“The time of our lives”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Tropicana
Ranked #87 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I am a frequent traveler and have stayed in many hotels. I must say that this hotel is one of the best, if not THE best I have stayed in for the price range.

First & foremost the rooms are extremely clean, the hotel is new with ample parking space, free wifi and breakfast and laundry facilities for those staying longer and within a mile of the strip. I had absolutely no noise problem, not even in my room.

However, what really impressed me the most was the hotel staff. Extremely attentive from day 1, very friendly and I never felt like I left my home, it became a home away from home for me. For example, Maya, the hotel manager, would just come by during breakfast and say Hi, or if time permitted, would sit and chat for a while, crack some jokes, made you feel real good :-)

Another example, Rachel - she went out of her way to find some crazy low prices for helicopter rides around the Grand Canyon. It was the little things that they all did that made the difference for me.

I can say without a doubt, this is the best cost effective hotel off the strip to stay in.

If you're looking for a reasonably priced hotel with all the amenities, very clean & new rooms, with a great staff and right attitude, you definitely have to stay here. I'll keep staying here every time I'm in Vegas for sure!!

Room Tip: All the rooms were good, I prefer the higher floor but that's a personal choice
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Venkat R
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I love the fact that this hotel is newly renovated. It is beautiful! My room was clean and comfortable. Besides that fact, the staff is charming and customer service was excellent. Overall, I had no complaints. I greatly enjoyed my stay here!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alexes M
Idaho, Ohio
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Noisy! ! Not a well built facility traffic noise ouside and noise from people walking and talking inside is contant. The first floor is partially below ground level so there is a soil odor. For a three level hotel, there is no elevator. We do not reccomend because this was our worst La Quinta experince. Desk help spoke English and above average by Las Vegas standards. Stay away!!!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Mendini
Maya F, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Tropicana, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Mendini,
We truly appreciate your feedback; it is our goal to provide you with a positive, memorable experience each and every time you stay with us. We apologize that your experience was not what you expected from La Quinta. If you would like to contact me directly, please feel free at: lq6685gm@laquinta.com.
Carson City, Nevada, USA
Reviewed December 2, 2013

The lady that check us is, Myra, had us laughing hysterically. She also recommended a great restaurant down the road. Our rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable. My mother in law didn't even complain! :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank billf697
Thank You so much for your feedback! I certainly enjoyed talking to your guys at check in. I hope to see you guys soon.
Ogden
Reviewed November 16, 2013

New LQ hotel, non smoking was great throughout the hotel. Rooms were large and very clean. Just off the strip and easy to get to from the airport. I have stayed all over Vegas and non better than this hotel, Staff was super. One of the best LQs around.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upgrade, if available, they gave me a free upgrade even on the weekend
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Scott K
Maya F, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Tropicana, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to have you back with us next time you visit Las Vegas.
California
Reviewed November 15, 2013

What a find in Las Vegas. 100% smoke free. Brand new hotel, so everything is perfect. Desk personnel are friendly and efficient. Breakfast included! No resort fee. Pool and spa. Area might seem sketchy, but we walked to nearby casino for dinner, returning at 9pm and did not feel uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Third floor has vaulted ceiling and thus feels huge. Back faces parking lot and is quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

3 Thank TravelerPaul18
We are glad that you enjoyed many of our amenities and we hope that you will stay with us again.