“You Have to Experience Caesars at Least Once!!!”
Review of Caesars Palace

Caesars Palace
Ranked #38 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Mantua, New Jersey
“You Have to Experience Caesars at Least Once!!!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We just visited Caesars for our second time last month, (June.) We were treated great at reception. We were given a fantastic room in the Palace Tower overlooking the pools. The room was in need of some updating, but otherwise nice. The shower door leaked so bad we needed at least six towels every time to mop up. This could be top notch if updated. The location of Caesars and access to other hotels was good. The only negatives, is this hotel is very, very smokey. The smell of cigarette smoke is awful, all throughout the hotel. Upon arriving home, my clothes still reeked. Not sure how they would fix this issue but it's horribly annoying. The other issue, is they were filming a movie while we were there an using a lot of common areas in the hotel, like the lobby and front driveway. The hotel treated us like cattle, hurding the guests in and out through roped off corridors, yelling, keep moving, don't stop, keep moving. It was very unwelcoming. I walked out the front of the hotel one morning to get a cab, and they were filming the movie in the front driveway and the cab stand was no longer there. I kept asking where I could get a cab, and two men told me to shut up, they were filming a movie, and I said, well I'm trying to get a cab, I was ignored. Other then those negatives, the hotel offers great restaurants and wonderful service. Just hope there're not filming a movie when your there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6,067)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Loveland, Ohio
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I would need a week to summarize all of the things wrong with this hotel/casino but I will touch on the points I can explain quickly. We checked in with no problem but it went downhill fast. Upon reaching the 7th floor, we were hit with a stench which smelled like sewage or vomit. The smell never did go away. During the late evening, we observed two uniform security officers using their keys to open doors quietly up and down the hallway. I didn't even ask what they were doing but I can guess. Additionally, early one morning, someone tried to access our room through the doors that adjoin each room. I discovered that the room from which they were trying to gain access was vacant. We tried to go to the pool one morning but it was packed beyond capacity. I was told that it was open to the public, first come-first serve. Another thing I didn't know until breakfast our second day was that if you use a debit card when you check it, you cannot charge anything to your room, you have to pay cash. I have stayed in hundreds of hotels, possibly thousands and I have never encountered this policy. The most ridiculous incident occurred our fourth day. We took our car from valet to go to dinner. Upon returning, we were told that "Valet is only for diamond guests" I am a lowly Platinum guest since I only spent $6000 so far on the room, meals, gambling and shows. We were told we had to use an alternative valet service down the road, which was also closed when we arrived. We had to go to a parking garage and circle for 45 minutes before fighting our way against the hundreds of other circling cars, for an open spot. The worst part was that when I asked to speak to a manager, I was greeted by a young kid who couldn't care less about my complaints. He told me that when valet gets close to capacity, they close it down except for diamond guests. I tried to explain that I was already a guest and therefore, should still have my spot in valet. He told me their valet service was first come first serve regardless of whether you were already checked in or not. So essentially, someone staying at a competing hotel who is coming to a $75 show at Caesars is a higher priority than a guest staying 9 days. I cant even fathom this business strategy. I am not surprised that they don't have the same policy for rooms. I,e, If you vacate your room for any length of time, its open to be given to someone else. I have stayed in hotels across the world and I am certainly not a tough guest to please. In my 25 years of extensive travel, I don't recall another incident where I had to complain to a manager. I was prepared to spend another $9000 during the last 5 days of our trip but I will not spend another dime here. I have heard great things about Wynn and Mandalay Bay. I encourage anybody reading this to consider every possible option before staying here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank indiedavid
San Jacinto, California
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

For the price you pay here you could stay someplace nicer on the strip. We brought the family and besides the pool not much for the kids to do. The service though was great and very friendly staff. The rooms do feel spacious and were clean.

• Stayed July 2013
Buderim, Australia
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Having stayed all around the world, I was amazed at Caesars. This is absolutely stunning in every way and loved every part of the stay, with the exception of wifi charges. Rooms are massive, bathrooms massive, beautifully finished, superb pools, superb buffet restaurant - IT IS WORTH THE WAIT - and everything that comes with Vegas. Check in and out was quite slow but this is a massive hotel. The newer tower has newer rooms - all in all though there is not a massive difference. I cannot wait to go back to Vegas and this hotel is simply first class.

Room Tip: New towers have new rooms. Rooms facing the main drag are noisy.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Anth B
BC
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed in the Roman Tower just recently. The bedroom was clean and spacious. We had a bit of a view of the strip which was nice. We used the pools several times. They were probably one of the best parts about the hotel. Having the Forum Shops attached were a great bonus as well. Our only complaint had to deal with the wi-fi, or lack there of. It was a bit of a gong show attempting to sort it out, but at the end of the day the hotel made it right which saved the holiday for me. Staff were friendly, the restaurant selection was excellent. We loved going to Payards for chocolate croissants every morning. I would definitely consider staying here again on our next trip to Las Vegas.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lancashire
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Having visited the other hotels on the strip we agreed that this was the best in terms of location and ambience. Saying that, very expensive drinks and food, smell of cigarette smoke and the amount of smoking in general was a shock. It's very, very busy. Staff are proffesional but not "Florida" friendly. Stayed in Forum Tower rooms and bathroom are large with plenty of storage space but furniture is a little battered. Would certainly recommend the hotel complex and had an amazing time but left feeling that every opportunity to squeeze another dollar out of you was taken

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Mschief
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed July 12, 2013

While Caesar's Palace may not be the most opulent casino hotel on the strip, it is a beautiful place to stay and provides most everything you could want for a Vegas vacation. It is ideally positioned on the Strip, so that the Mirage, the Venetian, Paris, and the Bellagio are easily walkable, even in 117 degree heat!
Having used the spas in many casinos in Vegas, I prefer the spa at Caesar's to the others. The Roman baths are relaxing, and using the ice room after the steam room is divine.
The pool at Caesar's is loud, so if you are someone who wants to read a book in a quiet environment, it is not for you (Bellagio has a more sedate pool environment).
Shows are excellent; there are always big name headliners there. We saw Absinthe, a smaller production show with acrobats and comedy, and thoroughly enjoyed the raunchy humor.
There are many dining choices. I thought the Mesa was only so-so, but Rao's delivers, as do many others.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends