“Nothing To Special!”

Circus Circus Hotel & Casino Las Vegas
Ranked #122 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I work at a hotel in my state and so I guess I'm a little more picky. My first impression was awesome I'm in Vegas but then I noticed it is a dark and dingy hotel, it needs to be brighter. I felt dirty being in there. All the cocktail waitresses were old..I mean old compared to the cute ones at the other hotels, which I found comical. Pool is nothing special compared to the fancy hotels, but it works. My smoking room in the casino tower was very spacious and really didn't smell to bad for a smoking room. But my neighbors seem to like to smoke the Mary Jane so that was annoying. Again you get what you pay for. Its a cheap hotel and that's the feeling you get. For kids I could imagine it would be more fun because of those attractions. I did enjoy the adventure dome myself that's a must do even if you don't stay at the hotel. My front desk person at check in was awesome. All staff was friendly. Number one dislike was it needs a remodel and more modern feel and more light! I did not like what late check out and a fridge costs more when those things are free at my hotel.

Room Tip: Casino Tower is a great location! Central to it all, all rooms above 6th floor are non smoking....so...
1  Thank AllisonP755
There are newer reviews for Circus Circus Hotel & Casino Las Vegas

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Circus Circus has the best value on the strip as far as the price. However there are a LOT of kids there. Best place to stay if you are traveling with kids. The buffet is okay if you like breakfast food or mexican food. I'm a southern girl so I wasn't too thrilled as the american food was lacking. The rooms are great for the price. I wish all rooms would come standard with a microwave and fridge since you are required to pay a $10/day resort fee. There is nothing resort about Circus Circus. I've stayed there the last 3 years. However it is at the end of the strip. I don't have a problem walking from one end of the strip to the other. We stayed in the West Tower this year. Rooms are nice. View was terrible but I wasn't in Vegas to look at the view from my hotel room. It is time for the carpet to be replaced as it is worn out. Overall, I will return again next year.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had a beautiful and big room with all necessary amenities, like iron and ironing board, safe box, mini bar, TV... Wireless is FREE and really good which is not really often in Vegas. Swimming pool is great. And not to mention that the prices were really low, I was surprised. All in all fantastic! Thank you

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed in the West Tower floor 7 during our stay in early April. The check-in line was incredibly long, but the hotel was booked full that night, and all the staff were great. We were relieved that they had a bag check separate from the line for us use since we arrived well before check-in. The beds were comfortable, and we had no problem with housekeeping. The TV only had about 10 channels (we booked the same type of room as another couple we traveled with, who inexplicably got a handicap room and full cable?). Two of the four elevators that went to our floor were out during a couple of days of our stay, we waited so long for the other two so often that we ended up take the stairs half of the time. The buffet was average, but Rock and Rita's had terrible (terrible) service. We never had a problem finding chairs to lay poolside, the bar was nice, and we took advantage of the giant football cups that had $6.99 refills. We only swam in the pool once since it tasted salty, and none of us wanted to think too hard about why that might be. I thought the layout was incredibly confusing, and not well marked. We also had an issue with our friend's room getting a bill for part of the resort fee that they had apparently been undercharged for, but the bill wasn't marked or itemized and we had to wade through the enormous lines to talk to someone about why it was slipped under their door. Definitely a ton of kids (as we expected). We had a mixed group with some non-gamblers, and we actually loved the midway. It was a fun easy distraction for the times we didn't want go somewhere but didn't feel like the pool. The circus acts we saw were fantastic as well! If you for some reason really want to take your young children to Vegas, or if you are on a super tight budget, this is the way to go. If not, spring the extra couple bucks to stay closer to the strip or downtown.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Bit of a disappointment compared to other rooms and hotels on the main strip. I requested a high rise room with a view which they kindly gave us but little did I know floors 28 and 29 have problems with hot water so probably best not to request the highest floor. Check in as always is very slow and long lines but this is the norm. In general all the staff were very pleasant and customer focused. Housekeeping was hit and miss. One day our room was not cleaned at all and we asked at 4pm then 7pm. Sheets are only changed upon request. The beds were very comfy though. One of the elevators was out of action over the weekend which meant waiting for an elevator took quite a long time. There are plenty of choices of restaurants and food. The circus buffet is well run and good value for money. If you’re on a budget and want the main strip hotels then Circus Circus will be fine but for a few $ more personally in future I would book a more modern updated hotel.

Room Tip: Not floor 28 or 29
1  Thank lmelbourn
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Came here with the wife and kids... we had a blast. Kids loved adventure dome and midway, Lots of security officers everywhere especially in adventuredome. Mcdonalds staff in Midway level is rude and cant keep the place clean or stocked, you can go to the mcdonalds next door and get better service and a cleaner facility. If you are traveling with kids and family this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank AHCommerce
Reviewed April 7, 2013

First stay at the Circus Circus motel and not much good to say about the rooms. At first put us in what they call the manor which is away from the main building and it was disgusting. They are all non smoking rooms but all the blankets had cigarette burns in them and the floors had more stained carpet then clean carpet. Staff was friendly expecially when we went down and asked to be moved to the main building. We did get moved and room was cleaner but the entire motel is in serious need of renevation. Everything was expensive but that is to be expected it is Vegas. Food was just OK. The Manor is nasty. They should be ashamed to even rent those rooms. Elevators were hard to get on depending on the time of day but again, expected. We did not stay at the motel much. Pool is nasty also, that part of the motel is not meant for family. If you stay good luck

Room Tip: Motel is just very out dated and probably hasnt been renevated in over ten years