First let me say I travel a lot and am not someone who likes to do such a negative critic but the experience was so bad I had to vent. I booked the Circus Circus after seeing reviews that its a rather kid friendly hotel ( as much as possible in Vegas) as we have 2 children. I also knew the name.
I was a bit worried about the 90 dollar per night price for Thanksgiving but was told that the real price is 180 and its a thanksgiving special price.After seeing the photos on the website,it looked rather good. Again I was not expecting anything fancy at all. Just clean.
We got to the CC at 2 PM on Thanksgiving day after parking rather far away in the self parking area. we had no problem with the walk but then first huge problem. 1.5 hours check in line!! We were already tired but to wait over 1.5 hours just to check in was rough. Finally when we got to the counter. I asked the front desk person if we get a nice room. She said' Oh.. you are in the manor rooms" I got scared and asked if that's bad.. She responded "Its just OK I guess" . I asked if I could upgrade or... Nope that's all that is available. Then I turned around to get my luggage and realized my camera case was gone! Did it fall on the ground behind me or did someone take it?? In any case when I asked people behind me in the line if anyone saw anything, nobody saw anything. I went to see the bell desk who took me to lost and found I must say they were very polite. I was told that they will call if something comes up.... We then crossed the street to go the manor rooms. As soon as I opened the main door I knew this was bad... really bad. The only worse place I have ever been in was a cheap motel in Washington DC. The room had a strong stale old carpet smell. The bathroom had a old plastic tub and walls were just dirty with old stains. No way were we going to take a shower here!. The beds were horrible, the only 2 pillows per bed were very used.I have been in much better and cleaner 39 dollar motels.
The worst was yet to come. The rooms have no sound proofing at all. Every time someone in another room took a shower or flushed the toilet ( and that happened a lot!) we were awakened. Next day we went back to lost and found and very politely said 'sorry'.
I know that CC is not responsible for my camera loss or theft but even without that we will never go again. If on a budget, we will go to the motel across the street if not pay 70 dollars more and get a nice hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This iconic hotel on the Las Vegas Strip is close to shopping, the Las Vegas Convention Center and downtown Las Vegas. The newly renovated tower rooms feature pillow-top mattresses, wireless internet, cable TV, hairdryers and in-room safes. Circus Circus features free world-class circus acts nightly, a carnival midway with over 200 games for all ages, and The Adventuredome indoor theme park with 25 rides and attractions including a double-loop rollercoaster. Guests also enjoy slots, table games, a Race and Sports Book and flair bartending at Vince Neil's Restaurant and Bar. Circus Circus has 8 dining outlets serving breakfast, lunch and dinner ranging from quick eats to casual and award-winning dining. Among the choices, the hotel has a buffet, a made-to-order pizzeria and highly acclaimed restaurant- The Steakhouse, voted Top Steakhouse in Las Vegas by Zagat. The Steakhouse is open for dinner nightly serving mesquite grilled steak, prime rib and seafood. Reservations are strongly recommended. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com and Orbitz so you can book your Circus Circus Hotel & Casino Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Circus Circus Hotel And Casino Las Vegas
- Circus Hotel Las Vegas
- Circus Las Vegas
- Circus Casino
- Las Vegas Hotel Circus
- Circus Circus Las Vegas Nevada
- Circus Circus Review
- Circus Circus Hotel Las Vegas