“Skyrise Tower Rooms”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Berkshire
“Skyrise Tower Rooms”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

The Skyrise Tower room that we were allocated as part of an ATI Tour was room 24703. The room needed to be refurbished - out of date and tired decor (our paperwork from Virgin said we were staying in the West Tower rooms). We had a few issues with the room, but Guest Relations Manager Cheryl, put all these right for us (thanks Cheryl). The mattress however was too soft. The Sirlion Steak and Ribs in the Garden Grill were excellent on the first night - but the steak was missing from the menu on the third night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank sleekpeek

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,940)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2012

good price, and food is nice!! not overally expensive and you get what you pay for - obviously one of the older hotels but that adds to the charm i think
only downside is that is was on the end of the strip so alot of walking but certainly helped with walking all the calories off so not a bad thing!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank zoe a
Western Australia
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Cheap rooms and yes its an older hotel, its not Bellagio so if you want posh then it's not the place but beat my expectations by a mile! I'm no snob so I loved this place. Rooms are nice! It's on the end of the strip though. me & my friends thought it was really great & I'll be staying again next time
Rooms are nice & clean, service was great, great value for money.

Room Tip: West tower is best
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank OzzyExplorer
Kennewick, Washington
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

After reading all the negative reviews, I was a little skeptical about my stay. When I arrived, I was surprised. The lobby did not smell bad at all. I think they just shampooed the carpets. The line was long, but it moved very quickly. They had about five to six front desk clerks at about 7pm. The clerk was very nice as well. We payed for our whole stay at check in and did not have any money held for an incidental fee. Make sure you get a coupon book at the front desk. It has a lot of deals you can redeem around the Cirus Circus.
The Casino didn't really smell like smoke. If it did, it was only in the Casino. I hardly saw any children around either. I went during the week (Monday to Thursday)
We stayed at the Casino Tower. The rooms were in excellent condition. There were no cockroaches or bed mites. Our room was cleaned everyday around the same time. It was also a newly renovated tower. I think all the bad reviews came from the cheaper rooms (ex: the manor tower).
There wasn't a line at checkout, but it was at 8am.
The only reason I didn't rate it a 5 star was because the architecture isn't as fancy as the Bellagio. The location was on the end of strip. Lots of walking.. lol If you take the monorail, please note the Sahara shut down. It's about a 15 minute walk through some semi-scary streets.
Overall, I enjoyed my stay. It's very affordable and a nice place. When I come back to Vegas, I'll definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank MeowTime
Great Falls, Montana
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Our flight was delayed several hours, so we didn't get to the hotel until 3am. 97 minutes is how long we waited in line just to check in. Over an hour and a half!! There were crying babies and toddlers running and screaming throughout the entire lobby. Reminder, it was 3am. The room seemed recently updated with bright colors and some cute furniture, but no fridge, coffee maker, blowdryer or microwave. All was clean though and the price was great. I'm not a fan of indoor smoking, but we probably will stay again. Skyrise tower

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tatum M
Veracruz, Mexico
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I would say that the hotel is good in general. Despite of we had problems with the buffet tickets because the front desk did not understand that the payment we made include breakfast. The service from all circus members was good enough and most of them are willing to help you anytime. I didn't know how to play in the casino, however there are classes during the week whether you want to learn something about or just to know details about gambling.

Room Tip: Do not choose the lowest rate immediately, make a double check and it is more likely that you find s...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bobsburgh
Washington DC
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed at the Circus Circus hotel for the low rate. Check in was very efficient and the front desk agent was friendly and knowledgable. The room was very clean but looked dated. In fact the entire resort looks like it could use a renovation. Given the price I paid I really didn't expect much. I very much enjoyed myself playing the slot machines in the casino. I also didn't have to go far for food since there are many restaurants in the resort. I had a rental car and I was always able to find parking close to the back entrance. For those without a car you can go to the Hilton hotel about 10 minutes walk away and catch the monorail to take you to the main tourist area of the strip. At check in I was given a 35% discount coupon for the Titanic exhibition over at the Luxor hotel. I used it at the last minute and it turned out to be one of the highlights of my vacation. I would rate the Circus Circus resort about 3 stars. It looks old but is clean. For the price I would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo