“Not fancy bit very reasonable prices.”

Arizona Charlie's Boulder Casino Hotel
Ranked #168 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reno, Nevada
“Not fancy bit very reasonable prices.”
Reviewed November 12, 2008

The Hotel Casino is not on the strip.... a fair drive from it, but much quieter. Parking was a bit confusing, so the best place is in the garage behind the casino, where you can take the elevator to the main floor. The hotel desk is best reached, however, from the valet driveway. When we arrived, there was no sign of a parking valet, however.

The place is more of a motel than hotel, with multiple buildings and floors.

The room was VERY inexpenive (only $34.99 less a $10 discount for a Nevada resident) and was actually a two room "suite". The room was clean but somewhat old, but for the price, it was well worth it.

If you are on a budget, this is a good choice.

The buffet on Monday was 2 for 1 and the food was fairly decent. Not bad for a couple at $10.17!

• Liked — Two rooms for t price of one.
  • Disliked — Difficult to get around and parking was not easy (except in hotel garage)
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hagar2935

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Cleveland
Reviewed July 27, 2008

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here. This may go down as one of the worst hotel experiences I've had. Here are the facts, ma'am:
1. The air conditioner - on full blast - struggled to keep our room temperature down to a sweaty, toasty 76 degrees.
2. The television - which looked like it was from a closeout special a decade ago - had a snowy picture.
3. Thug types run amok in the complex.
4. While #3 happens, the yellow-shirted security guard clips his fingernails. No, I'm not exaggerating; I (unfortunately) saw it.
5. The ice machine on our floor did not work.
6. I asked for a room with two beds, and while I did get this, there were two ROOMS as well, which only compounded the air conditioning problems.
7. We had plenty of hand towels but no wash clothes.
8. Because I booked a room for two consecutive nights but on under two different reservation numbers, I returned after my first night to find myself locked out of my room. I had to go to the desk and RE-CHECK IN, then MOVE TO ANOTHER ROOM! Hello? Hello? Anyone home? Common sense? When I initially checked in, the woman simply said, "Two beds, three nights." She did not say, "Two beds, three nights, three different rooms." Good grief.
9. Much of the staff seems paranoid. This is one thing I don't have hard evidence of; call it a general feeling.
10. The carpet was dirty.
Now, don't get me wrong: I do not expect much when I spend $60 for a Friday night in Vegas. But I do expect a clean room with a working air conditioner (Vegas in July, people...) and some iota of common sense from the staff. But you won't get that.
I try to find the good in everything, so I'll say that when I found a working ice machine, the ice was cold.
I can't stress this enough: Do not stay here, even if it is cheap.

• Stayed July 2008
4 Thank kabbagehead

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Netherlands
Reviewed May 29, 2008

As we wanted to stay away from the high weekendrates in Vegas we booked this hotel for 3 nights (fri-mo), paying 98euro in total through Expedia.

Location:
Though on the Boulder Strip it's location is ok really. It's a 15 minute drive from the Strip if you take Flamingo. Close by are Sam's Town and Boulder Station. There's a new Walmart Supercenter across from Sam's Town.

Hotel: The hotel has several buildings. We think they are in good condition. We had a (big) corner room facing the (cold) pool. We were pleasantly surprised as this room turned out the a two room, two bed 'suite'. Though there's not a lot of furniture in the rooms..there's a sofa and two tv's. The bathroom is ok, but the fan is really(i mean REALLY) loud (goes on when you turn on the light).
The carpet was brand new and we noticed they were replacing carpets in other buildings to.
Icemachines are not located on every floor so prepare to hike...

Pool : Small, but has a hot tub as well. Plenty of good seats and beds, both in shade and sun. Towels are provided, but we found the box empty most of the time. A call to housekeeping was enough to fill the box again though.

Parking: Though quite a pain at night, during the day there's enough parking availabe. At night just use the free valet service if you don't want to wait for a free spot.

Casino: We didn't gamble here, but found the casino a bit cramped and smokey. Registration is in the Casino. The other reception they used to have south of the hotel towers is closed now.

Buffet:
We were pleasantly surprised. We had breakfast here and the quality of the food is good. They cook eggs to order and have fresh donuts. Price was less than 4 bucks with Players Card which is really cheap.

If you are looking for a cheap, clean room this is a good place. if you are in vegas as a tourist and you have just a few days here....you better choose a hotel closer to the Strip. I suggest Terrible's which is within walking distance of the Bally's/Paris corner of the Strip.

• Liked — Good Value
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank Replynow2me
Beaver Dam, WI
Reviewed April 9, 2008

We drove from Wisconsin to Las Vegas. The hotel was easy to find, right off the highway.
We booked our room online about a month before we arrived. For $40 a night you can't beat the price, especially for a King Suite Room.
We returned each night to find our room was cleaned, beds made and a seashell fan made out of the roll of toilet paper (that was a nice touch).
There are two Arizona Charlies in Las Vegas, and while this one did not have shuttle service (The one on Decatur does). We ate at both and ours (on Boulder) had much better food.

• Stayed March 2008
4 Thank suzyq9363
Salt Lake City
Reviewed March 17, 2008

This was a quick stay of two nights on our way home from California. I had to visit a LV emergency room and needed to rest after receiving medication, but we ended up in Las Vegas several hours ahead of our original plan. I called Arizona Charlies to ask if we could check in early--this was just after 9 a.m. They got us a room right away. It was large, very clean, and non-smoking. yea!

The next morning, after heading to an early breakfast in the Wild West Buffet inside, the lady behind the counter was very kind in giving myself and my two children the cheaper rate...if you held a casino gambling card. They have no children's buffet rate, and I was happy for the kind discount. The buffet had a great choice and was good food. We waddled out contentedly.:)

We were gone just under an hour, but upon returning to our room, it had been made up and cleaned---all before 9. That was nice!

The only problem was checking in and out. The air quality in the casino itself is terrible. I had to breathe through my shirt while at the hotel registration desk. When I mentioned it to the lady behind the counter, she agreed, stating, "I have to sit in it all day, and my lungs are terrible."

I booked through Expedia---having used them for years. We paid $35 a night and I feel it was a great deal for the money. They no longer offer the shuttle, but we had our car with us anyway. :)

• Liked — fast, spacious, clean
  • Disliked — the terrible air quailty at hotel registration
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank snugglebunnies
Central Missouri
Reviewed March 5, 2008

This hotel is really a multi-stored motel behind the casino. Management is very oriented to casino customers and does not seem to care much about overnight customers. First, there is no indication of where registration is located or where to park to register. Finally, valet parking man indicated to park on red curb area (fire lane location?) in the "Thru Lane" in front of casino. There were parking spots in front of motel rooms, but these were mostly occupied by local gamblers so sometimes you are forced to park far away in garage. No indication spaces near motel were reserved for room guest. The room was humblely furnished, had a big living room and a nice size bedroom. However, the bath room smelled awful from mildew/mold. Nearest ice mache did not work. Had warning that all items in room were inventoried so do not steal anything. Also, be sure to secure main door with lock device when in room. Prices of food and room were cheap, but I would not stay there again. There are other better place for about same money in Vegas.

Stayed March 2008
4 Thank OlderEd
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed December 27, 2007

We were in Vegas for 10 days. We stayed here for about 5 of the 10 , both weekday and weekend. We found our suite to be clean and the cleaning staff, front desk staff to be friendly, very helpful. We needed extra towels once but had to go to front desk to get.
The rates ofcourse change dramatically from weekday to weekend but that is typical Vegas. We gambled here , had a great time, and found weather you are at one of the big hotels or the smallest out of town casinos, winning or losing is the same.

We actually preferred gambling at this hotel/casino because of itssmaller size and pay outs were more often and more $$$ than the big glitzy hotels/casinos on the strip.

The food at the buffet was great,,, I mean a buffet for $5.99 or $7.99 is a great value,,,and the food is good!!!! The most you waited in line was maybe 15 minutes with about 20 people in line. We saw lineups at the Paris hotel with 200 people waiting to get in to eat a $12.99 breakfast. Hello!!! Tired of buffet?? Try the Yukon Grill, which is in the Arizona Charlies ,upper level, this restauant is first class, food is fantastic and the service is #1, the Chef even comes over to talk with you.... You must try this gem , and the prices were reasonable...

Other thing I like about this place was no waiting for a slot machine there are plenty to go around,,,lots of payout machines to get your cash/winnings...

Downside, well yes the neighbourhood is a little seedy, and yes there were punks hanging out on our stairwell once , but a quick call to security and they were chased away... There is plenty of security on bikes here, which I had never experienced before but I guess there is a reason for them , to keep the place safe, and keep the gamblers safe...I learnt in Vegas Always be aware of your surroundings.....

The pool was clean and refreshing on a hot afternoon.

• Liked — clean, big room
  • Disliked — parking far from room
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple