“2012 Stay ...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Budget Suites of America Tropicana I-15

We can't find prices for this hotel
Budget Suites of America Tropicana I-15
Ranked #201 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“2012 Stay ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

Stayed at Budget Suite Tropicanna for about a month and I have to say, for what I paid it was value for money. I found the staff most helpful (Kelly and ? dang I knew I should of written this as soon as I left, I forgot her name, brunette - she was efficient and friendly).

I was asked what rooms were my preference, had none so I was directed to a third storey level - single room, sitting room with kitchen and attached restroom/bathroom. Place was neat, neutral coloured and had a flat screen tv (which you pay for - $2.00 a week? Can't remember specifics lol). Hiring a microwave is $5.00 a week, although I've heard you can buy one online for $20.00 or less.

As it's Vegas, yes the rooms smell like the smoker who lived there before you. I did try the frebreeze routine (non smoker here) for two days and followed up with a request for room change. Was explain all rooms are smoking rooms so they couldn't guarantee meadow fresh, but the first room they showed me had barely noticeable smokers smell so I moved. Their flexibility was appreciated as it looked quite busy. I also paid for wireless net access for a month ($20.00) and could hop on my laptop once I worked out what connection to hook up too.

Did not see any cockroaches or insects, all I saw was a well kept place.

Spa and pools were clean and kept an eye on, something I could vouch for as my friends kids who came to visit me got directed out of the spa as two of them were under the age of 18. Fair enough and the staff were polite. I did see their security march around a few times and the police/ fire engines did visit a couple of times during my stay but honestly... I didn't hear any trouble and I just felt safe. Single female traveller here :P

Everytime I left my room I seem to see someone doing maintanence or cleaning up, there's a real feeling of pride. Laundry room was easy to use, I got a card from the office and topped it up and it cost like $1.50 a wash, don't quote me on that. Although you have to make sure you clean out the lint thingee in the dryer and look inside, one or two have spinning things missing which can catch your clothes.

Location: I personally think one of the best things about this place is it's a very short walk from the strip. I use to walk up the road all the time.While I may have met the odd homeless looking figure on the corner of the road while I was waiting to cross, they were always polite or said nothing at all. As it's a busy road (Tropicanna) it never bothered me that someone might jump out and donk me, as it's not a secluded area. About a five to eight minute walk to the strip - Closest casino Exchaliber and New York, New york - however you spell it.

Buses run down tropicanna every 30 minutes or so, at least that's the impression I got ... but why bus? WALK, walk, WALK ...

Thank you budgets, as a foreigner in the USA, I found my time with you relaxed and enjoyable. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: MUST DOS: First Friday once a month go to First Friday in the art district, enjoy the art, food and...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
13 Thank Nikita A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

Stayes here for 6 weeks from 20th March 2011

Not sure why there are negative reveiws about this place, If people would do their own ground work they would know exactly what they are getting

You are renting an appartment, with kitchen, bedroom, bathroom and dining area
You will need (unless you pay extra) Bedding, Cutlery, Crockery, Kitchen utensils, Towels

This place is called BUDGET for a reason
If you want 'bells and whistles' go stay at the Bellagio

Anyway, onto my review.....

Excellent location, just a couple of bus stops to the strip. In the other direction, just a couple of stops to the Orleans

Appartment was clean
Bed was comfortable
Service was friendly
Front desk/office/internet space closed from Midnight to 06:30 - once you know this its not a problem
McDonalds, Subway, Wendys, mexican all within a few mins walk

I would recomend anyone staying in Vegas for longer than 2 weeks to consider the Budget Suites of America properties

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
15 Thank Shaun S
Bad Vacation Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2008

Once you give them your credit card.....it's over! Very bad experience! Oh, and everything is an extra charge. Even towels, pillows, blankets, and even an extra key! Cleaning fee, internet fee, dishes fee, and leave your license to borrow an iron! You even have to sign forms for everything. Even to get a remote for the TV and have to take it back to them when you check out! (the buttons on the TV don't work so once again,, no choice! They also don't tell you that you have to give them a copy of your drivers license, plus your Social Security number. Once your standing at the desk to check in with your reservation and they demand this info or you can't stay, it's not fair. Your also past the cancelation policy time so you have no choice. The office is not even open 24 hours a day, so good luck if you need anything after hours. Do your self a favor and just STAY SOME WHERE ELSE!

Stayed April 2008
9 Thank BadTimeHere

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2004

When we reached budget suites of america, I was told my balance was 1,788, Over the phone reservations made by tomorrow I was told it was 1.688 and I paid 100.00 deposit everytime I called for confirmation i was told I didn,t need one, when I spoke to the manager at budget suites, she said Tomorrow made a mistake, also maid service was 60.00 a week, which consisted of puttin clean sheets on the bed after several phone calls to get this done. I went out and bought a broom, mop and glass cleaner and did my own cleaning. One sunday it was cleaned very good, I looked all over for the young man that cleaned it so I could give him a tip, and also there were no refunds or else I would have gone to another hotel. I was very dissappointed, I could have saved 60.00 a week which I oonly received service one time. It's too bad because it wasn't a bad apartment. By the way we stayed there from December 26th until January 25th> thank you for reading this. Respectfully Gloria Costello.We stayed at budget suites at 3655 west tropicana.Las vegas

18 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2004

My friend and I just got back from five days and four nights at the tropacana. We had a ball. The slots were loose help very friendly The entertainment was fantastic and everyone should go see the free air play that they perform six times a day. We received many comps and we had a problem with the hot water not turning off and called them at one in the morning and it was fixed within ten min. We will be going back there next year and staying at the tropacana.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2003

We have stayed at this Budget Suites twice. And Would stay again if we got into Las Vegas a day ahead of our arrival date at another hotel. The price is right and check in is as early as you like. The rooms are clean but are inneed of a few renovations. We liked it because it has a kitchenett with stove and fridge. Pool was nice and they also have a coin laundry. Not a bad place to stay if you are driving to Las Vegas as it is off the strip, but it is next door to a 7-11 and a McDonalds so you can't go wrong. The staff make your stay very enjoyable.

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member