“Love this hotel Val and Andy”

Arizona Charlie's Boulder Casino Hotel
Ranked #164 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Cant think of anything bad to say after being here for about 4 days we were given our own host Johanna she was brilliant anything we needed all we had to do was ask she comped us for just about everything we were literally treat like celebritiies. The staff were very friendly and attentive. We ate at the Yukon grill and our waiter Tommy was just the best and Crystal the slots supervisor was always on hand for anything we needed. We met Steve one of the pit bosses who is originally from the UK and he was very helpful too. The rooms are big and spacious and clean house keeping cleaned the room and changed the towels every day to what i class as high standard. The cocktail waitresses were very attentive and friendly too. The food in all the restraunts was really good and the waiters and waitresses very nice. Sorry to read all the bad reviews but i would definately stay here again already been 4 times all the way from the UK. Keep up the good work Arizona Charlies and hope to return again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Val W
There are newer reviews for Arizona Charlie's Boulder Casino Hotel

Reviewed August 18, 2012

It’s Vegas, so of course it is huge and there is a casino. Nothing special about the casino, it’s a typical Vegas casino. We weren’t there to gamble, so we never really went to the casino, except passing through to get to the restaurants. Check in was efficient and the girls were very friendly. The rooms are cheap and there is a bus right out front that you can take to get into Vegas, cheaper than paying for parking. You can get an all day pass for about $5. Arizona Charlie’s is on the Boulder Highway, so it’s NOT close to the Strip. It's definitely not the Belagio, but the rooms are cheap. They make up for the cheap room with the expensive WIFI - $12/day!!! Not the end of the world, there are lots of free WIFI hotspots all over Vegas – especially at Starbucks.

Our room had a separate sitting room and bedroom, so it was nice and spacious. Our room was a bit dated and could have used a sprucing up, but it was clean and the beds were comfortable. Pillows could use replacing, though, they were pretty flat, and the carpet is pretty worn. TV worked fine with lots of channels. We were in building 6, on the second floor, and the pool was further down the courtyard so it was pretty quiet. The casino and restaurants were a two minute walk. There is an elevator, so we didn’t have to haul everything up the stairs. The pool was large and clean, and there is a hot tub (like you want more heat in Vegas in July!). The hotel also has a guest laundry and sells laundry supplies. You can get a small box of soap cheaper at the Seven-Eleven around the corner. I think it was $1.50 for a wash and $1 to dry, quarters only. The guest laundry is kind of hidden in one of the buildings. I don’t remember which one, but it is close to the bus stop.

We had dinner at the Yukon Grill steakhouse in the hotel. Dinner was good, but the service was dismal. We sat there for about 15 minutes before a server even acknowledged our presence. It is a higher end and higher priced restaurant – white tablecloths everywhere. I really felt uncomfortable in my casual clothes. What can I say, I just wasn’t impressed. The rest of our meals were at the Sourdough Cafe, which is open 24 hours. Good food, reasonably priced, but the portions were HUGE!!! Maybe that's a good thing for some people, but i could never finish and felt bad for wasting the food. We never did go to the buffet – it was kind of pricey, and we always seemed to be there when it was closed.

Room Tip: if you want a quiet room, stay away from the pool area. We were in building 6, second floor which wa...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank DorisBH
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We stayed at this hotel to attend a weekend softball tournament. After returning to our room Saturday evening, we found out two of our suitcases (and all of its contents) were stolen from our room. It was surprising to see that my daughter's Macbook on the table was not taken. We had to run over to Target to buy something to wear and other necessities to get through the evening and the next day. Security came, wrote their report and we also submitted our formal report. I was told by their risk management rep that the hotel found no evidence of tampering, no proof that anything was taken from our room, and they are not responsible for any missing items. When asked about reviewing the security camera tape in our hotel hallway, I was told there was 'no coverage'. When asked if that means it wasn't on, she replied 'I didn't say that'. She mentioned that they'll call us if our suitcases are turned in to lost and found. Really? Is that supposed to make me feel better about losing everything? And what are the chances of that happening? Bottom line; They are not reimbursing us for anything--not even our hotel bill. As far as this place being family friendly, don't believe it. You will be approached by panhandlers while walking from your hotel room to the casino and in the parking area. Do not stay here!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank gig5
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Avoid at all costs!!!
I would like to point out that I grew up in a family that worked in the service industry (I was even a busboy at the age of 12) so I am very sympathetic when things don't always go as planned when dealing with any service industry. But this time I have to come out "Guns a Blazing" to help you avoid this dump.

1. Family Friendly: I would say NOT!!! We went as a group; 10 families for a softball tournament in Las Vegas. We were told we had to stay in this hotel otherwise we could not be in the tournament. (Letter of complaint to the ASA Las Vegas Tourney's on the way). This place is not kid friendly or even family friendly at all. The only location to go as a group to is the swimming pool. Even though you're as quiet as a ghost, security show's up to kick you out of the pool area promptly at 10:00pm. There is no other location for families (groups) to mingle unless you want to go to the smoke filled casino.

2. Room's: Bring your own cleaning supplies and leave the kids outside while you clean the room. The rooms were non-smoking and didn't have the dingy stale smoke smell many converted rooms had. We were in building #3 room 2312 and the floor (carpet) was filthy and in need of carpet replacement badly. The Bathroom needed a deep cleaning in all areas. The rooms in my building was actually two rooms a living area with twin size bed that sat 3 feet off the floor and the master room with a queen size bed right up against the sink....Yes I said "sink" that was in the master bedroom. It turns out that the bathroom is so small that they couldn't fit a sink in it, so they put the sink up against bed. So if your laying in the bed and it's time for someone to brush their teeth, your getting a shower. The windows in our room were so filthy you could barely see through it. The lighting in the room is very bad, so during the day you open the curtains for a little light and all you see is dried pigeon poop on the outside of the window. Not all the windows for all rooms were this bad...just mine, probably because it took a ladder to get to our second floor window and no one is that motivated. For some reason the TV in the living area was a tiny 22" tube television and in the master bedroom the TV was bigger...don't ask me why???
The room air conditioner is seriously old school. There's a hole cut through the wall from the living area into the master bedroom with a pipe stuck through that comes out directly behind the TV in the Master Bedroom for ventilation. This thing is "LOUD" and rattles like a fright train. If it wasn't for 10 years of sleeping on an Aircraft Carrier, I would have gotten no sleep at all. Yes...I slept in the living area where the air conditioner is because my kids couldn't see the 22" television or hear it because of the air conditioner.

3. Exterior of building: They use natural earth tones to paint the building...but I can tell you it's been many, many years since they painted it. Every wall in every location has black scuff marks everywhere you look. It's like they had fifty 7 year old's pumped up on pop rocks and cola riding bicycles without training wheels for the first time.

4. Pool: The pool is too small for the amount of people Arizona Charlie's can handle. I already told you they shut the pool down promptly without question (no one was even swimming in the pool). The first day we were there the pool needed a good skimming, but the second day when all the softball teams had arrived, they had to shut down the pool because the water became very cloudy. They drained half of it and then refilled it...it still look cloudy so we went to a friends hotel and used their pool.

5. Casino: Your everyday locals smoke filled casino. Crowd was mostly over 65 and lived nearby. I did have one of our parents win $1,000 at the black jack table on a side bet...but it took her 30 minutes to collect her money because the pit boss didn't know how to make the payout. All the pit boss could say was: "no one has ever won that side bet before."

6. Restaurant: We ate one night at the restaurant (I don't remember the name). They were running a $15.00 dinner special we tried it and it was okay, nothing overly fancy and the food wasn't special at all. I will say that Tommy our server did an exceptional job and we really enjoyed his service. When my wife's seafood plate came out well overcooked like sole of boot when she asked for rare, he had no problem letting her switch to the beef dinner special. Tommy was great!!! the food was just okay.
We didn't eat in the Buffet, even though I was looking forward to trying the breakfast there. Prices were fair $5.95 for breakfast buffet (with players club card) but one of the parents put a bad taste in my mouth when she said; "Look how they clean our rooms, are you going to trust them to cook your food also?" Needless to say we went to Denny's for breakfast and I never saw the buffet line the whole time we were there.

7. Security: It seem's like a decent location as far as off the strip hotels go. But they had lot's of security in green shirts patrolling the area on bicycles. Obviously they are doing their job because no ones car was broken into while we were there. I must admit, some of the patrons hanging around outside the casino looked like they were of the professional types if you get my drift. And no...none of them were cute enough to even think about it.

8. Service: Staff members were very friendly and offered assistance. Upon checkout I was running late and was going to have a couple words with the person that was checking me out (located inside the smoke filled casino), but I was never asked "did you enjoy your stay?" I also assumed that she probably wouldn't give a crap if I did have a few words with her, so I just left.

I will never recommend someone to stay here....
I wouldn't even recommend a person I hated to stay here....
If you're told you have to stay here and you really want to play in the tournament or whatever....make the reservation, get the confirmation number, than cancel the damn reservation and go to a nice place!!!

Let me know if this helped your decision by clicking the up or down button below!!!

Room Tip: Don't do It !!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
14  Thank WhoComplies
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Had an open weekend and the prices in vegas were rather high so tried the priceline bid and we got AZ charlies. Having been at their other property i was looking forward to comparing them. Deal was approx 38 per night opposed to 89 rate

To avoid the "priceline punishment" (worst room in joint) I tipped at check in a got a 3rd floor king suite. There is a Hellevator: the lights were out-pitch black- during the day but we found it fixed later, or you could walk up. The propertyreminds me of an old school motor inn.

ROOMS: The room is 2 rooms with a strangely oversized walk in closet, now thats weird only because the bathroom has the bath and commode only behind the door, but the sink is in the bedroom next to the bed.... 2 regular TVs in the suite, one in bedroom, a sofa and table. The A/C seemed weak BUT it was 102 that day so definitely check my room tip below

The casino is the standard smoky joint. machines on 2 floors a few newer machines but mostly old tv tube types. Part of the ACE properties (Strat, 2 AZ charlies and most likely the lvh in the near future. ace is the casino division of goldman sachs receivership properties)

Player card: crap. i mean I asked what you need for the upgraded cards. You only need 250 level points that very low if you are familiar with rating systems. I was told they have no answer- its a secret. depends on how much you play etc etc. Thats just BS. If its not a transparent system why would you give them action. I know how much coin in equals a point and how many points are needed at stations, coast, caesars properties but here im supposed to guess. No thanks.

Food. A deli style place on casino floor, 2nd floor is buffet, coffee shop ( just ok but decent price specials) and their steakhouse. These nights they didnt have the fixed price or specials so i opted not to try it

staff was polite, checkout a breeze. * * * If you find this helpful please click yes-helpful so I know im being coherent THANKS! * *

Room Tip: In summer it gets too hot for the AC so you want a courtyard facing room. That cuts the direct sunli...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
15  Thank SecretAgentReview
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Stayed here for few nights after extending my week-long Vegas stay at the last minute. It was weekend and all the main hotels were jacking up the rates so I needed somewhere cheap, and Arizona Charlie had the best rates at around $40/night.

Now, I knew that this hotel is located on Boulder - so far away from the strip, and that the property is more of a motel than a hotel. I also knew that their small casino is catered more toward locals, and there's not much entertainment going on in or around this casino.

I booked this place exclusively because of the rates and the availability, and I knew I wouldn't spend much time here except to come back and sleep after spending time elsewhere since I had a car.

So with that in mind, this place was a good value. The motel building was kinda old but the room was clean and neat, sort of like what you'd call a "deluxe room" at any decent local motels. It was also pretty much quiet the days I stayed there, and I never had any noise issues from neighbors or any traffic on Boulder hwy. It was very peaceful. The shower worked fine, good water pressure, AC little noisy but worked fine, and comfy bed for a motel. I didn't play at their casino but the casino floor seemed low-key and had a nice local atmosphere.

But I could also see that if someone wasn't well-informed like I did about this property beforehand, he/she could be disappointed in either lack of entertainment, inconvenience of location, or the quality of the rooms.

I am pretty much satisfied with my stay here and I thought it was a great value for the rates I paid. But then again, I had a very low expectation and I never spent any time at this property during my stay except to come back and sleep.

If you don't have a car, and you expect lots of entertainment and things to do, I'd consider staying somewhere else, perhaps at hotels on the strip even if you had to pay a little more.

Just know what you're getting before you book this property, and you'd be fine. That's the best advice I can give you.

Room Tip: Ask for a building/room on the back of the property facing away from Boulder hwy if you want some qu...
Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank NYYNO1
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I had relatives come into town and one of them wanted to stay here. I booked multiple rooms

We were unable to find hotel registration-- it is hidden in the corner. One person who wasn't friendly checked us in.

The two rooms we had were opposite of each other and were not very clean. Shady Characters around. If I had to stay this part of town again it would be at Boulder Station.

• Stayed: May 2012