“Dont be fooled by "suites"”
Review of The Rita Suites

The Rita Suites
Ranked #161 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
“Dont be fooled by "suites"”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband, myself and our children had a horrible experience here. To start, the room we were given was nothing like they described. When we walked in we couldn't even tell we were in from the heat of outside because the room was just as hot, we turned the ac down immediately, this was about 4 pm. The beds were very unstable and two different sizes, there was an empty water bottle and dirty rag on one of the beds. The room was extremely small, beds were almost touching. It was old and dirty. The stove was broke. There was no hairdryer, my husband went to ask for one, they said they'd bring it right up, 20 min later he went back to find out why it was never brought up and they gave him one right then. We figured it was only one night, we'd just deal with it so we got ready (in the heat) and went out. Also the towels were stained and stunk. We didn't get back until almost midnight, we walked into the room and it felt like a sauna. My husband immediately went to the front desk, someone came to the room, fooled with the ac unit and told us to give it another 15 min, (really?! It had already been since 4 in the afternoon and was now midnight) so exactly 15min later i went to the front and asked for another room, there was no way my kids could sleep in that heat, they were already passed out and soaked in sweat, he gave me new keys, the new room was on the second floor, we were on the third, I asked for a room on the third floor, it was already an inconvenience to move and with sleeping kids, he said there was nothing else available, (ya right) so we moved down a floor and halfway to the other end of the hotel. The new room was completely different, it was actually how the hotel described the rooms, seperate bedrooms, cleaner, 2 balconies, my son woke up and thought we were in a different hotel. I have no idea why we weren't given that room to begin with. We went to breakfast the next morning, it was 8 am and they ran out of bread. All there was, was cereal, fruit, muffins and donuts. We have done our share of traveling and stayed at many hotels, we have never been more disappointed. I will never stay there again. Oh and everything was booked online and paid, this is the first hotel we've been to that when checking in charged more hotel fees and a $50 deposit (that they didn't tell us about) we saw it on our bank account and I called and they told me I should have it back in 24 hrs.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank jbrewer86

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I checked in and checked out within minutes of seeing the rooms and the pool. I wouldn't let my dog stay there. They charged me for 2 nights each for the 2 rooms I booked through booking.com. I didn't stay in the room for 2 minutes and it cost me over $400. because of the 48 hour cancelation policy. Beware!!!! This policy is in place because of the terrible conditions of the apartments. Pool had scum water.

Room Tip: Run don't walk to some place else.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Angela L

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Loved the newly remodeled rooms, got an upgrade for free from the lovely girl at the front desk since it was a slow weekend. We usually stay in the deluxe rooms which are also nice for the price of 45$ to 65$ a night. We were really impressed by the new Poppy suites the beds were brand new and so soft.. we would have liked to see a stove in the kitchenette but not a big deal. The cabinets should be removed if they are not going to put them in there tho. The front desk supervisor told us that the next building being remodeled in July will be equiped with stoves but in the new remodeled style. Very excited to see that when we come for our next stay!! We have never had an issue and the minor ones we have had are always taken cared of at a timely manor by the kind staff.. Thanks Blair house and we will see you soon!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank TravlingLadyKTP
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I don't write many bad reviews, but hopefully I can save someone else from a dreadful mistake of booking this place. I traveled to Las Vegas for class on convention center drive this week and stayed at the blairhouse suites one night. It was the worst travel experience/night if my life. I was given the task of booking my own room with my corporate card and after finding the few hotels in walking distance of the class, I chose this one. Many of the other participants stayed at the Marriott, but being new to the job, I wanted to find a less expensive option. Marriott $139- Blairhouse $55 (royal resort $59 which is where I stayed the second night after my terrible experience at the blairhouse, it was like the Hilton in comparison to the blairhouse.) I began to feel concerned at the cab driver pulled up the the "motel" because there was an empty, trashy parking lot on the side with what looked like a drug deal taking place. I go in and the woman manning the counter less than warmly greeted me and gave me my room info. I started my long trec to the first room. It was facing the said abandoned parking lot with the drug deal still taking place. I go in the room... It was 100 degrees in there, it looked absolutely disgusting, I didn't even sit my stuff down it was that bad. I went to the front counter and said it was not what they promised and I was scared to stay there. I wanted to check out and be on my way. She said you will not get your money back for either night...(any other hotel would happily refund your money if you were too disgusted to stay 5 minutes in a room.) she offered an upgraded room and I made sure it was facing the courtyard rather than the outside because I was certain I would get mugged and even worse on the outside. I did not want to stay at all, but thought my boss might get aggravated with two separate hotel purchases and it was my mistake in the first place. The second room was upgraded.... Still the worst place I've ever stayed, but better than the first room. Again it was 100 degrees in the room. I called down and found out how to turn on the ac and began the process of sweating it out waiting for cool air. Needless to say it didn't cool down, I called the front desk in despair after fighting to get 5 mins of sleep at a time before I would have to get back up and turn the unit on again. The guy at the front desk says I don't know what you want me to do, it's 2am...... A few mins later he knocked on my door, showed me a room two doors down that was just as hot as the first and smelt like someone just smoked pot in there 2 mins prior. Realizing it was a losing battle, I went back to my room and got no sleep. The next morning, I showered, it was too hot to dry hair or do makeup.... Here I am: wet hair, no makeup, no sleep, with all my luggage at the front desk in the brink of tears... I said I will not be staying here for the second night, I won't pay for it. She tried to tell me about an even more upgraded room and blah, blah.... I guess she could tell by the look on my face to stop trying to keep me there and check me out without paying for the second night.... I'll tell you, I'm not someone that has to stay at the Marriott every time I travel, but I do expect cleanliness, security and working heat and air.... Do yourself a favor and pay $4 for the royal resort down the street.... It's not the Hilton but a 180 from blairhouse suites.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
7 Thank Rachel W
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I was a little worried when I had to look for a room last minute but (with the exception of a few hiccups) it panned out! The check in process was quick once we finally got to the checkout counter but with a 4pm check in time (later than most I've seen) I would think they would have the front counter better staffed around that time. The staff was fairly friendly although I could sense they were frazzled from being understaffed. The website I used to book my room didn't get the updated room info and so they had to try to find me a room that was available since they were apparently overbooked. There were a few others who encountered the same issue trying to check in ahead of us. Even though the website gave me a lower rate than what the hotel's rate should be, the staff agreed to honor the price and even gave us a 15% military discount. I ended up asking for an upgrade to a renovated room which cost about $30 more but it was still WAY less than the other "Strip" hotels which made my wallet VERY happy! I wasn't sure how nice the room would be since the outdoor walkways looked like something you'd see in a seedy motel. Since the halls were open to the elements, it looked like they'd taken the brunt of the abuse from many brutal Las Vegas summers. Dust and dirt lined the walls and crumbling paint surrounded water stains along the walls and ceilings. The room itself was MUCH better looking and since that's where I was going to be spending the night...that was more important! The recently renovated room was clean and cozy. It was a one bedroom, one bath mini apartment. Probably not more than about 350 square feet, it's nice that it had a separate bedroom and bath apart from the living room and kitchenette. It was fairly quiet also which surprised me since I figured people would be running around until all hours of the night screaming drunken epithets but it stayed quiet even the next day when people began to make their way to the pool which was enveloped in the middle of the complex. Overall, I enjoyed my visit. It was quiet and relaxing and the fact that it had its own tiny restaurant bar downstairs meant if I had felt like it, I could've simply stayed at the hotel for some entertainment (it was karaoke night in the lounge that night). If I had to choose whether I'd stay again for a few nights...yes. I would. It was quaint and cozy. I loved the fact that it felt more like a locals hotel than the other places on the strip. I'd love to stay there again...and I just might when I take another stay-cation in the future!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank snowhitegrl
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Ok so its not on the strip but a short walk about 5 mins beside the Encore hotel. it seems to be a little basic room very clean and very spacious and recently renovated but is an older low rise building. It had a small pool and hot tub. At night seems to need more light in the open hallways and common areas. But seemed safe. We stayed a night and it worked well for us. It was about $65 a night for a king size room with full kitchen. We would stay there again but not for more then one or two nights.

Room Tip: Good for a one night stay.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Frotripping
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My husband and I have been staying at the Blair House Suites for 8 years, both for the month of March and October. The updates have been improving each time we go, from the newly remodeled Bloom and Poppy suites to the new Tills Bar and dining area. The pool area has a new surface as well as new brightly colored furniture and the outdoor patio adjacent to the bar
is very inviting and comfortable. The front desk staff as well as the maintenance staff are always in tune with your needs and very quick to take care of all inquiries. If you are looking for a place that is close to the strip and convention center as well as being very reasonably, this is the place to park your bags. We always suggest this to people who ask where we stay .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family