“Quiet in Vegas”

Candlewood Suites Las Vegas
Ranked #85 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Very nice and quiet. I have stayed at other hotel/casino's on the strip but decided this time I would try and get some quiet time and be able to get away from the pack. Easy to get there from here, so go enjoy the casino's and all Las Vegas has to offer, then go back to a nice, peaceful and restful room not far away. I really love the suites. Well maintained, clean and comfortable. Always had good internet connection. If you're like me and really enjoy the food in Vegas, I always seem to order more than I can eat. It is nice not to waste it. With a full size fridge and supplied kitchenette, I bring my leftovers back for lunch the next day. I have stayed at the Candlewood in Fort Worth, TX and so far, they have now become my hotel of choice.

Room Tip: interior rooms away from the pool and street are quietest
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Greetings, just spent the weekend at the Candlewood Suites after deciding against paying inflated prices at the major casinos just because of a holiday weekend. Boy did I make the right choice. If you do not mind walking approx 1 mile to the main strip, if you do not mind being treated like royalty upon check in, and by the way thank you Lisa for the warm and friendly greeting you gave me upon arrival. You set the tone for a wonderful stay. The room was nicely furnished, full kitchen, nice comfy bed. My only complaint was that the carpet looked like it could use a good shampoo. Other than that nothing but a good time. Plenty of food options nearby. All and all I smart choice I made, and would highly recommend this property. Thanks again Candlewood, see you in the near future!

Room Tip: Second floor or higher, just to avoid the noise from the busy street
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I found Candlewood Suites more attractive than publicity photo's suggested. As a part of a group of 11 travellers, i can state that the quality of several rooms were all of the same excellent quality. As clean as can be. Very comfortable bed, ensured a good night sleep. Very nice kitchen equipment made a degree of self-catering easily accomplished. Situated just 3 bus stops down from the centre of ' Strip ', made it easy to get around on Public transport. Also just a few minutes 'Cab ride from the airport. The staff, with 24 hour help on hand were really friendly and helpful, and within a very short time it felt like a home from home. An endless supply of snow white towels in the Gym, and at the Pool made a very welcome addition.
It wasn't a problem to me, but I guess I should mention a couple of minor defects. First impression caused by old looking carpets in the corridors, was intanstly rectified by everything being top quality in the rooms. The second point is being on a flight path, sitting at the pool on weekends wasn't too wonderful.
If I ever get to go back to L.V., I would definitely choose Candlewood, with special thanks to Grace on reception.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 29, 2012

It is on Paradise so a little off the strip, between Sands (Spring Mt Rd) and Flamingo.
Newly renovated and clean. When I arrived I was greeted by a friendly staff person who seemed intent on making me feel welcome. Even the day manager got in on the conversation of making sure I was informed of all the amenities. - more on that later.
The room was a 1 bdrm suite. The kitchen has a cook top, microwave, refer and garbage disposal. No oven but it had a dishwasher. Hair dryer and Iron in-room. Large flat panel in living room and another in the bdrm, both with HDMI ports so we could connect our laptops to stream movies. Internet was OK but a little spotty.
Amenities- almost never ending. Gym with plenty of equipment. 3 treadmills, elip, stair climber, other equipment I don't use, free weights... on and on. They have a lending library that isn't just books. It includes tools, crook pot, games and more.
A little store that is on the honor system (with camera of course) at fare prices. Not the usual I have you captive at 2:00 am hotel prices.
Had a light bulb burn out. I hate mentioning it but if you don't how will they know, right? Hung up the phone and the guy was right there to replace it.

It is ok if other people don't book this hotel because that makes it more likely there will be plenty of room for my next stay ;).
It isn't the Vadara or Venation but it is the BEST value with no real short cuts on comfort.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was one of the best hotels simply because of the staff! They are all so sweet and ready to talk with you about everything. The snack room was convenient to stop by if we didn't want to get a full meal ordered to the room. The rooms were very nice and comfortable. We loved the popcorn in the microwave. That was a nice touch. The only thing they could do is have a shuttle to the strip. That would make this hotel perfect! Overall if you're looking for a good value and smiling faces I would definitely suggest staying here!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank brittnitye
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I used my rewards points to book rooms for my daughter and myself.

I'd stayed at this property a couple of years ago, and liked it for both its location and its price. It's nice to be able to enjoy Las Vegas without spending a mountain of cash on an overpriced hotel on the Strip.

Upon entering my upgraded suite, I was pleasantly surprised to see that they've undergone some renovations since my last stay. Two flat screen televisions, comfortable furniture and an updated kitchen were nice to see.

I had one issue during my stay. My AC didn't seem to work properly. It cooled the room, but I was unable to really control the room temperature. I did not bring this up to the hotel staff, only because I wasn't spending a great deal of time in my room. My daughter commented that everything in her room worked flawlessly.

The staff here is excellent; very friendly, professional and accomodating.

If (aka "when") I return to Vegas, for business or pleasure, I'll stay here.

Room Tip: If you're a Priority Club Platinum Member, ask for an upgrade. The regular suites are nice. The...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank SteveParr
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Not really fan of these types of hotels but it was comfortable enough.

AMENITIES
1. SNACK ROOM There is an area for snacks I believe it is free for hotel guests and if you want to pay (if its not included in your room) then its on the honour system. That was a nice touch to get snacks.

2. POOL. They have a pool but I didnt make it there.

3. GYM. Never checked it out but they have a Gym

ROOMS
Recently refurbihshed and it shows, you get a full kitchen stocked with all appliances, cutlery etc. That was awesome especially if you plan on cooking or staying for a while. While this is a nice touch its probably not useful if you dont plan on cooking. Eitherway it never hurts to have a full-size fridge and a kitchen area.

Beds were alright, I didn't watch TV but there are two TVS in the room if you get a suite.

HOTEL
The common areas are a bit worn out (lobby and hallways and elevators) they don't seem to have been refurbished. THe hotel is pretty quiet and small, its off the strip so that was nice after all the lights and noise, a few minutes on the bus and you're back to reality.

TRANSPORTATION
1.No Shuttle. This sucks. no shuttle to anywhere on the strip or to the airport. Not fun. Expect to take public transportation

2. Bus #202. This but is across the street from the hotel corner and is relatively convenient. It runs relatively often but I still found it a chore to run to catch the bus to and from the strip. But its not really a deal breaker by any means. The bus takes about 5 minutes with no traffic to get to the strip (Ceasars). Catch the bus back home by Ballys.

FREE TIP: In general always buy the $5 24 hour pass from the 202 bus and NOT on the strip from the SDX busses. You will save $2. Also, from the airpport get a round trip shuttle to the Candlewood. This will be around $6.50 each way and takes care of the air port transportation saving you roughly $30.

OVERALL
Next time I'd rather stay at a better hotel with more amenities and more of a Vegas flair. Maybe Cesars or the Aria. The hotel is also around the same price as these hotels so why be off the strip and be stuck with more transportation costs? Also the hotel could be a hotel in any other american city.. but if you are in Vegas BE in vegas! Stay elsewhere if you are going for "vegas" and get the most out of your trip.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends