“Couldn't breathe in the gambling area of the hotel”

Boulder Station Hotel and Casino
Ranked #129 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
“Couldn't breathe in the gambling area of the hotel”
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

you smell like smoke and there's no way to get rid of it the ventilation in the hotel definitely needs to be fixed and there's no way to get rid of it the ventilation in the hotel definitely needs to be fixed I understand that it's good for business for them to be full of customers and clients however they need to do something with the smoke

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
Redlands, California
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Good sized room with two queen beds, which were very comfortable. I stayed four nights over Thanksgiving while visiting relatives in the area; this is the fourth time I've stayed here and am always satisfied with the accomodations. Very quiet rooms, smoke free a plus. If you are able to book in advance they usually have good deals year round. Several restaurants on the property including a buffet, a coffee shop, steak house, Mexican restaurant and a pasta place, with reasonable prices. Burger King, Starbucks, Winchell's and Subway also in the casino area. Loads of parking, withover 40 handicap spots adjacent to the hotel tower. There is also a Kids Zone and a multiscreen Regal Theater and a nice gift shop. Only draw-back to staying here is that is several miles to The Strip so a car is a must. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: The even numbered rooms look out over downtown Las Vegas, several miles away and the mountains beyon...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
South Central Orange County, CA
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My wife, two daughters, and I oftentimes use Las Vegas as a stop-over on the way to Utah or Northern Arizona or as base camp from which to visit other parts of Nevada. I mention this to emphasize that Boulder Station served well as our base camp for two nights and not as our vacation destination. If you are looking for the glitz and glam of Las Vegas in your hotel choice, move on to a more expensive 4 or 5 star location.

Our room with two queen beds met our needs. It was clean and adequately roomy, and it had a decent TV we barely used. The room temperature stayed comfortable both day and night. Before booking our room I read previous travelers reviews here and on other sites, so I knew to expect noise from other rooms. I brought ear plugs, so I did not hear the noisy neighbors in the room next door who arrived late and spoke only in "outside voices" (as my first grader's teacher would say). I'm the light sleeper in the family, but the following morning my wife and older daughter told me about all the commotion I missed. I found it odd that I couldn't access the hotel's Wi-Fi from my room, but I got fine reception down in the lobby and in the buffet. Our beds were firm but not uncomfortable.

The lobby and casino are indeed smoky. Every hotel lobby I have visited in Vegas that is connected to a casino smells smoky. If this is a problem for you, it would be better to go to a hotel that has the front desk separated from the casino. The smoke did not bother us in the buffet, though, and it did not reach our room.

The bottom line is that the Boulder Station is decent lodging at an economy price (at times less than the nearby Motel 6). If you can stand the smoke in the lobby and the noise from the neighbors, it is well worth the average of $40 per night we paid including the $12.99 resort fee and taxes. The inexpensive buffet downstairs made preparing for and returning from our day out at Valley of Fire State Park convenient.

The good:
* Convenient location
* Decent buffet breakfast for $4.99 and dinner for $9.99 (with free Station Preferred Card)
* Clean, specious rooms
* Low price

The bad:
* Smoky lobby
* Noisy neighbors
* Can't access Wi-Fi from room (can in the buffet and casino, though)

Room Tip: Higher rooms facing west allow a view of the strip hotels
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Shiroh
Los Angeles
Reviewed November 15, 2012

My wife and I had never stayed at Boulder Station, but we have stayed at Palace Station (they belong to same company) and enjoyed it, and we wanted to change it up on this trip. (We drive in from Los Angeles to Vegas almost every 4-5 weeks)
The price we paid was in our opinion excellent for the room! It appears all the rooms have been completely redone in the past year (an employee mentioned that) and they are all in a tower. We had seen the photos online before we booked, and the photos accurately showed what the rooms look like. (Unlike so many other properties we have experienced in the past)
What we REALLY enjoyed was the restaurants 9They are set-up in a row much like many strip hotels) and the gaming.
The casino is HUGE and it offered all the gaming options one could possibly want, and despite it being a weekend, as busy as it was, we never felt like we had to fight the crowd to play anywhere.
We ate at The Broiler and had steaks and seafood, and at Pasta Cucina. Both meals were as good as anything we had experienced for more money on the strip.
We also liked the fact that Boulder isn't that big a hotel (I think they have 300 rooms in change) and the hotel almost gave us a feeling of being a boutique hotel with all the best that Vegas has to offer.
We drove to the strip one night (to see a show), it was 10 minutes away and easy.
If you are looking for a great getaway, good rooms, great food, great gaming, and it doesn't have to be "on the strip", we highly recommend Boulder.
The Feast Buffet there...befire we forget! It is a HUGE buffet as big as many of the mega-resort properties in town, at great prices and the food was terrific!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed for the USA stop of the IRB Sevens. It was my first trip to Vegas, I wasn't sure what to expect so I went cheap. =) The hotel is known as local-friendly, which is code for everyone smokes 2.5 packs a day inside. The smell was overwhelming in the public areas, but the rooms were smoke-free at least. I survived the weekend on hotel pizza, stadium kettlecorn and splurged on room service my final night, which was execellent. The hotel and casino staff were all very accomodating and friendly. I played a lot of video poker and penny slots to kill time before going by shuttle to Sam Boyd Stadium for matches each day. The machines were fairly loose, but by Sunday I think they had gotten everything back. I never set foot on the Strip but I had a great time.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Granada Hills, CA
Reviewed October 28, 2012

It was off the strip, but we got such a good deal, we couldn't pass it up. The only complaint was the difficulty of getting on the internet. We only got on one of four days and only with many phone calls and service help. Felt ripped off with paying a resort fee that was supposed to include service. The Feast buffet was included daily and had a great variety. It was Oktoberfest, so they had kraut in a couple of different dishes. Plenty of garage and open parking.

Room Tip: We were on the mountain side, wish we had asked for the strip side. I don't know how much time...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nelsons4christ
Terrell, TX
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We have been coming to Boulder Station for 15 years and have noticed the last 2 years a decline in service and hospitality. The rooms are not as clean as in the past and they have installed motion sensors on the A/C units--the rooms stay HOT!!! The Casino is hot and uncomfortable because the management WILL NOT turn down the A/C temp. The property used to be a good place to stay, but not anymore!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple