“Budget Suites At WYNN; Home SWEET Home!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Budget Suites of America Tropicana I-15

We can't find prices for this hotel
Budget Suites of America Tropicana I-15
Ranked #201 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Budget Suites At WYNN; Home SWEET Home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

This IS Our HOME, Away From Our HOME!! We LOVE IT!! NO UTILTY BILLS (including Phone, Cable with SHOWTIME & MOVIE CHANEL & TCM) AND They Come With OR Without...FURNITURE.. But, GREAT NEW MATTRESSES, NEW SOFAS, 32"HDTV, Built-in MICROWAVES!! PLUS A GREAT STAFF, And MANAGEMENT, Too!!! The POOL is 80 Degrees, YEAR ROUND!! Also 2, Count'em 2, LARGE HOT TUBS... Year Round!! 2 LAUNDRY ROOMS, with Vending Snacks & Drinks, too! MOST Of The Tenants, at least that we have met, Have Lived Here For In EXCESS of 3 YEARS!! And, Most MUCH Longer! THAT SPEAKS "VOLUMES" About the Property, Amenities, And The Staff, Too!! WE Recommend It, and They (in case you forget something) SELL Pans, Sheets, Dishes, Etc. At The Office, Too! It Is Located VERY CLOSE To "THE ORLEANS" Hotel & Casino, ACROSS THE STREET.. Well, A Block Up The Street! It Is LESS THAN 2 MILES, TO THE STRIP; with Bus Stop, Right Out Front!! If You Care About That Sort Of Thing! There Are Convenience Stores & Gas Stations, REALLY CLOSE!! There Are GROCERY STORES, About 3 Miles West, Right ON Tropicana, the street that the "Budget Suites Of America" @ WYNN, Is Located! At night, BEAUTIFUL VIEW OF STRIP CASINOS (Day Too, I Guess), & Comes In HANDY, when there are FIREWORKS, Especially From The 3rd Floor!! There IS A Full Time Security Crew & The Management & Staff. They WATCH Who Checks In & WHAT They Are UP to, EVEN Have You Sign A Permission To Check Form, For Warrants, Both Local & FBI, WHEN YOU CHECK IN... So, CRIME IS Kept To A MINIMUM, VERY LOW!! We Feel Very SAFE HERE!! We WOULD RECOMMEND IT!

Room Tip: third floor facing east for great view of Strip at night!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank Stacy H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

Of course, this experience would be no different than all the other extended stays in Las Vegas. First off, management intention is to mislead or at least in my case, it was. I initially walked in and tried to book a top floor unit. I was told that it wasn't any available, but before I had a chance to walk away, asst mgr decided to step in and begin the misleading. She said that she had a 2nd floor CLEAN room available that she had no COMPLAINTS about the resident above cause the person was elderly. First Lie, that the room was clean, Second Lie, that there was an elderly resident and no Complaints. I found out after the consistent noise disturbances I had encountered at all hours of the day, that there were two gentlemen who lived in the unit above. Initially during reservation, I had asked the mgr, if a top floor became available and I had complaints, would I be able to switch and I was given the approval. So, when I had decided to complain and asked to be switched...I was told by management (Jon) that it wouldn't be possible unless I pay a $75.00 transfer fee. So, I decided to call the corporate office (702-456-1606) and speak to the executive asst and complain about Jon. Next thing, I was getting a call from Jon and switched rooms to the upper level the next day. When I walked into that room, same problem( the room was unsanitary once again). Other issue was consistent noise all hours from(staff/guests). Alot of sketchy characters at the complex watching you move in and following you all hours of the evening. I was approached disrespectfully by a courtesy patrol officer asking me if I lived there and asking me for ID and my key and my room number. I complained to Management and nothing was done....so I reported to Corporate office and the corporate office handled management for me. I was approached one evening by another tenant and got into an altercation and they threatened to slice my throat and brought out a knife. Mgmt never followed up on the problem. Then when I was approached by another tenant at the complex and ended up having an argument and I was told by mgmt that I would have to vacate the unit asap. I was so upset because not only did they not investigate the threat that I encountered but they chose to side with another tenant about another argument. I believe it was because I had called corporate several times to make complaints on their management.

If you want to know about the filth in the rooms, rooms had insect bugs, couch was stained, oven surface was greasy, appliances were worned out and old. The floors in the kitchen and bathroom were sticky and full of grime....the list goes on!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
25 Thank chantay12

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Allways wanted to move to vegas and staying here at the bugget suits was a very very big mistake. im a non smoker and smelled smoke when i first walked into the rooms, they had no non smokng so i figured it would go away with fabreeze and with the windows open for a few hours but was wrong after paying a month in advance. i woke up the next day with my 15 year old son with a sore throat and blood from blowing our noses. this place should have non smoking rooms like most others for convenence yet not at all. this place was hell the next day, the couch was heavly stained and dirty, i missed this because it was brown in color wich was completely stained. i looked around and noticed the carpet had alot of spilled stains also so i called the office about this and they had a truck over the next day to shampoo wich was the fastest shampooing ive ever seen, they just went over it once like a wet mop. the couch was not cleaned yet john said they dont clean them so will throw it in garbage and put in a new one. the saturation of smoke upon the wood floors were very dirty also that the both of us could not bare it anymore, i called the office that we were going to another place to stay because of everything and no responce. we both slept in the car overnite in front of the office hopeing they will get the seriousness of this ordeal. that morning john had no remorse for us being sick and parking in front of his office, he just repeated telling me about the other suit that was also smoked out and our refund will take 10 days and needed an address to send refund yet not up to him if there will be a refund check. so that whole day i left the windows open and sprayed fabreeze. we had no choice but to stay. i got up that night to go to the bathroom turned on the light and seen a 2 to 3 inch spider run out from under the couch (what the hell) i checked under the couch and seen another, (omg) so i put the couch out side because of the smell and most likely more of those big spiders. that next day the manager (john) had the nerve to ask me why did i put the couch out side. 3rd day no new couch yet manager had another suite available yet it wouldnt be ready for two days, really.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
12 Thank liltroy64
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

I noticed that most reviews were not recent so I decided that I needed to give a review. We accidentally stumbled upon Budget Suites when we came into town, the place we were suppose to initially stay closed at 4 pm, so we stopped in hoping for a room for the night. We were told we would have to stay for a week, which was fine with us, thinking we would just move to the other property at that time. We have been here about a month and we LOVE it. We are in a two bedroom with our daughter and cat with a view of the mountains and the Strip. We all have enough room. The beds are comfortable. The property is clean. The staff is super!! (Love Elise and Doris!) The pool and hot-tubs are very nice and we enjoy them at least once a day. Security is always visible and accessible, any problems are dealt with quickly. Love this property and have no plans to leave until at least the spring. We have made some great friends here. Affordable and Convenient to the Strip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
10 Thank LasVegas89103
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

Just read some of the reviews of this complex, and felt that I had to offer my opinion.

We have stayed at the complex at least three times, always when we were in town for longer than two weeks. Last time was probably 5 years ago.

The price of the apartments is so low that they can halve the cost of staying in Vegas.

We have been there with various family / friends coming over and have had up to four apartments at the same time.

The apartments are clean and friendly and the grounds, swimming pools and hot tubs are great.

Yes you do have to supply towels, sheets etc but we found that we could nip to Wal-Mart and buy all these for a few dollars and just leave them when we left.

We have always found the office staff friendly and efficient and the grounds people especially keep the place beautifully, (when we were there last time they had turned off the fountains around the complex, because of the concerns for water conservation, rain falling on the wrong side of the Rockies apparently, but even so the grounds are really nice).

One of the reviewers said that they were afraid to go out the building, we never found that and walked when we could, its an easy 5 minutes walk to the Orleans, or Mc Mullins, and there is or was a really nice local bar really close called the Back street bar, (this was a gay bar but we as couples were welcomed and treated really well, the bar itself is beautiful, polished wood dance floor and a grand pool table).

The people who lived in the other apartments either lived there after first arriving to work in Vegas or were retried people especially the snow birds as they call them, mainly Canadians down to escape the winter cold up there.

We had absolutely no problems with any neighbour, no noise or rubbish problems. Everyone treated the place with respect.

There is a free bus that takes people into strip or even shopping if they want them too.

Is it basic yes but comfortable, and lots of local restaurants delivered to your door.

Tropicana west is a good road away from the strip you cross over I15, and you have a number of takeaway outlets and a gambling hall who’s name I forget but keep going past The Orleans, and you have restaurants, supermarkets etc and you can carry on out toward Red Rock Canyon.

All in all a great Vegas base for exploring.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Caroline_andy1
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

Stayed at Budget Suite Tropicanna for about a month and I have to say, for what I paid it was value for money. I found the staff most helpful (Kelly and ? dang I knew I should of written this as soon as I left, I forgot her name, brunette - she was efficient and friendly).

I was asked what rooms were my preference, had none so I was directed to a third storey level - single room, sitting room with kitchen and attached restroom/bathroom. Place was neat, neutral coloured and had a flat screen tv (which you pay for - $2.00 a week? Can't remember specifics lol). Hiring a microwave is $5.00 a week, although I've heard you can buy one online for $20.00 or less.

As it's Vegas, yes the rooms smell like the smoker who lived there before you. I did try the frebreeze routine (non smoker here) for two days and followed up with a request for room change. Was explain all rooms are smoking rooms so they couldn't guarantee meadow fresh, but the first room they showed me had barely noticeable smokers smell so I moved. Their flexibility was appreciated as it looked quite busy. I also paid for wireless net access for a month ($20.00) and could hop on my laptop once I worked out what connection to hook up too.

Did not see any cockroaches or insects, all I saw was a well kept place.

Spa and pools were clean and kept an eye on, something I could vouch for as my friends kids who came to visit me got directed out of the spa as two of them were under the age of 18. Fair enough and the staff were polite. I did see their security march around a few times and the police/ fire engines did visit a couple of times during my stay but honestly... I didn't hear any trouble and I just felt safe. Single female traveller here :P

Everytime I left my room I seem to see someone doing maintanence or cleaning up, there's a real feeling of pride. Laundry room was easy to use, I got a card from the office and topped it up and it cost like $1.50 a wash, don't quote me on that. Although you have to make sure you clean out the lint thingee in the dryer and look inside, one or two have spinning things missing which can catch your clothes.

Location: I personally think one of the best things about this place is it's a very short walk from the strip. I use to walk up the road all the time.While I may have met the odd homeless looking figure on the corner of the road while I was waiting to cross, they were always polite or said nothing at all. As it's a busy road (Tropicanna) it never bothered me that someone might jump out and donk me, as it's not a secluded area. About a five to eight minute walk to the strip - Closest casino Exchaliber and New York, New york - however you spell it.

Buses run down tropicanna every 30 minutes or so, at least that's the impression I got ... but why bus? WALK, walk, WALK ...

Thank you budgets, as a foreigner in the USA, I found my time with you relaxed and enjoyable. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: MUST DOS: First Friday once a month go to First Friday in the art district, enjoy the art, food and...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
13 Thank Nikita A
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

Stayes here for 6 weeks from 20th March 2011

Not sure why there are negative reveiws about this place, If people would do their own ground work they would know exactly what they are getting

You are renting an appartment, with kitchen, bedroom, bathroom and dining area
You will need (unless you pay extra) Bedding, Cutlery, Crockery, Kitchen utensils, Towels

This place is called BUDGET for a reason
If you want 'bells and whistles' go stay at the Bellagio

Anyway, onto my review.....

Excellent location, just a couple of bus stops to the strip. In the other direction, just a couple of stops to the Orleans

Appartment was clean
Bed was comfortable
Service was friendly
Front desk/office/internet space closed from Midnight to 06:30 - once you know this its not a problem
McDonalds, Subway, Wendys, mexican all within a few mins walk

I would recomend anyone staying in Vegas for longer than 2 weeks to consider the Budget Suites of America properties

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo