“Shot Show Convention”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Burnsville, Minnesota, USA
“Shot Show Convention”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Our stay at Circus Circus was very pleasant. The room was very up to date and very clean. The bed was very comfortable, the TV reception was good and the variety of slots was great. They have wide variety of food services from pretzels to steak. Will certainly stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,939)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Prescott Valley, Arizona, USA
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I usually stay here when attending the ASD and the Shot shows. You can't beat Circus Circus for the price. I always stay in the Casino Tower. The rooms are clean, the staff friendly, and the non-smoking rooms do not smell like smoke. They have a shuttle service to the ASD & the Shot shows so once I park the car, I don't have to do any more driving. The Westside Deli is open 24/7 so you can always get some good food. Will be back.

Fallston, North Carolina, USA
Reviewed January 21, 2013

View from the room was awesome. McDonald's and Krisp Kreme was handy. Room was great. Cigarette smoke was not pleasant since I have asthma so walking thru the areas around the casino was hard for me to breathe. But that was everywhere out there. Would stay again there. Great value.

2 Thank Judy S
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Busy Family hotel/casino. We had good check in, no waiting or thou we did see a lot of people waiting most of the time for checking in during our stay. We did get a great rate for the rooms. However no fridge in the rooms. Also our rooms did not get serviced until late at night most days. We stayed 9 nights and not once did they change the bed linen, even we requested it. The lifts were playing up as well.The food is abit expensive in the restaurants but there are plenty of options in Vegas. Good location and ideal if you have children travelling with you.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KiwiJo190
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Airport shuttle service wait was pretty much an hour with showtime shuttle. One we got to the hotel it took an hour to check into our room. The directions that the attendant told us to get to our room was a much longer way than was required. I am not sure why they didn't tell us the shorter simpler way.
The room was basically half decent clean and the location of the room was adequate.
The location of the hotel fit me fine as I was attending an event at the convention center. The north part of the strip is not quite as busy as the middle, but it didn't bother me at all. I think food prices are a little more reasonable on the north end and even better near Fremont street and probably better in other places for the budget minded travelers. I found that i have a lot less luck with the slots than I have had other years. Most everyone I talked to had said the same thing about Vegas as a whole! The one thing I did like was that I never had to go outside if it was a bad weather day and could eat and play and watch shows within the whole complex!

Some of the hotel is dated and some was ok. I think with the volume of people coming and going through Vegas hotels , they are all gonna be that way unless you pay huge dollars for a newer place! I always think - what is my home like? Then that eases me on the fancy places! LOL It is a more affordable family oriented place and so be it!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Las Vegas
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I have stay here before average normally , but great value. Terrible shuttle bus service.
I booked a deluxe room right above the lobby. I walked in to a constantly running toilet, I call housekeeping and it was serviced within the hour. In the evening I went to shower , and the diverter valve from tub to shower would only come out halfway so the tub spicket filled as well as the shower trickled. I then noticed tiny ants on the sink , and the wall by the outlet. I had previously cancelled by booking at the Quad because of similar reviews, however I never experienced these instance before at Circus Circus. I had called the front desk the next day , and they offered to service the room or move me to another room. I opted for the new room , to which they gave me a mini suite which I appreciated. Circus Circus did go out of the way to accomidate me. I did wait anhour for a shuttle to the airport , which is supposed to be there nonstop every half hour,that never came and I had to Cab it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Montreal
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Great stay, clean rooms, blast for the kids, a short walk to the heart of the strip.

Go to the Adventuredome earlier in the day no lines or waits. The midway game are fun for the kids easy way to blow money but you will come home with lots of stuffed animals.

Only ate at the bagel restaurant which was fine can't comment on any of he others.

Room Tip: Stayed in Casino tower 8th floor our view was not good but we were never in our rooms for long. The...