“Location,Location,Location”
Review of The Rita Suites

The Rita Suites
Ranked #194 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We found the Blair House Suites to be the perfect place for our Vegas get away. The staff were friendly our room was clean and very comfortable and the Bar was a great intimate place to unwind at the end of our day. We were able to walk the short distance to the strip and do all our shopping and gambling without having to drive. Looking forward to our next trip to Vegas and the Blair.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I booked this 'hotel' for CES for our team based on the pictures and description of amenitis. First of all my co-worker called me saying that his bathroom is broken: toilet is cracked and curtain rod on the shower is coming out of the wall. I called the hotel immediately to make sure his room got fixed and to double check mine. Hotel management confirmed my room (235) was fixed, but when I came in I realized i'm facing the same issue with the shower,AC is broken and smelly, blanket is dirty!! Not to mention room is waaaaay older that is on the pictures!!!!! The rooms were not fixes when we already stayed for 1,5 days,so we asked for an upgrate for a newer room. Management said they don't have anything. So we decided to leave to the hotel accross the street which was much nicer. All the sudden rooms became 'available' for an upgrare. Not to mention that management was so rude that they told me its not a big deal to wash floor myself after i tooj a shower since rod was broken. They made a few other ugly comments. In addition, they don't want to return 4 nights worth of stay for 2 rooms which is abt 800$ saying hotel was fine and it was our choice to leave. This hotel is the biggest scam and I don't recommend anb to stay there, I 've never faced worse experiwnce then this in my life!! Not to mention safety- motel type hotel was facing parking lot which has no light at night!!

• Stayed: January 2013
6  Thank jm1111
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We spent New Years at the Blair and had a blast the mange ment was over top friendly and the New Bar Till's at the Blair was fun and very loose on the video gaming with lots of payout while we were there... The room was upgraded and nice... Good Botique place just a 1/2 block off the strip and 2 blocks to the convention center... At 1/4 the price of the encore directly acroos desert inn rd.
Save some $ for the Video Poker you'll go home a winner...

Room Tip: Try 3 rd floor in the 300's
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This was the second year I had stayed at the Blair House for EDC Las Vegas. The first year, the reservation had been made by a friend and was too expensive ($120 a night) but I couldn't really do anything about it after the fact. This year, I booked through a special that was $150 (plus taxes) for a 3-night stay.

The hotel isn't anything special, but for being a few blocks away from the strip, it's inexpensive and gets the job done. I like having a full kitchen so I don't have to eat our (especially during a festival, when I'm spending all day sleeping and getting ready, so ramen is my friend),

Pros:
1. Full kitchen.
2. I like that parking is free, wifi is free (for the first device) and early check-in was only $10 for being VERY early.
3. Walk in closets!
4. Powerful A/C in our room both years.
5. Close to everything on the strip and the 15.

Cons:
1. Our room was broken into Sunday night, screen was popped off and missing, thieves took my laptop, some of a friend's belongings, and went through my clothes. The desk agent seemed utterly annoyed that a guest would bother him at 3am with a complaint like mine. He wanted nothing to do with helping me, and after talking to a police officer on the phone, I never was contacted about it again (and I'd been told I'd be called about it).

Neutral:
1. Free wifi had decent, not fast, decent speed.
2. Rooms have always been clean enough for us, nothing fancy.
3. Tiny bathroom this year (last year was way larger) but a clean shower with sufficient water pressure and hot water.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Keridwyn R
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Stayed with friends for two nights.
1. Location is okay, behind the Lynn and Wynn. Not on the strip but within a walking distance of 10 minutes.
2. Rooms are very big and clean. It does have a living room and a separate bedroom.
3. Toilets are clean but has a peculiar smell.
4. No restaurant.
5. The check-in and check-out experience is horrible.
6. Breakfast is included but not very elaborate.

This is NOT a hotel and the charges are exhorbitant.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

Team BLAIR,

Thank you again for such super service and renovated rooms....if you are looking to be close to the Strip, Convention Center and feel like you are at home...STAY AT THE BLAIR!!!!!

Staff and management is superior...super concerned about all their guest.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I have booked in this hotel for 3 nights (july 8- 11,2012). When we arrived from Az. the room in third floor had a tenperature of close to 100 degrees. They knew in advance of our arrival. But the A/C had not been turned on. As a matter of fact the A/C did not have the BTU capacity to cool the bedroom, living room, and kitchen. We were moved to the second floor, but with very little improvement. Kitchenette without pots, pans, dishware, soap...etc. Had to beg for them.
Sleeping rhe first night was terrible. The second day we decided we had enough. The staff was a little bit corteous but were not given enough leway to make decisions. Managesrs evaded or refused to talk to me when I asked for a refund. Safety is a big concern. No protection whatsoever from the parking lot to the rooms. And handyman work is lacking everywere. definitely I would not recomend this hotel to anybody. It can be hazardous to your health.

Room Tip: Unless a complete remodeling is done to this hotel, do your best to find other options, even if they...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family