“The Best”

GreenLeadersGold level
Sydney, Australia
“The Best”
Reviewed October 10, 2006

We had 2 rooms booked at Caesars Palace from the 10th September for 4 nights in the Palace Tower. Upon arrival the line was quite long and only took about 20 minutes to check in. We were offered a upgrade to the Augusto Tower with a view of the Bellaigo Fountains for a extra $65.00 per night + tax, we decided to upgrade as it was our 1st time in vegas.

The room was fanastic, 2 plasma tv's, 1 in the living room and 1 in the bathroom which was handy when you were having a spa. The view of the fountains was incredible my husband positioned his chair and watched them over and over again everyday.

Staff were always very friendly even in the gaming area, the drink waitress were always there the more you tip the better service you get. Pool area was great and plenty of chairs and towels.

Would definetley stay again at Caesars Palace it was all 5 star.

• Liked — The whole hotel
  • Disliked — nothing
8 Thank Fernuch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6,064)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Laguna Niguel, CA
Reviewed October 10, 2006

We reserved a Palace Tower room at the Caesars Palace and were definitely pleased with what we got.
The room was very modern with a flat screen TV and modern furniture. The beds were extremely comfortable and the huge jetted tub was so relaxing. Double sinks and a private toilet area were also great. There was even a sitting area to apply makeup, etc. Our view was of the pool and the Bellagio.
A gorgeous room, but unless you have a special you will pay out the nose for it.
Very friendly check-in experience and great interactions with the staff.

• Liked — The very comfortable beds.
  • Disliked — No computer in the room.
  • Tips/Secrets — Look around for a deal.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with friends
10 Thank karkura
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed October 8, 2006

This is the second bad experience I've had with Caesars. I arrived at the airport with a confirmation at 5:30pm and was told they were oversold - sorry! They didn't even offer to assit in finding me another accomodation! The last time I booked tthere - here's some advice. Stay away from having a room in the Roman Tower. It's the oldest tower and is really beat with chipped furnature, cigarette burns, etc. even in a non-smoking room. I had a room with a Murphy bed which is basically 2 mattresses on the ground that you have to pull out of the wall yourself. There are no lights to read in bed by. Better off in the Palace or Augustus Tower. Remember, in LV, the hotel only confirms a room - not a type or a location. So, you could be out on the street like me trying to find a room on a Saturday night. They don't even honor the confirmed rate anywhere else. My best advice is to arrive early.

• Liked — location on the strip. Hotel is very ornate
  • Disliked — Roman Tower rooms, customer service
  • Tips/Secrets — Know where your room is going to be
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
14 Thank 57Lulu
Swindon, UK
Reviewed October 7, 2006

We stayed here during September of this year for 3 nights.

We had managed to get a FANTASTIC rate online direct with the hotel and were really looking forward to our stay. We had stayed at other properties on the strip (TI, Luxor, Excalibur) before but never Caesars.

We arrived at 3pm and checkin was great. We were due to stay in the Palace tower but were upgraded to a suite in the Augustus Tower. The check in girl did this as it was my husbands 30th and our 5th wedding anniversary.

The room was AMAZING! The bedroom and living space were very tastefully decorated and the bathroom was HUGE. THere were plasma TV's in the bedroom and bathroom. A lot of thought has certainly gone into the decor of the rooms. We had fantastic views of the pools and The Venetian.

Housekeeping were great. so quiet! We never got distrubed by maids hoovering etc like we have in other hotels. And the turn down service each night was a lovely touch with 'Caesar's coins' being left on your pillow each night!

The Caesar property is massive. There is so much to see and do. The Forum Shops are a real treat and make sure you sample the Cheesecake Factory. The Cheesecakes are a real treat and taking one back to your room is also recommended! Give yourself plenty of time to read the menu though!

Would I stay here again? Yes!

Caesars has everything. Value for money and the location is superb!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Book it! cheap clean, ideally located !!!
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
19 Thank Heavens
Shepherd,MI
Reviewed October 5, 2006

I want to know who does the rating system for hotels? The hotels must know they are coming and give them the special treatment.

My husband and I visited Caesars 9/30/06-10/5/06 for our Aniversary. We choose Caesars because we wanted a more upscale hotel. BIG MISTAKE! It was upscale when it came to your wallet, but more like a Motel 6 for customer service. We booked our hotel through Northwest Vacations and paid for an upgraded Palace Tower room. The front desk clerk also convinced us to upgrade again when we arrived, to a Petite Suite for $350.00. We usually pay for upgrades because it allows us to have a better view or better service. Please take this advice, do not pay for an upgrade to a Petite Suite. They tell you you get 200+ sq ft, but it is all bathroom. You get an extra toilet, shower head, and bedea. The view is the same in the palace tower as long as you get an even number room. The living space is identical!

Now to the failure in Customer Service. When we arrived to our upgraded toilet room, it had light bulbs out, streaks on the windows, and the romote did not work well. You may think this is being too picky, but may I remind you we were paying $320.00 a night. I expect everything to be in working order for this amount. I proceeded to go down to the front desk the next morning and talk to a front desk clerk. They offered to have a repair man come to our room, but I decided that we should switch back to a standard palace tower room because the extra toilet was not worth $350.00. So around noon we switched rooms, my husband not too happy because we had to spend time packing up and moving. The room did look exactly like the upgraded room, other then the bathroom. That night the bathroom started smelling like sewer at times. I did not report it until the next day, because we had dinner plans, etc. My husband and I started talking to a Roulette dealer and told him about our disatisfaction. He immediately called a pit boss over and she got a manager on the phone. Hats off to the casino staff and wait staff! The manager basically told me they had 3300 rooms at Caesars and sometimes failures happen. They rely on customers like me to report these issues. They sent a engineer up to fix the foul smell in our bathroom, his solution was to caulk our toilet at the base. In short the smell lingered on for the rest of the time. Had one customer service representative offered me a sorry and somesort of a complimentary upgrade I would have been satisfied. We are not fussy people, but when I pay a high price for something I expect quality, especially in the service industry. In the end they did give us a $50.00 credit on room service and did not charge us for the first night upgrade of $80.00. I really do not feel this was enough after I had to take time out of my stay to report all of the problems to Caesars, especially when I read about people who received an upgraded room for only $160.00/night because it was their aniversary. Remember we paid initially $320.00/night.

We visited the Palms hotel and viewed an upgraded room there. Amazing! The cost was almost half of Caesars.

The last comment about Caesars that I want to mention is that it is more for an older crowd. My husband and I are in our 30's and did not see many our age at this hotel. Also does anyone dress up to go out at night? It always seemed that my husband and I were over dressed as we walked through Caesars. I wore skirts or short dresses and he wore dress pants and nice shirts. I thought this place would have some class. When we visited the Palms and it was day time we did not feel overdressed. Note, I was wearing a halter top and jean skirt and my husband shorts. I feel the Palms is more for a hip young crowd as Caesars is for the over 60 crowd. We will never stay at Caesars again, the only reason I would walk into that place again is to go shopping at the Forum Shops. Oh I forgot to mention the Celine Dion Concert was awesome, Caesars is lucky to have someone of her talent performing in their establishment.

• Liked — Bartenders
  • Disliked — Hotel
  • Tips/Secrets — If young do not stay at Caesars.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
11 Thank nelly21
Essex
Reviewed October 4, 2006

Have just returned from Caesars Palace and it was the very best hotel we have stayed in.

We stayed in the Palace tower ; which is very near to the pools, as it was 96 degrees everyday that was very handy! it saves you going around the hotel to get to your room, as the Palace tower lifts are right be the pool.
All the staff were very polite and afficant, did not encounter any rudeness from anyone.
The room was very luxurious, on 14th floor with great views of the pools (ask for a pool view, if at the palace tower.) A king bed, very over stocked mini bar, with very expensive prices to match, beware, if you so much as pick anything up you will be charged, as they work on sensors.
The bathroom was superb, with huge whirlpool bath, very large, walk-in shower, and double sinks, toilettries were of a very high quality.
Housekeeping was excellent and done nice and early, if you lie in, remember to put the 'do not disturb' sign out.
By the pool there are as many towels as you need, so dont bother taking your own. Four pools, three 'normal' and the Venus, which is a topless pool, you have to pay for it at the end of the week. We went in one day and is is beautiful apart from the VERY loud music booming out, which makes it very hard to relax. There are very beautiful people there, and staff come round during the day with iced flannels, grapes and oranges, pure luxury!
The position of Caesars is fantastic, right in the middle of the strip, next to the Bellagio and across from Paris.
The Forum shops attatched to the hotel are seen to be believed, as is the whole of Vegas. Everywhere you go there are shops and restaurants. You MUST visit The Cheesecake Factory in the Forum shops, and go very hungury.
All in all a fab place to visit, I think Caesars is one of the best hotels in Vegas, On my return I would stay nowhere else, take some good advice and stay there in the palace tower, you won't regret it!! ENJOY.

• Liked — Luxury and location
  • Disliked — NOTHING!
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay in the palace tower.
19 Thank franandhow
Reviewed October 2, 2006

We stayed at Caesar's from Sunday to Wednesday. We arrived at 11am on Sunday - which is the most popular day to arrive for conventions - and had to check our luggage with bell services, which was painless and well-managed. We spent a couple hours at one of the many bars watching the football games, then secured our room in the Palace Tower, eighth floor. The room was fairly spacy - supposedly 600 sq ft - with king bed, desk & chair, plasma tv and a very large bathroom with jacuzzi tub for two, glass shower, double vanity and separate toilet. The room was nice, but really smelled of smoke - this was supposed to be a nonsmoking floor. We called and they offered to ionize it, after also offering to move us. The ionization helped somewhat, and you got used to the smell after the first whiff upon arrival.
The pool area was very attractive with lots of chairs and very friendly pool boys, but a scarcity of waitresses. The hot tubs were somewhat disappointing in that they weren't that hot and the jets weren't too powerful.
There is a topless area of the pool deck which is separated by topiary, but not secluded enough for my liking. Also, on my way to a convention meeting on the ballroom floor, you can look out the windows right down to the topless area.
The casino is large and confusingly laid out. I use the Bellagio as my benchmark because I love the paths they laid out through the casino to guide you. Caesar's is just too large, and to top it off, there are at least three different towers, the forum shops, Appian Way, all with bad signage. I got lost a few times.
The restaurants were great, if pricey. We went to the steakhouse, Nero's, which was delicious. We hit Mesa Grill, which we loved. We went to the Shadow Bar for drinks and Cleopatra's Barge for cocktails and dancing
We had a great time and I would recommend this hotel. I would return if necessary, but still prefer the Bellagio.

• Liked — Central strip location
  • Disliked — STRONG Smoke smell on nonsmoking floor
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank Karen H