“USA Sevens, Boulder Station”

Boulder Station Hotel and Casino
Ranked #129 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Baltimore, Maryland
“USA Sevens, Boulder Station”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed for the USA stop of the IRB Sevens. It was my first trip to Vegas, I wasn't sure what to expect so I went cheap. =) The hotel is known as local-friendly, which is code for everyone smokes 2.5 packs a day inside. The smell was overwhelming in the public areas, but the rooms were smoke-free at least. I survived the weekend on hotel pizza, stadium kettlecorn and splurged on room service my final night, which was execellent. The hotel and casino staff were all very accomodating and friendly. I played a lot of video poker and penny slots to kill time before going by shuttle to Sam Boyd Stadium for matches each day. The machines were fairly loose, but by Sunday I think they had gotten everything back. I never set foot on the Strip but I had a great time.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
Granada Hills, CA
Reviewed October 28, 2012

It was off the strip, but we got such a good deal, we couldn't pass it up. The only complaint was the difficulty of getting on the internet. We only got on one of four days and only with many phone calls and service help. Felt ripped off with paying a resort fee that was supposed to include service. The Feast buffet was included daily and had a great variety. It was Oktoberfest, so they had kraut in a couple of different dishes. Plenty of garage and open parking.

Room Tip: We were on the mountain side, wish we had asked for the strip side. I don't know how much time...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nelsons4christ
Terrell, TX
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We have been coming to Boulder Station for 15 years and have noticed the last 2 years a decline in service and hospitality. The rooms are not as clean as in the past and they have installed motion sensors on the A/C units--the rooms stay HOT!!! The Casino is hot and uncomfortable because the management WILL NOT turn down the A/C temp. The property used to be a good place to stay, but not anymore!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lakeville, Minnesota
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Rent a car and save your money from staying on the strip. The hotels and restraunts are way overpriced. You can still drive to the strip and park for free, but why waiste money on hotels three to four times the cost of Boulder Station. Drive a couple of miles to the strip if you want
to explore. Boulder station has reasonable priced restraunts and a great casino. I would stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Olddog1949
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I did not select this place. It was selected beforehand for a reunion. If you need to rely on a cab for transportation and are only in Vegas for gambling and smoking then this place is for you if you are on a very low budget. BUT if it is your first time to Vegas do not be tempted by the low price. This place is an absolute dive. It overwhelms you with smoke the second you walk in with stale smell of smoke even in the non-smoking area. The check in process was simple but the noise from the casino area made it difficult to hear. When we opened the door to our room it was clearly not cleaned from the previous occupant. My husband and I decided to go to the hospitality room and wait there for awhile. Upon returning an hour and a half later it still was not cleaned and I asked house keeping close by about it but was unable to communicate due to language barrier. I then went to the desk and explained the situation which confused them so I ultimately had to ask for another room.
If you are out of town and will use cabs be aware from airport one way ours was about $30 and to the strip one way about $25-30. Our total cab bill was about $180 almost the same as our room total. If you are a non-smoker do not even think of staying here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Rose V

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

So Cal
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I booked this place for one night before a two night stay at a motel on the Strip, and thought the price was right, though for $13, the resort fee should allow me to use more devices on their Internet. I chose this place over Sam's Town.

Anyway, the room was comfortable and very nice. The hotel was decent and had a lot of stuff. Unfortunately, my friend and I didn't do much other than sleep one night before we moved to the Strip, and didn't get to try their buffet and other restaurants.

One funny thing that occurred during my stay was two liquored up white trash guys started fighting in the parking lot, and then tackled to the ground by security in one minute. I figure that these domestic violence prone people are all over town, so it probably isn't too surprisingly I saw it happening like an episode of COPS...however, I doubt I would see these folk doing this at Bellagio, Wynn or a slightly nicer casino on LV Blvd.

If I had to do it again, I would try ST since they are comparable, but this place isn't bad at all.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Temecula, California, United States
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We needed a room for 1 night and this place was pretty good. We went on Latino music night or something. Won a little there so we may go back again. Overall for the price was not a bad casino. It's far from strip but close to movie theaters and low price food.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple