“Surprises under the bed”

Arizona Charlie's Boulder Casino Hotel
Ranked #167 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
West Jordan, Utah
“Surprises under the bed”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have stayed at Arizona Charlies a few times. I have always liked the price, but after my last visit there I won't be returning. I had a strange smell in my room and after investigating it found a strange object under the bed. When I called security they came and removed it and switched us to another room. I felt like I was in a crime scene investigation movie. If you are looking for a cheap room this is your place. You will survive, but if you are traveling with kids (as I was) you should probably check into somewhere cleaner.

3 Thank ktbfly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
La Quinta, California
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Family members visiting from Europe selected this casino/hotel. Budget friendly with no resort fees. But extra fee for wi-fi, if you want it. Older place, but during our stay, the rooms were clean, although no frills decor. Older style TVs. No fridge or microwaves. Casino is next door, and seems to cater to a locals, and senior crowd. Slots were fun though. Players card gives you discounts on food, etc. Dinner buffet was dull and uninspiring, but Sourdough Cafe was fine for a quick breakfast or lunch. Stephanie was our server at Sourdough Cafe, and she was delightful. Personable, attentive, and efficient.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Erica M
Chicago, IL
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Overall, this place is OK. We stayed 4 nights and really had no issues. My only observation is that the place could use a good power washing outside, which would really make a big improvement. They also need more Front Desk staff. On check in we waited 30 minutes because only 2 people were working. On check out I waited 30 minutes, this time because only one person was working the desk.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kevin B
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We rented a suite at this property from 2002 to 2008 and in 2011 and 2012. The first 7 years the suites were clean, well looked after and the food at the buffet was varied and good. In 2011, and more in 2012, we found that the menu was no longer varied and that we were almost the only diners. SECURITY In 2012 we had individuals knocking on our third floor suite’s door and shaking the door handle at least twice; security was called, came rapidly and the “problem” didn’t happen again. In the casino hall itself, my “petite” French speaking only wife was approached by what appeared to be shady (200 pounds + vs 90!) characters intent on getting cigarettes from her; again these “incidents” were reported and, lo and behold, my wife almost a security guard to herself! We suspect an other incident, involving “morality”, happened and was reported. ROOM When we got to our room we first noticed the hide-a-bed had black grease stains on it; they had been washed but it still remained an eyesore. Walking barefoot on the carpet dirtied the soles of our feet. Both “problems” were reported to housecleaning with no fix in sight even though we had the suite for 14 nights. TRANSPORTATION Understand that this is definitely not the property’s fault or responsibility but, on a week day, getting a cab to come to the property took more than 30 minutes…getting one on a Saturday, the day of our departure, was impossible. Although many calls were made from the hotel lobby, none came. After waiting an hour and half (we had the jitters as we had to get to the airport), we resorted to asking the head of security (we had met him before (see above)) who contacted his counterpart at an other Boulder HiWay Casino where a taxi stand is located and we finally got a cab.

What can we say…slowly, but surely, this property is sinking…sad, very sad!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KayGee21

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

West Point, Utah, United States
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed at this property twice within a week because of the low price and the no resort fee which is getting to be very rare in Las Vegas. It is about 20 minutes from the strip. I would say it is an average Casino Hotel. The first night we had a Deluxe room in building 3 which had a separate bedroom with a big closet and two TVs. It had a total of 2 double beds and a couch with 1 standard hotel sized bathroom. The location seemed a little scary at night with not a whole lot of lighting around the parking lot. Parking was easy to find and close to the room. The beds however felt tiny and was very flimsy on the edges. It felt like you would roll off if you moved an inch in either direction so sleeping with two adults on the bed made it hard.

The second time we stayed there that week was a standard room with two double beds. The same issue with flimsy mattresses however we were in building 5 this time near the parking garage and it felt safer this time. We did swim and the pool had leaves in it but it was extremely windy so I think that is understandable. You do have to walk into the casino to check in so plan on smelling like smoke after waiting for 1 worker to get everyone checked in but the rooms didn't smell like smoke. You get what you pay here and for our $25 I didn't expect much and got exactly that.

Room Tip: Building 5 was closer to the parking garage and felt safer than building 3 which was out by the high...
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I waited in line for a long time with just one person working the desk. She was overwhelmed! Upon getting to our room, I discovered that she had given us the wrong room type. I immediately called the office and was told the manager would call me. I waited about 30 minutes with no phone call. I called again and got the front desk voice mail. I left a message and waited.. NOTHING. Called a third time and was put through to a supervisor and again left a message. NOTHING. We decided that we could not stay there due to the wrong room issue (my husband is disabled and we needed two beds.) I went back to the desk and was told I could not have money back without talking with the manager. The manager got on the line and lo and behold.. she was the supervisor I left the message with. An hour later we were on our way to a wonderful hotel which had plenty of front desk help AND a great attitude!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!!! A cheap room is not always the way to go!
Lochristi
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This hotel is one of the cheapest in the region and has no resort fee but a hefty 13 $ wifi fee.
If you use wifi only sporadic better go to the nearest library where wifi is unlimited and free, if you want wifi in your room there are better options than this hotel.
Check-inn is in the casino building adjacent to the parking garage and is very smooth.
You receive a map of the hotel grounds and a direction to find your room.
The hotel rooms are located in several motel style 3 story high buildings with outdoor corridors and lots of outside stairs.
Each building has at least one elevator, but if you arrive late, you may search for a while to find them
The rooms are very clean and have everything you may expect from a hotel.
We stayed here for less than 12 hours but cannot recommend the place based on the wifi policy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple