Circus Circus Hotel & Casino Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sydney, Australia
“Awful”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This hotel was a nightmare. The hotel and rooms stink of cigarettes and the hotel itself is very dated and dark. It might have been ok in the early days of Vegas but it now needs a serious overhaul. Besides it is a bus ride away from the main strip. Vegas is an amazing place so do yourself a favor and spend a little more on accommodation and stay on the strip, which is where we spent most of our time. I absolutely love Las Vegas and cannot wait to return but I would never stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Dave M
CCLVGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Circus Circus Hotel & Casino Las Vegas, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dave - I apologize that you had a negative experience while staying with us. We appreciate all guest feedback, positive or negative, and will ensure that your concerns are brought to the attention of our management. Should you need to discuss your concerns further, please feel free to contact me via email at guestrelations@circuscircus.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,967)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This hotel is old and it shows. The rooms are sparse, no fridge, no microwave, no coffee pot...I thought everyone gave you a coffee pot. Worse, to get a cup of coffee, you have to go to the massive lobby and fight the massive crowd and walk 2 - 3 miles to get a cup of coffee. There is never anyone to help you. Checking in or checking out is a 30 minutes wait. It is billed as a family hotel, but it is just a place where children are let loose to go wild. There is a youth basketball tournament the last two weeks in July and guess where they stay...right here. There is no way I would ever stay here again. This place was probably cool once, my guess they are just waiting for the iron ball to knock it down.

Room Tip: You'll pay more but if you can, stay in the newer casino tower.
Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank DrGomab
We apologize that you had a negative experience with us. We appreciate all guest feedback, negative or positive, so that we can use it to improve our service and amenities. If you wish to discuss this incident further, please don't hesitate to contact me at guestrelations@circuscircus.com. Thank you.

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Rocky Mount, Virginia
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I had read a lot of reviews about Circus Circus and some were not great. We were in the new part and I thought the rooms were very nice. They were clean. The view was not great, we were looking at the roof, there was not a coffee maker, nor ironing board. The internet was difficult to get on. The casino host was wonderful. If you are a gambler the comps are great also! I received several free buffets for my family and cash comps. The food, well it was Vegas buffet food. If I were to be given a chance to stay again, I would due to the price being so reasonable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in their newer addition.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ann O
Surprise, Arizona
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Old, dirty (to be read as FILTHY...), with aged and/or run down furnishings...this is both in the rooms and throughout the facility.

The room carpets were stained and filthy, and common areas were worse (and smelled nasty in some parts of the facility).

The only saving grace to this hotel was the "limited" activities for those under 21...since had 3 teens staying there also.

Buffet was rather bland...limited as compared to others...and the buffet area and most specifically the self-serve drink area was a sloppy/dirty MESS...

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Harvey-Priscilla
I apologize that you had a negative experience with us. We appreciate all feedback from our guests so that we can bring these issues to the attention of our management. If you would like to discuss this matter further, I would be happy to help you. Please feel free to email me at guestrelations@circuscircus.com. Thank you.
New Delhi, India
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Over the last couple of years, we have chosen to stay there for kids' sake... mainly, for the Adventure Dome - their own theme park. We got our portraits and fancy-outfit pictures taken there - and got our credit card info. being stolen - we immediately called and got our card blocked. No one picks up when you call for room service or the front desk! I wish they would upgrade and offer some change - so that we would consider going there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bhavna S
Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We had reservations for your hotel to stay Aug 1st and 2nd. Me and my family were on are way from Colorado when in New Mexico we hit a Elk. It went into are windshield. We were all lucky to walk away with minor injuries. We hadn't had a family vacation for years when this happened. I called Aug 1st to your reservation line at about 11:20am Mtn time to cancel are Aug 2nd reservation,Knowing i would have to pay Aug 1st. The girl i talked to was so nice and caring. She said just a minute. She came back after talking to her supervisor and refunded are whole stay. She had told me she had a friend a couple of months before. That this had happened to him also but he did not survive. You don't know how much that meant after what happened to us. I wish i would have got her name but if everyone that works there is like this lady. I would love to be able to stay at your hotel soon. This girl should have been recognized by your company. Keep up the great work.Thanks Again!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank kevin23t
Kevin - We appreciate the positive comments about our staff! We do have a great bunch of people working for us! I am so happy that we were able to accomodate you. I hope you are able to come visit us again soon!
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Circus Circus probably used to be a top hotel... many years ago. Today it is a cheap place to stay, with simple and old fashioned rooms, and unimpressive service. I was double upgraded to a better room, because the first one they sent me had not yet been cleaned. But I would expect any decent hotel to do the same. The food there has no imagination. The dark lights and carpet in the casino area are a bit claustrophobic to me. If you stay there, I suggest a high floor in the tower.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends