“Don't walk away...RUN!!!!!!”

Ranked #153 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Calgary, Alberta
“Don't walk away...RUN!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2009

Where to start. I had booked at this hotel because of a recommendation from a co-worker. A BIG MISTAKE! I booked here because I was told that it was a great value ($40). "Stay 3 nights and the fourth is free".

We arrived. There was no vehicles in the parking lot. The cab driver didn't know where it was. We needed to give him a map of how to get there.

When we walked into the front office and told them who we were it went fairly smooth. I had asked them to give me a kitchenette suite when I had booked for $40. When I arrived they said that it would be $50 for a "Deluxe Suite". (Newly renovated Kitchenette Suite) OK . I was too tired to argue. We took it anyway. When we walked into the courtyard, it looked like a prison ward. The entire pool/courtyard area is surrounded by a 8ft chain link fence! When we walked in, the place looked fairly "Experienced". Other than newer burbur carpet and paint, no real renos. The kitchen was from the 70s. Pots, Pans, Silverware and utensils will cost you an extra $10! They said that it is so they are not stolen. (Did not tell us that when we checked in) The 2 cup coffee pot did not work. When we checked the bedroom out, it had a double bed that was hard as a rock and sagged in the middle. It was covered with a lovely yellow and green flowered bed spread from the 60s/70s ICK! I would hate to see that old thing under a black light! It was a 110 degrees the day we arrived, so, we thought that we would turn on the air conditioner. You will need a key from the front desk to use it. The 1950s air conditioner is only strong enough to cool off one room so we needed to close the bedroom door to cool off the bedroom. The living room and kitchen needed to stay hot. We had enough. I told my spouse that there is no way that we were staying here. I told her that we will use the day to look for another hotel. I booked at the TI instead. We returned that evening to check out. We gathered up our gear, I checked out, and grabbed a cab to the TI.

NOW HERE IS THE GOOD PART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally I had booked for 4 nights with the 3rd day free. We were flying home at the end of the 4th day. When I had arrived home they had billed my Visa for the night that we stayed, even though I paid them cash. I have it on the receipt that they gave me. Along with the proper check out date. Then. they charged my American Express for an additional 4 days!! When I had tried to clear things up with them this "General Manager" """""""Mary E --""""" will not answer your calls or return your messages. Good luck trying to reach the front desk, they will not answer either. Visa agreed to refund my money. However, I am now fighting with American Express for the second time to get my money back. It is the worst hotel stay of my life. This is a dump run by scam artists. STAY AWAY!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Barryi2251

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Enderby
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2009

This is not a suite as far as i'm concerned, they don't tell you you have to pay for pots & pans' also the house cleaning and change of towels and bin emptying ect was only done once a week so you had to go to reception to get clean towels which wasn't always there so you had to wait for a shower and empty your own bins also, this was the only place out of 12 I had to pay for the internet which was not even a secure line and worst of all you had to pay for an outside phone line again this was the ony place where they charged you for a free local call I had a walgreen card would have been cheaper to use a public phone, the time I payed for the extra's it would have been cheaper & better to stay at one of the big hotels on the strip

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Ouray, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2009

Hey, it's $59 bucks, and when I got here saw a sign and arranged (with day shift) to make sure the stay two nights, get third free would be honored when I checked out.

Its a 10 minute walk to the front door of the convention center and thats what I was looking for. Just 7 minutes to the monorail station. It's 5 minute walk to the Encore on the strip. (for what thats worth)

Ok - not a great bed and not great pillows, but not bad. The wood work is all fake. But it was clean enough and looked like most furnished apartments the first day your moving in.

The grounds are nice and everything is well maintained.

Couch and easy chair with coffee table and TV in the living room. Table and two chairs in the mini kitchen. I bought a can of folgers and made coffee.

I'd rather stay here any day than most motel 6 or Super 8 rooms if that gives you an idea.

Called the desk and got a code for free wireless access.

Though I was facing Desert Inn Blvd, the place is very quiet. This is refreshing in Vegas.

I'm taking time to write a review because I have used Trip Advisor a lot and figure I should give back.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
california
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2009

i did not like anything here. first off, they had bad service! hotel management did not honor my 3rd night free promotion=> false advertisement! it was cockroach infested, old and dirty! and they also overcharged on my credit card! please do not stay here! it was a horrible experience.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank anonymousjanedoe
Silicon Valley, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2009

This place is horrible. Not only a disgusting place but ripped me off as well. I am going to bring them to court for the charges.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank coast_to_coast123
Denver
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2009

Please be advised. This hotel looks fine from the outside, but looks are deceiving! Take your chances somewhere else.

We were promised an updated room and were accidentally given a standard room. The issue was resolved, and we were moved to a different room. However, the “updated” rooms are poor quality: carpeting, flooring and furnishings were dirty and worn. Televisions are old, grungy and there is only one remote per suite...for two TVs. Also, the television channels start at #14, so we had to call to the Front Desk for this “TV issue” for them to tell us to keep scrolling through the channels. There was no hot water. (This issue was eventually fixed by the maintenance staff.) There were only two towels in the entire room, and they were stained. The tub leaked water all over the floor. The bathroom fan was non-functioning, and there was mold on the drain plug and shower curtain.

This discounts on this hotel made it affordable, but it wasn’t worth the trouble. The hotel is walking distance to The Strip and where we needed to be, and the pool was decent, but the price, location and pool were not enough to make up for this horrible hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank casualperfect
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2009

Forget the dirty sheets, smelly room bad customer service. This hotel is for prostitutes and pimps. I stayed one night and would not risk my health or life for a cheap hotel. All night all you can hear is yelling and rap music coming from the hall and next door. Metro Police Officers were there pounding on doors. It was the worst experience I've had in any Vegas Hotel. I much rather pay the $100 a night and still be alive the next morning. I strongly advise all to stay away from this hotel. We all come to Vegas for a good time and then we would like to return home to our loved ones.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business