This hotel needs help !
Our first room had many problems that could not be resolved, so we changed rooms. The second room had many of the same issues.
Their website claims the following amenities include:
Hairdryers - Not in all rooms and none available from the front desk
Iron & Ironing Boards - Not in all rooms and none available from the front desk
Kitchens not clean - food, trash and drugs left in the shelves
Many towels were dingy yellow with brown stains
One frayed towel had a large hole in it. I turned it into the front desk on day 2 and assumed that it would be thrown out - WRONG! The same towel, or one just as bad, returned to my room on day 6.
Furniture was falling apart and shaky
Telephone didn't work
Mold covered the shower walls
Carpet edges loose with carpet tacks protruding upwards
Re-occurring problems with getting enough towels from our maid service - and, at times, none were available from the front desk
And some additional surprises upon check-in:
If you want a microwave in your kitchen - That's $10 extra
If you want dishes and utensils in your kitchen - that's also $10 extra
And there is also a $2.95 per day fee for using the television, pool and telephone
Extra blankets were not available from the front desk in the evening (they don't have the key to housekeeping)
Non-smoking room smelled of smoke.
Regarding management, Dyan, the front desk supervisor, tried very hard to correct the issues and was embarrassed by some of the problems. However, I think these issues are re-occurring and beyond her control.
Mary, the manager, wasn't sympathetic to the issues and had the attitude that she was doing me a favor to assist at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With spacious and comfortable suites one block off The Strip and two blocks from the Convention Center, The Rita Suites offers a quiet refuge in the heart of Las Vegas action and excitement. Make yourself comfortable for a day, a week or a month in our all-suite hotel. Enjoy at-home amenities like full kitchen with refrigerator, stove and oven, separate bedroom with walk-in closet, free wireless access, free local and long distance phone calls and two satellite TV's in each suite! Check out the Las Vegas nightlife, shopping and exciting activities just around the corner from The Rita Suites. A five minute walk brings you to The Wynn and Encore Las Vegas, The Riviera Casino or Fashion Show Mall. If you're in town for a convention, we are a short walk from the Las Vegas Convention Center. Savor delicious meals at nearby Las Vegas landmark restaurants such as The Peppermill, Piero's Italian Cuisine and Circus Circus Steakhouse or take advantage of the free shuttle to Lindo Michoacan Mexican Restaurant. Don't leave Las Vegas without visiting Flyaway Indoor Skydiving one block from The Rita Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and Hotel.de so you can book your The Rita Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blair House Hotel Las Vegas
- Blair Hotel Las Vegas
- Blair House Las Vegas
- Blair House Suite Las Vegas