“Would stay here again only as a last resort!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Circus Circus Hotel & Casino Las Vegas

Circus Circus Hotel & Casino Las Vegas
Ranked #109 of 267 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Would stay here again only as a last resort!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Im still in circus circus as I write this review. Prior to booking I read really bad reviews from this hotel online, I thought I give it a try anyway. Reason being was because I was bringing my 3 yr old and a 9 yr old and this seem to be the place for them because of the midway, adventuredome and circus acts. They loved it. As an adult I obviously  notice every default of the hotel. Service gave it -3- only because at check in we were upgraded from the West to the Casino tower. I was surprised since online it was advertise that casino tower was just remodeled. Here is why, the room itself was really comfortable, but one of the beds had a stain on the bedsheet, I called housekeeping and spoke to sarah, I told her were I was, room # and that I needed bedsheet changed when housekeeping came by. When we came back to the room beds were done but the same sheet was left on the bed. (stain was still there) Bathroom had really minor mold stains, nothing big but they were still noticeable. Room wall had a stain also wich was really noticible red/brown color No idea what It looked like. Last night we closed the room with the deadbolt and this morning at 9:24 am there was a loud knock on the door that woke me up with my heart pounding really hard, it was housekeeping. I guess this was somewhat my fault for not putting the Do Not Disturb sign in my door. But hey you gotta figure, If  housekeeping key its not working/ door is not opening is probably because door is deadbolt lock and therefore I dont want any disturbance  right?! Oh well.  Others things I'd like to mention are, casino lobby no longer smells like cigar like it used to years ago (last time I came but never booked room was 6 years ago) The view to the room was awful ofcourse being in the 3rd floor I didnt expect much. Buffet personally was awful stay away from the buffet if you can. In conclusion I would stay here ONLY as a last resort. Next time I come I will book somewhere else. Good luck with your experience if you are planning to book this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank CandyV7
CCLVGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Circus Circus Hotel & Casino Las Vegas, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for choosing Circus Circus Las Vegas for your recent stay. We apologize that you had a negative experience while staying with us. I will bring these issues to the attention of our management to ensure we discuss these issues with the appropriate employees. If you need anything additional, please don't hesitate to contact me at guestrelatios@circuscircus.com. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,744)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Santa Ana, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

My family and i come to Circus Circus all the time we can and every stay is beyond satisfying. the casions really entertain and have good service. the kids cant get enough of Adventure Dome and Midway. the food really fills you up. and our rooms gave a great warm feeling like if we were in our own rooms. every staff, employee, and assistent really guided us professionalty and did their very best to make our visit a memerbal one. thank you

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank mere p
Fresno
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I booked a West Tower room same day and got an excellent rate. I was expecting to find an outdated, dingy room but I was pleasantly suprised. The decoration is simple yet modern. The room was very clean and I was able to sleep comfortably. One minus is that I could hear all the noise from the room adjacent to me, so I had to be pretty quiet myself.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank maria s
Lancaster, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed in the recently newly renovated rooms of the west towers. I must say that the beds are decent and the bathroom is nice as well. For the price that we booked it at it was a great steal! It's actually a pretty interesting hotel as in that when we were done losing money on the casino floor we could go and win some toys or even go on roller casters which was a nice change up from just straight gambling and non stop drinking.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank may0529
Stevensville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We arrived late at night and it was still busy. The room was supposed to be remodeled but it must have been years ago, we had paid for an upgrade but it was tacky. The room was not dirty but it smelled and the hallways were horrible. The carpets were very stained and as soon as you got off the elevator the smell hit you. The bed sheets were clean but full of holes. For what we paid I am sure we could have found better. If you get a good deal I think it is OK.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank mary l
Alma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Sign outside noted that property had been recently remodeled; however, our room (Skyrise Tower) had dated furnishings. Room was also susceptible to noise from adjacent rooms and hallway. Other than that, everything was fine; staff was pleasant to interact with, location was good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Scott J
North Wales, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed in Circus Circus back in April 2012 with my friend. Our room was basic but fine for what we needed. It was & most of the bathroom was spotless. We had an air con unit in the room which we kept on having to turn off at night what a racket. We also had free buffet breakfast included in our stay we I couldn't fault.

The only thing I would complain about is the people trying to sell you things as you were walking through the hotel to get to the main exit/entrance. This was very annoying!!!

The hotel is one of the original hotels & yes probably not as modern as the news ones. But let's face it who goes to Vegas to stay in the hotel. We used the bus to get up & down the strip the stop was right outside the hotel. We were also 2 lone females & didn't have a problem walking around the hotel area of an evening. I would defo stay again at Circus Circus

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends