at the parking lot in front of the door and walk through a normal lobby and get to my room in about 1/20th the time it would take at the MGM or Luxor. And those places are right down the street if I feel like going.
Easier if I number the reasons this hotel works well for me:
1. Location-- right behind the airport, and just a few blocks from the car rental center, so super easy to get in and out of town from. Nearly every good hotel is a drive or taxi ride from the Convention Center anyway, this one is hardly much more time. And much easier to get to 215/15, and the non-strip part of LV Boulevard. Very close to the Mandalay Bay Convention Center. Don't get put off by the "airport hotel" designation-- while the place is at the back of it, it is really removed from the runway and airport side, behind a bunch of businesses and I-215, I have never heard jet noise in over 10 years of staying there. Other airport hotels here do have that problem, but not this one. It's really right between the Green Valley business and residential areas.
2. Neighborhood-- Green Valley has good restaurants, fast food, supermarkets, etc. right nearby. If you jog it's much nicer to run through neighborhoods and business parks than the strip or the scary roads behind it any day (or night), and there is a riverbed trail right down the street along the highway.
3. Facility-- the place has good meeting rooms, plus a courtesy meeting room anyone can use for a small (4-6 people) group. Great hotel for business in Las Vegas. The health center is good, and restaurant is decent. It used to be an Au Bon Pain but has now changed over to a standard hotel eatery. The lobby has a friendly bar, and is open and furnished well enough for informal meetings anytime.
4. Value-- on my last trip, instead of staying at the trade show's official hotel I booked five of us here. We saved over $1,300 total on room/nights and everyone had better rooms.
5. Staff-- generally friendly, especially the long-termers. They've always helped out when asked.
Even when staying over between business I'd rather stay here, it's quieter and more comfortable than the casino hotels (where they really don't want you in the room) and you can just drive or shuttle over (the Doubletree has a free one that regularly hits the MGM Grand and monorail stops) and visit them if you want.
If you're in town on business and want it to be pleasurable, highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree by Hilton Las Vegas Airport is a non-gaming Hotel with a casual, friendly atmosphere catering to both business and leisure travelers; and to small corporate meetings and social groups. We are centrally located just south of McCarran Airport at I-215 (Airport Connector) and Warm Springs Road (Exit 9). The Hotel offers a complimentary 24-Hour McCarran Airport courtesy shuttle; a complimentary scheduled courtesy shuttle to and from MGM Grand on the Strip from 8:00am to 10:00pm; complimentary wireless HSIA in all guestrooms and main floor public areas; no access fees on local, calling card and toll free phone calls less than 60 minutes; plus a complimentary 24-Hour DoubleTree Fitness by Precor® fitness center and heated outdoor pool. We have also earned the EPA ENERGY STAR in recognition of our energy efficiency efforts. All 190 spacious, well-appointed standard and upgraded guestrooms feature one incredibly comfortable king or two full-size Sweet Dreams® by DoubleTree beds; 37-Inch LCD HDTV with HD cable, pay-per-view movies and video games; complimentary standard laptop size in-room safe; in-room climate control; two dual-line speakerphones with voice mail; work desk with desk top power outlet and executive desk chair; MP3-compatible stereo clock radio; Wolfgang Puck® in-room gourmet coffee service; CITRON Honey & Coriander bath products by Crabtree & Evelyn; hair dryer, iron and full-size ironing board. In-room dining is also available every day from 6:00am to 10:00pm. This DoubleTree by Hilton also offers the PURE room option whereby each room is treated comprehensively to create an allergy-friendly environment. The PURE concept utilizes special purification techniques to remove 98% of bacteria, viruses, allergens and irritants from all surfaces, fabrics and the air flow. Travelers who occasionally suffer from allergies and asthma can now enjoy the cleanest, freshest air in their rooms and enjoy a more restful sleep during their stay. The Club Room features a Bakery Café with our signature DoubleTree Breakfast buffet served every morning; a Lounge where dinner entrées are available every evening; a 24-Hour self-serve business center with remote guestroom printing capabilities; ATM machine; plus complimentary wireless and wired HSIA. Take care of business in a complimentary mini meeting room or personal work space, or just relax with friends or business associates in one of the many comfortable conversation areas. With 2,970 square feet of function space, the DoubleTree by Hilton is an ideal choice for gatherings of eight to 80 people. Whether it’s a conference, meeting or special event, our attentive, friendly banquet staff will assist you with every facet of your catering and event needs. Unique menu options and on-site full-service catering, plus on-site audio/visual rentals and wired high-speed internet access can help assure a memorable event. As always… a freshly baked DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie at check-in. Plus, earn Hilton HHonors Points & Miles with each qualifying stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Las Vegas Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Las Vegas Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Las Vegas Airport Hotel Las Vegas
- Doubletree Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Doubletree