The hotel is very dated, and we could see why it was cheap (however on some further investigation not much cheaper than the better hotels on the strip). It is a way out so we were buying $8.00 24 hour bus tickets to get around. At night as it was away from the strip, there were not many tourists travelling on the bus and we saw a lot of homeless and the more 'seedier' side of Vegas then we really wanted or needed to.
The Hotel itself has a funny 'smell' about it, old cigarettes, dropped beer/alcohol on the carpets which in some places are sticky and just has a general unclean feeling. Our room was fine and we hoped that once the door closed and we used it as a base that would be fine... After 3 days we checked out early and booked into another hotel in the middle of the strip for only a few dollars more a night. We felt safer, more comfortable and would now be able to say our trip to Vegas was perfect.
Circus Circus didn't do it for us, the checking in was really slow (took us nearly an hour) staff seemed to begrudge being there, in our room one of the beds had holes in the sheets and we had a coffee maker in the BATHROOM with NO coffee/tea etc.The maids just entered the rooms early, without knocking first (mostly when we were getting ready) and if we didn't let them in there and then then we missed out on clean towels etc. When we asked how we checked out early the two front of house staff carried on a conversation and the security guard assisted us.
For me my trip to Vegas was for a special occasion and I am glad we moved 3 days into the holiday otherwise we would always be saying , fantastic holiday apart from the hotel ......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This iconic hotel on the Las Vegas Strip is close to shopping, the Las Vegas Convention Center and downtown Las Vegas. The newly renovated tower rooms feature pillow-top mattresses, wireless internet, cable TV, hairdryers and in-room safes. Circus Circus features free world-class circus acts nightly, a carnival midway with over 200 games for all ages, and The Adventuredome indoor theme park with 25 rides and attractions including a double-loop rollercoaster. Guests also enjoy slots, table games, a Race and Sports Book and flair bartending at Vince Neil's Restaurant and Bar. Circus Circus has 8 dining outlets serving breakfast, lunch and dinner ranging from quick eats to casual and award-winning dining. Among the choices, the hotel has a buffet, a made-to-order pizzeria and highly acclaimed restaurant- The Steakhouse, voted Top Steakhouse in Las Vegas by Zagat. The Steakhouse is open for dinner nightly serving mesquite grilled steak, prime rib and seafood. Reservations are strongly recommended. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Vegas.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Circus Circus Hotel & Casino Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Circus Circus Hotel And Casino Las Vegas
- Circus Hotel Las Vegas
- Circus Las Vegas
- Circus Casino
- Las Vegas Hotel Circus
- Circus Circus Las Vegas Nevada
- Circus Circus Review
- Circus Circus Hotel Las Vegas