“Forum Tower” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Moore, Oklahoma
“Forum Tower”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Good stay in the Forum Tower. Room quite nice, very clean, and up-to-date. Loved the auto curtains and the mirrored television in the bathroom as well as the nice 2 headed shower. The beds were comfortable. Housekeeping staff is efficient and quickly responsive.

The casino on the other hand leaves a lot to be desired; I miss the old days when you could count on playing for quite a while without depositing such a hefty amount. Unfortunately, Caesars Entertainment is well known for this and continuing to live up to that reputation.

Loved the fact that the Forum Tower is so close to the Forum Shops. The shops we cannot afford to shop in are excellent eye candy and there are some very nice restaurants to choose from.

We'll be back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TheBuick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,568)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Peoria, Arizona, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

My wife and I decided to stay at Caesars for our 14th anniversary on September 10-14th. We arrived at 1130 on Tuesday night and found that the Valet and bell hop was very nice and did a great job, checking in went smooth and that is where the trip turned for the worst. We get to our room at midnight and notice the door will not shut unless you slam it, no big deal so we went to bed and next morning got up and went shopping. We arrived back in our room around 5 PM and our door is open, the maid cleaned the room and did not slam the door so it was cracked open, I called and let them know and they said someone would come fix it and no one showed up so the next morning before we left called again and was told it would be fixed. Well we get back around 5 Pm the second day and it was cracked open again so I called and was told someone would come, well knowing it most likely would not happen I made a sign for the door that read PLEASE SLAM DOOR BEHIND YOU. Thursday night we stayed up until around 4AM gambling and were looking forward to sleeping in and ordering room service since we are on vacation well at 7:30 we are up due to hammering in a room next to us, luckily it was too a point where we could turn the TV on and snooze a couple hours but not the best sleep. Friday night was our last night so we decided we would stay up late and sleep in before our 5 hour drive, so we gambled all night and fell asleep around 4-5am only to be awake at 7:30-8 Am to the sound of hammering followed this time with jack hammer/ screw gun and I don't mean a battery operated screw gun it was so loud we could not tell if it was from above, below or in a room next to us. I called and and asked what was going on and was told they are working on the bath tub below us....REALLY at 7:30 on Saturday I ask? So after 3 hours of trying to get them to stop so we could get some sleep in the room we paid for to sleep in they said they would give us a late check out (so nice of them), so instead of being on the road at 11 we now get to wait until 2. Well after trying to sleep I decided that was not happening and went to play Blackjack. While I was playing I told the dealer about my nightmare and she and the pitboss said I really need to complain to the front desk because I should not have to pay for this mess and I said I really don't like complaining because I don't like looking cheap. Well I decided to say something on the way out at the front desk and the manager said that if I want the room free I should ask the pit boss to comp it since he is the one who said I should say something, and this is exactly why I did not want to say anything because I hate feeling like I am trying to get something I do not deserve. Well except for this we actually had a nice time but the way this was handled not sure if we will be spending much time back here.
Good things:
Room service was great but a little steep
Valet
Bell hop
nice gambling areas
Great shopping

Not so good:
Front desk
customer service
Operator

Sorry for the novel but I think this should be told.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the roman tower....Out dated, over priced.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Don T
TotalServiceTeam, Manager at Caesars Palace, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
We’re sorry to hear of your poor experience. We hope you will take some comfort in knowing that all customer comments are taken seriously. Your business is truly appreciated and we hope you will give us another chance to serve you again in the near future. We are confident that your next experience visiting us will be enjoyable.
manchester
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

What a disappointment. Wish I would have researched the roman tower more.
Having paid almost 2000 us dolla for our room though I was expecting something nice and ceasers should be ashamed to charge so much for such out of date dumps.

I'm now aware the roman tower is the worst to stay in and my advice would be simple dont stay in the roman tower.

Checking in was messy no line and people que jumping. We are from the uk and our flight time was changed so we ended getting to Caesars at 10am up on checking in we were told no rooms were ready until 4 but if we paid 33 dolla we could have a room.
Great customer service there Caesars there either is a room or isn't. So basically your telling me there is only a room if i pay more. Anyway we paid the 33 dolla because after a long flight all you want to do is rest up.

To the room.
What a let down. This room probably was at the hight of fashion in the 90's unfortunately it's now 2013. The tv was the old block type with awful picture quality encased in an old wooden cupboard. There is no wardrobe to hang your clothes in the room you have to hang them in the small bathroom so they get all damp. The bathroom was small with a shower that trickled out water. Every time you flushed the toilet or a neighbouring room did it made the most horrendous loud noise and if asleep wakes everyone in ajoining rooms very annoying.
The room also had interconnecting doors to the room either side so the sound proofing of the room was awful. Both these side doors and the front door had almost inch gaps under them and let in all the sound too so had to be plugged with a towel not what I expected at a 5 star.
The room however was kept clean by the maids and the bed was comfy but the pillows were so old it was embarrassing.

The casino part of the hotel was really fun as well as the shops.
Didn't try the buffet as the que was always 30 mins plus.
Caesars advertises all these pools it has but dont let this deceive you most the pools are closed private or you have to pay for a cabana. On one day only 2 of the 6 pools were available.

We were on the 5th floor and had amazing views of a brick wall.
I also counted 18 plug sockets in the room only 4 of which worked and 2 of the 5 lights also didn't work.

I did phone reception to complain and am still waiting a response ha.

Also Ice machine on our floor and 3 floors above we're broke I gave up going any higher to get ice.

My advice would be simple if you are thinking of booking the roman tower don't you will be disappointed . Our friends stayed at MGM paid Half what we did and there room blew ours out of the water.

Staff were very hit and miss too. I tended to find the younger staff very friendly and helpful but the older staff miserable and robotic, they tended to ask you a question because that is what they had been trained to do and were not interested in your reply, but in the whole staff were very good which saved us checking out and finding another hotel.

In summary 2000 dolla for a run down room with no view awful sleep thanks. If I would have a paid a couple a hundred bucks fair enough but we didn't so 1 star am sorry I will not return I only wished I would have listened to all the travel operators and previous guests telling us to stay else were " Caesars is living off past glories " uk tour operators are saying be warned Caesars your good name is getting eroded.

As for Vegas this is my second trip first being in 2009. Still an amazing fun place but the changes I observed are mid week is very quiet , a lot less people winning on slots. A lot more beggars and tramps.

Also what is it with drunken American males feeling the need to scream "YEAH" constantly very annoying that is not something I will miss. Also thought they would have banned smoking by now come on its 2013 which casino will have the balls to do it first.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank chrissymidnight
Thank you for your feedback. It was truly disheartening to hear of your dissatisfaction while you were our guest. Please accept our apology for the disappointment and inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We will work on ensuring all our guests have a memorable experience.
Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Originally booked in a basic room we got a free upgrade to a Pool View room in the Octavius tower, it is certainly worth asking at check in. I would highly recommend staying in this tower if possible as the rooms are of a very high standard and are very spacious. The hotel itself was unbelievable with everything you could ever need within the complex. The staff in the hotel were always very helpful and were happy to assist you with anything.

There are a wide variety of restaurants catering to all tastes and i would highly recommend trying Serendipity 3 for Breakfast/lunch or the Mesa Grill for an evening meal.

The Forum shopping centre which is attached to the hotel has an amazing array of shops and a number of good restaurants including the Cheesecake Factory and Joes Seafood, Prime Steak and Stone Crab which are certainly worth a visit.

All in all a really good holiday and i would highly recommend staying at Caesars Palace if staying in one of the modern towers (Augustus/Octavius)

Room Tip: Look to book in one of the more modern towers (Octavius/Augustus)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Neil H
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed at Caesars Palace for a 3 day conference. The hotel is nice, but very large. The rooms are big with a large bathroom with double vanity, separate shower and jacuzzi tub. The rooms were rather plain looking, but had floor to ceiling windows with a great view. Our room was one of the closest to the conference area, but it was still a long walk. It was a long walk to get anywhere here. There were a lot of options for dining here which was a plus. The service was great and people were friendly. What I didn't like was that everything cost extra. It was $12 to make a cup of coffee in your room with a keurig machine. All the snacks were about that price too. To use the exercise room it was $25, internet was $15 a day. The room rates here were a lot higher then surrounding hotels, but my work paid for the room so I stayed here. For the high rate, I think these things should have been included. I believe there is a resort fee you can pay per day that includes these things. I personally hate resort fees and since we were there for a conference the hotel didn't charge us the resort fee, hence we would have to pay extra for everything. The shops were very expensive. I found souvenirs at a nearby hotel for a lot less money. It was my fourth time in Vegas, and while I thought the hotel was nice, there are just as nice of hotels for less money in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Heidi S
�G|Ϗϩ��^��
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

I've been staying at caesars for years...always great ..went to check in at 11 am..no problem .we did the buffet of buffets just wonderful ..plus being so central to everything..the staff very friendly and helpful..Gordon ramseys pub was terrific....wouldent stay anywhere else marie wild ct

Room Tip: palace tower is by the pool...forum by the sports book
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank mtwild
Brea, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I visit Las Vegas three or four times a year and am always happy with my stay at Caesars Palace. Great restaurants, amazing entertainment, and tremendous action. What more could you ask for. Always a great time.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the strip or the fountains.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends