“Convenient”

GreenLeadersGold level
Sydney, Australia
“Convenient”
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in th palace tower on a conference in early November. The checkin was fine and like a lot of big hotels in LV there was a general feeling of disorganization. The room was large and reasonably well equipped. The worst thing about Caesars is the smell. The "appian way" hallway and the hallway to the palace tower smelled very funky. A mixture of vomit and alcohol; this did not improve over 5 days! As mentioned before, there is no included wifi or gym access which is a vegas standard-it would keep people out of the casino! The garden of the gods pool area is nice and a good place to get some fresh air. It is a relatively convenient location in LV. Central in the strip and makes excursions north and south easy. The forum shops are attached and have the usual big brands. All in all, I wouldn't stay here again unless it was on a discounted/conference rate.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank spiderpig01

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,721)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Great hotel with awesome access to everything. Right in the center of the Vegas world. From the simplicity of the check-in to the food services, it's all here in one place. Shopping, dining, entertainment... heck The Hangover III was just filming while I was there in November.

3 Thank monmouthprof
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My friend and I stayed at this hotel and I have to say for the price, there are better options out there. We were in the Roman Towers. Room was old, rundown but we were happy to see it was relatively clean. You could tell these rooms were the very best 20+ years ago. Now not so much. The walls were paper thin so we could hear the family with young kids right next to us.
There are a lot of newer, nicer hotels in the middle of the strip. I would recommend trying one of those first especially for the price you pay. The food choices and lounges were okay but we often went to other places.
Concierge service I must say was excellent. They were very helpful when we had a few questions.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Canad85
elkins park
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Caesars was nice and plush. Since I also stayed at MGM, I can compare the two. The beds were a little more firm--I think too firm for my taste but the bathroom was FANTASTIC! I love the deep tub and the seperate shower and yes the wonderful double sinks! Lovely!! Maid servie--someone needs to tell her to clean the room. I wasnt too happy with the maid servie but everything elese was wonderful. The concierge definitely gave their A game and gave me and my sister some wonderful places to tour and eat and they even handled the reservations! Absolutely wonderful!! A plus!

Room Tip: Stay in the new wing--its quiet! I believe it was the Octavious wing of the hotel! Yes 55th floor or...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank ctaneka
Izumo, Japan
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed at the hotel 2 nights in early November. The hotel is located at northwest corner of Four Corners at Strip area, where is very convenient for us to have a sightseeing many large hotels around here. Our stayed room was luxury suite room in Forum Tower. We could stay very comfortable. But, many towers in the large hotel made us getting lost on way back from our room. Very popular Buffet in the hotel made us waiting for 1-2 hours at dinner time. I found south side towers blocked sunlight from almost pool area, I thought it may appropriate to protect sunburns for long time swimming.

2 Thank nobuhirokodani
Pemberton, Canada
Reviewed November 13, 2012

It was my first time staying in Vegas and my boyfriends third. When we first checked in we were offered an upgrade but declined... Once we saw our room in the Roman Tower we made the decision to take the upgrade. Our room in the Roman Tower smelled like an ashtray even though it was a non-smoking room, it had very torn carpets and ripped sheets. Apparently this tower is being renovated soon and heaven knows it needs it. We upgraded ($50 more per night) to the Palace tower and the room was night and day different. Large and spacious with couch, jetted bath tub and excellent view of the pool. I was surprised how quiet it was at night and the black out curtains were welcome. The biggest downside of our stay was that the main pool closed the day we arrived (for the season) even though it was 30 degrees Celsius and the pool was in high demand, getting a place to sit was near impossible and depending on which cabana boy you spoke to the cabanas a ranged from $150 for all day to $250 for 2 hours. Although this hotel was nice enough the customer service wasn't great in fact there wasn't much in the way of customer service at all.

3 Thank DaniinBC
Nashville, TN USA
Reviewed November 12, 2012

While the location and activities are awesome, I did not find the basic hotel functions to be so great.
The checkin time was rigidly held to, and my coworkers who stayed at other hotels had no problems with early checkin.
Check in lines are disorganized which gave other the opportuntity to slip ahead of their turn.
The number of staff at check in was never as many as I felt it should have been as I passed by 6-8 times during the visit.
Room was comfortable in Forum Tower. Bathroom was very large with nice shower.
Housekeeping consistently cleaned the room extremely late in the day which was annoying.
There was a fee for internet.
Room rate was excellent via a package deal, but a one day extension was almost double the price.
I would try another place next time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business