“Our Vegas experience”

Caesars Palace
Ranked #37 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Caesars for 5 days. We have been to Vegas many times and have always stayed at the Bellagio. This time I asked my wife to stay at Caesars since she always makes a trip over to shop in the wonderful Forum shops. We both agreed that we will no longer be going back to Bellagio. The prices were higher and the experience was not nearly as satisfactory as the experience we encountered at Caesars. We felt the people were much friendlier at Caesars and we felt much more at home. The only down side is we enjoyed the company of the dealers at the table we actually lost more money just sitting and chatting with them. An overall wonderful experience. We will be back and Caesars will be our choice.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Tried to check in around 2.45pm, room wasn't ready, so had to wait. Left my bag with the bell desk, and got a call at 5.15pm that my room was finally ready. Had to go to the Front Desk and join another long line to collect my keys, then head over to Bell Desk and wait 10-15 minutes for my bag before I could get to my room. Room was ok, huge, but less fancy than I expected. Bathroom amenities were standard, but I didn't expect to pay $12 for a coffee kit for the Keurig machine. But that's Vegas, I suppose. Bed was very comfortable, water pressure and temperature were good, room was spotless. Staff was polite.
I was there to attend a conference, and I found the conference facilities- set up, food and beverage, av services etc to be top notch.
Will stay here again, but just adjust my expectations.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank CoffeeBerry
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We chose this hotel for our Christmas break and after upgrading to a "premium" room over $200 a night + $25 resort fee daily, all we got was: an ugly view of the parking lot, an extra charge of $12 to make coffee in the room and $10 charge to use WiFi (they claim it is covered in the resort fee but it is not until you give out your credit card number.)
This used to be our favorite resort/casino in Las Vegas but it has become just another corporate company that does not care about its guests. We felt unwelcomed and ripped-off for what we paid. The casino is not inviting nor fun either. Empty slot machines that do not pay anything back at all.
I do not recommend this hotel considering that there are so many other nice and modern resorts nearby to chose from.

Room Tip: Read first which amenities are covered to avoid extra charges such as to make coffee or WiFi.
3  Thank Fabio C
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Caesars is enormous. We stayed for 5 days, for a conference and I was still getting lost on the last day.
The room was huge, with beds so high I had to climb in and the bathroom was very luxurious.
The only downside to the room is the weight controlled mini bar, you can't even put your own water bottle or fruit in it without being charged. However the gentleman at reception gave us fair warning about it, which was appreciated. We also received an upgrade on check in. The check in queues were incredibly long, but moved fairly quickly.
Our room had a sort of view of the Bellagio fountains which was nice. It's in a great location and the shopping centre is well worth a look. The pool areas seemed clean and always full of people.
All staff we encountered were professional and very helpful.
When I next go to Vegas, I will definitely stay at Caesars.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

This proved to be a subpar stay. First, they screwed our booking up; we were initially supposed to get a jacuzzi tub in our room, and made us wait an extra hour and a half to get our key, come to find out they gave that room away. After some complaining we got it back though.

The pool is elegant but no hot tub?? Not to mention its in the shade during the afternoon because of the orientation of the buildings. It's really cold down there.

Overall, not the luxury we thought we were going to get.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Sloan C
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Massive hotel so it took forever to get to the rooms. Everything right on site to keep you entertained/ fed and watered. Walking distance to the other major hotels. Don't understand why the resort fee can't just be included in the room rates. Also with the resort fee you only get Internet access for one device and only in the room. Not good value!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My review on the Casino itself is wonderful. The room was clean and spacious, housekeeping were friendly (We did have one barge into the room one day at noon after I requested her to come back at 1:00pm and she started cleaning while we were trying to get ready, lol) and the view from our room was excellent. The odd thing about our room was no door to the bathroom. I found it a bit strange but the bathroom was beautiful and we did not complain. Now, the gambling at Caesars was awful! I was traveling with 3 friends and we played there most of the time since it was located in our hotel. We all 4 lost big playing everything from pennies to dollars. I do not recommend playing at Caesars. We had most luck downtown on Freemont Street in old Vegas. However, that being said, the hotel itself was great. It was a bit strange seeing hundreds of children walking around the casino floor.... Not a place for children, in my opinion.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Roman Tower. It was very nice but from what I found out, there is another tower wit...