“Has to be the next hotel in Vegas to be tore down.”

Circus Circus Hotel & Casino Las Vegas
Ranked #130 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Check -in was terrible... could hardly understand the person....took a long time to check -in. Added on all the resort fees, that I tried to get dropped. Again front desk not very accommodating. The Hotel itself was ok, a little out dated, but clean. Hotel / Casino in a little removed from the center of activity on the strip. ( not neccesarilly a bad thing). The Buffet is average, but reasonable.

Room Tip: Any of the towers will give you great access to the casino at a minimal price increase. If you can s...
3  Thank Gary H
Write a ReviewReviews (10,149)

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I've stayed in Circus-Circus four or five times, always in the Casino Tower. And frankly, I'll continue staying there at least for this year. To summarize the Circus-Circus experience:

- Friendly and professional staff.
- Relatively quick check-in, even on a Friday night (10-15 people in the line).
- Decent rooms, clean and well-taken care off. Spacious, with all the usual amenities (no minibar, but a fridge).
- Excellent WiFi internet connection.
- Decent, cheap food service within the hotel (take advantage of the breakfast-lunch-dinner offer at Circus Buffet, incredible price for the variety of food offered). The buffet doesn't compare with the ones found at higher class Vegas hotels, no gourmet pretentions here, but it is just fine for my needs.

More details, if you are interested:

Check-in

Usually a problem with most hotels in Vegas, it is relatively fast and friendly in CC. I've been in another hotel, with similar price range and ammenities, and I had to wait in line for more than an hour to get a room. Never had such a problem in CC, you are usually in front of a reception person in less than 20 minutes and going up to your room (exactly as you requested it) in less than 30 minutes from the moment you entered the hotel.

Rooms

In the Casino Tower (that's the only one I've tried) the rooms are spacious and well taken care off. Nothing special, nothing to write home about, but nice, large rooms, with plenty of space, comfy beds and all the usual ammenities (air-con, large, clean bathroom, fridge but no minibar, TV etc). Overall, for the price you are paying, just fine.

Casino

I am not into gambling, so I can't comment, but there are several tables with the usual games and plenty of slot machines.

Restaurants

There are several and the quality is from "basic" to "excellent". The Steakhouse is great, but you need to book your table in advance. The Circus Buffet is adequate and the breakfast-lunch-dinner offer is hard to beat for the price. There is a very nice small shop, open all night for coffee and donuts, Westside Deli, which is a life saver when you suffer from jet lug after a long, inter-continental flight, their espresso is great and the donuts are always fresh and tasty. The Pizzeria servers nice pizzas, if that's what you like but the colors of the decoration can have an adverse effect on your ... eyes, the pizza is good though. There are also several restaurants near the Adventure Dome on the Promenade Level, I've tried the Garden Grill and it was quite good, but service was kind of slow.

Entertainement

I am not interested in these things, but the Adventure Dome is a fun park for the kids (and not only), and there are various other shows you can attend if you so want. Can't help you on this.

Other hotel ammenities and the area in general.

As far as I am concerned, I use Circus-Circus because it is very affordable, it's near the Sands Expo, where my business is usually centered and it has excellent internet WiFi connection. It's kind of far from the center of the Strip, so keep this in mind if visiting the Strip hotels is important for you.

Between CC and The Palazzo, you can find several small stores for your shopping needs. There is also a very nice little shop, called Don Pablo Cigars, as you walk south on the Strip on your left side, with cheap cigarettes and a guy making cigars right in front of you. I haven't tried his cigars, but if you are into cigar smoking you will enjoy this shop.

Keep in mind that there is usually a small "resort fee" that is added to your room rate, and which offers you various free things, you may want or not, but I do not think there is any way to avoid the fee. Since that includes the free and always reliable WiFi internet connection, for me it is indispensable.

Overall, I would recommend the Circus-Circus, if you are on a budget and you want a decent hotel on the Strip (northern end of the Strip).

Room Tip: I always stay in the Casino Tower, can't comment on the others.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank John_Car_1957
Reviewed October 16, 2012

The room was very comfortable and clean. Was in the West Tower. The beds are very comfortable (however a ladder is needed to climb into the bed :-)) the nights were very quiet. The hotel is secure. There is a safebox and an iron in each room. The staff was very nice and polite. The food was delicious with loads of choice every day. There is a circus with loads of attractions inside the hotel, loads of shops also. The hotel is at the end of the strip but near everything and you can walk to the Bellagio or Venitian for example in about ten minutes. I don't see any reason to remove any star for this hotel wich is cheap for the quality offered.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank SandrineRamdane
CCLVGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Circus Circus Hotel & Casino Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thank you very much for your review! We take pride in the quality of our service and cleanliness of our hotel. We all appreciate our guests taking the time to write a review and hope to see you again in the future! If you have any questions please contact me at guestrelations@circuscircus.com

Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is the worse hotel i have ever stayd at!!!! Fist off they make you pay more when you get here for a resort fee second of all they wouldnt give me a key or tell me what room i was in that i paid for third i paid a deposit of 25$ for a stroller in the dome room and when i returned it they kept the deposit managment did nothing the front desk is rude i wouldnt reccomand this to my worse enemy!

Room Tip: dont buy one
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Atrocious experience, we were ignored by hotel staff, my wife was rudely treated by security staff, spent 20 minutes on hold trying to find a supervisor, to which he passed us back to hotel operator telling us that the he could not do anything and that we are on our own. Finally we could get hold managers who we could talk to but the length we had to go to get assistance was ridiculous. At the end of it our issue was never resolved, we were mistreated and provided a ton of negative customer experience. There is a reason this hotel and other MGM owned properties have shown a decline in revenue over the recent years, our experience reinforces as to why. Folks spend your money elsewhere like a cruise, Florida, hawaii. This was our first time going to Vegas definitely our last.
Money wasted, time we will never get back! Hotel stay at circus circus definitely ruined our Vegas experience.

1  Thank skyskywayway
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This was our first visit ever to Vegas. We stayed in a suite on the 35th (top) floor, we had a view of the north end of the strip. Room was clean and very comfortable and we really relaxed during our time here. The beds were very comfortable for a good nights sleep. We also found it to be nice and quite during our 4 day stay. The fee for the room was a good value for sure. We had our 3 grandchildren with us and Adventuredome was a wonderfully fun place for them. Make use of the coupons available and the children can enjoy a full day of fun from 11AM to 6PM in the Adventuredome at a reasonable price. We really enjoyed our stay here. We drove here so used our car to drive down the strip to visit other casinos. Parking was never a problem at the other casinos, and was free. The whole Vegas experience was better than we had anticipated. We always felt safe where ever we went. We enjoyed swimming in the pools, and time in the spa. One pool was heated just right, the other was rather cool. So you can take you pick. My only complaint is that their website shows the room types and pictures but does not list that there is a coffee pot and small refrigerate in the suite. I asked about it when on the phone making the reservations and the girl couldn't really answer me on that--didn't know. We were please to find out that the Suite room did have the coffee pot and frig. Would have been nice to know that before we arrived. Apparently their other rooms do not have this, but you can pay an extra $15.00 a day and they'll bring a small frig to your room.
We were amazed and please to find that even though there is smoking going on in the casino, our room did not have a hint of smoke smell.

3  Thank AlmondBlossomCapital

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. We hope that your stay was pleasant and that our accommodations and services were acceptable to you. Please let us know if there's any ways that we might make improvements in the accommodations and services for our guests.
Thank you, kindly! I can be reached at guestrelations@circuscircus.com

Reviewed October 14, 2012

This hotel is not a 3 star at all. The rooms are not at all like the pictures shown at hotels.com. The hall smelled terrible and the carpets are old. This hotel should be 1 star or less if possible. You can't even take a taxi at the manor, you have to walk to the main lobby every time. You can hear everything, even the rain and the people talking on the room next door.

Room Tip: I couldn't sleep, I could hear even the rain on the ceiling!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business