Where to start. I had booked at this hotel because of a recommendation from a co-worker. A BIG MISTAKE! I booked here because I was told that it was a great value ($40). "Stay 3 nights and the fourth is free".
We arrived. There was no vehicles in the parking lot. The cab driver didn't know where it was. We needed to give him a map of how to get there.
When we walked into the front office and told them who we were it went fairly smooth. I had asked them to give me a kitchenette suite when I had booked for $40. When I arrived they said that it would be $50 for a "Deluxe Suite". (Newly renovated Kitchenette Suite) OK . I was too tired to argue. We took it anyway. When we walked into the courtyard, it looked like a prison ward. The entire pool/courtyard area is surrounded by a 8ft chain link fence! When we walked in, the place looked fairly "Experienced". Other than newer burbur carpet and paint, no real renos. The kitchen was from the 70s. Pots, Pans, Silverware and utensils will cost you an extra $10! They said that it is so they are not stolen. (Did not tell us that when we checked in) The 2 cup coffee pot did not work. When we checked the bedroom out, it had a double bed that was hard as a rock and sagged in the middle. It was covered with a lovely yellow and green flowered bed spread from the 60s/70s ICK! I would hate to see that old thing under a black light! It was a 110 degrees the day we arrived, so, we thought that we would turn on the air conditioner. You will need a key from the front desk to use it. The 1950s air conditioner is only strong enough to cool off one room so we needed to close the bedroom door to cool off the bedroom. The living room and kitchen needed to stay hot. We had enough. I told my spouse that there is no way that we were staying here. I told her that we will use the day to look for another hotel. I booked at the TI instead. We returned that evening to check out. We gathered up our gear, I checked out, and grabbed a cab to the TI.
NOW HERE IS THE GOOD PART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally I had booked for 4 nights with the 3rd day free. We were flying home at the end of the 4th day. When I had arrived home they had billed my Visa for the night that we stayed, even though I paid them cash. I have it on the receipt that they gave me. Along with the proper check out date. Then. they charged my American Express for an additional 4 days!! When I had tried to clear things up with them this "General Manager" """""""Mary E --""""" will not answer your calls or return your messages. Good luck trying to reach the front desk, they will not answer either. Visa agreed to refund my money. However, I am now fighting with American Express for the second time to get my money back. It is the worst hotel stay of my life. This is a dump run by scam artists. STAY AWAY!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With spacious and comfortable suites one block off The Strip and two blocks from the Convention Center, The Rita Suites offers a quiet refuge in the heart of Las Vegas action and excitement. Make yourself comfortable for a day, a week or a month in our all-suite hotel. Enjoy at-home amenities like full kitchen with refrigerator, stove and oven, separate bedroom with walk-in closet, free wireless access, free local and long distance phone calls and two satellite TV's in each suite! Check out the Las Vegas nightlife, shopping and exciting activities just around the corner from The Rita Suites. A five minute walk brings you to The Wynn and Encore Las Vegas, The Riviera Casino or Fashion Show Mall. If you're in town for a convention, we are a short walk from the Las Vegas Convention Center. Savor delicious meals at nearby Las Vegas landmark restaurants such as The Peppermill, Piero's Italian Cuisine and Circus Circus Steakhouse or take advantage of the free shuttle to Lindo Michoacan Mexican Restaurant. Don't leave Las Vegas without visiting Flyaway Indoor Skydiving one block from The Rita Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Rita Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blair House Hotel Las Vegas
- Blair Hotel Las Vegas
- Blair House Las Vegas
- Blair House Suite Las Vegas