“Stinks!!!”

Arizona Charlie's Boulder Casino Hotel
Ranked #165 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed December 9, 2007

Could not breathe because of stinking heavy cigarette smoke. Owners should install some sort of clean air machine or something. Would have stayed longer if the smoke hadn't been so bad

4  Thank TheAirmeister

Reviewed October 16, 2007

We stayed here one night. We are a family of 4 adults, one tween and a toddler. This afforded us reasonable and convenient accomadations for a very reasonable price. The rooms are large -- consist of a sitting area and a seperate bedroom and bath with a very large closet. It is great in that way because the rooms afford a lot of privacy.

The rooms are also convenient for coming and going because they are outside rooms with free parking. This is both good and bad -- you also have to walk outside to get to other parts of the motel/hotel -- such as the casino, pool, dining, etc. The food at the buffet (as well as the service) was really good.

This would be a great place if you are coming and going -- or adults who care little about hotel features and more about Vegas attractions. You would definately want a car since the strip is about 8 to 10 minutes away -- and it is an easy drive.

For families looking for more inclusive atmosphere -- just a mile away is Sam's Town -- a better location with kids and just a little more money.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank NoelsCat
Reviewed July 23, 2007

Stayed on a very busy weekend 7/7/07. Booked the suite since we would have our 6 year old granddaughter with us. Surprised at how big the suite was. Had a small couch, coffee table, end table, TV in a cabinet and a full size bed in the main room and a King in the second room with a bathroom. Nice to be able to close the door between the rooms. It was clean and comfortable. Sink is outside of the small toilet, tub area. Entering from the parking tower to the casino we were confused as to were the check in desk was so we asked an employee on the casino floor for directions. With a smile she had us follow her all the way through the casino to the check in
desk. The staff at check in was also very polite and helpful. Good value in the buffet and cafe with friendly staff also. I would only stay here if you have your own car. It's a bit far from the strip or downtown to take a taxi which might get expensive. Two night stay on Sat/Sun. was only $109.00 booking weeks in advance on the hotel web site. We plan to try the Decatur location even though it cost more just to see if we like it better but will stay at the Boulder location again also. I was worried that it would be a dump because of the low price but it was fine. Yes we have stayed at nicer places and some not so nice and paid a lot more.

Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank jeeperforever
Reviewed July 23, 2007

I think we stayed here 1 or 2 nights with another couple and we were not staying at Cheap Charlie's because we wanted to. You get what you pay for and the rooms actually aren't that bad, just not well maintained or cleaned.

If we could have afforded the suites on the strip we would have stayed there instead. But Oh well Hotel served us like it should and no one ended up dead. Just be aware that this is not the Las Vegas Strip and the clientèle over here is not the same either.

So in brief this is not a place to plan your trip around, but if you need to find a room at the last minute, this will do, just be aware of your surroundings and keep a light on.

• Stayed: August 2004, traveled with friends
2  Thank OrionPax
Reviewed July 21, 2007

Room was "worn", but as expected for $30 a night. Had to walk "aways" to the casino, and the parking filled up quick in the evening.
Had issue in the casino as I wanted to take advantage of a highly publicized promotion "Re-imburse the first $100 of your losses on the first day".
I had signed up for the A.C.E. Rewards card on-line when I made my hotel reservations two months ago, and I was informed that I was "ineligible" for the $100 re-imbursement as I was not considered a "new customer". I had just received my membership card that day, upon my arrival. I couldn't get anyway to help me or budge, so they've lost me as a return customer and I'm telling everyone I know and about my experience.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank morrira
Reviewed July 15, 2007

Arizona Charlies is a small casino on Boulder highway. We ( a family of 5 with two teens) stayed 4 nights here for a BMX race at Southpoint .

The location, off the 215 at flamingo, was easy enough to access for all of Las Vegas. Access to a vehicle is a must, esp. in the summer. The temp. was triple digit teens the whole time we we there. A few large Casinos are nearby but everything is a drive.

The Rooms- They are as the other reviews state; nothing fancy.We rented two King Double suites. Two rooms,Two beds, T.V.'s couch,table and ample storage for clothes. We kept Three bicycles in one suite with room to spare. The corner suite was a little bigger. And the sink in the room was funky. I tried to be critical of everything knowing that I would write a review, and really could'nt find anything wrong. No mystery stains, comfy beds and sanitary toilets. Tokeing housekeeping got fresh towels. We paid rack rates , thur arrival and Mon. departure and it came to $400 total for both rooms! Such a deal. If you're a family traveling on a budget, this is a very good value for your hard earned cash.

The Casino- Plenty of Penny and Nickle machines. Lots of video poker and keno. Most are older (1 or 2 years) It was never crowded, and finding a machine was pretty easy. A small but decent Race and sports book. It closed early though, so if you like to play Harness, go to Sams Town down the street. Bingo can be had 24-7. We played a few times. Games called rather quick Payouts were good. Table games were small and a seat could be found even at peak times. Only two crap tables. Lounge act was rather silly but better than the drone of slots. No live Keno. Not too smokey. Lots of locals.

The food- Basic eats. The Buffet was inexpensive, Hot food, Fresh and plenty of it. We ate at least one of our meals of the day there and everyone walked away full, even the picky teens. Same for the 24 hr.Sourdough Cafe. Try their Strawberry shortcake. If you eat the whole thing and get sick, it's your fault.

The Staff- I did'nt find a single Grouch. Everyone was happy and helpful. A rare thing indeed.

Overall- Because the Hotel is separate from the Casino, One must walk outside to and fro. This creates the problem of walking around at all hours with large sums of cash in hand. the staff has provided Armed Security Guards on bicycles roaming the property. I saw no less than three in one morning while throwing all the equipment in the truck. I felt safe at all times, and that's not an easy thing for me.
Because the rates are so reasonable, There were quite a few traveling workers here.They work long hours and just want to sleep when they get back. Our rooms were on the ground level, and I did not hear unneccesary noise from abouve, although the kids did in their room.
There are valid reasons not to stay here, But for us, it fit well and We will be back.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank fishinful
Reviewed June 14, 2007

The only reason we stayed here was: We had a large group, and a lot of hotels were booked due to NASCAR weekend or totally over priced.

This place is scary! There are scary locals creepy around the casino. Hold onto your purses! Seen some gang bangers lurking around the hotel. Thank god for the security guards riding their bikes around...but they were on the weird side as well.

Maid service came in and made our beds even though we had the "do not disturb sign" on the door. I wasn't very happy about this considering I thought I made my bed just fine and I don't want strangers in my room. A guy staying down the hall said when he got out of the shower there were 2 security guards standing in his room. He asked them what they wanted and they said they thought they smelled smoke then walked out.??Weird!

We spent soooo much money taking taxies to the strip from Arizona Charlies. This is when we were lucky to have a taxi come by. NO TAXIES COME BY AZC!!!! You have to walk WAY up the road to another casino, soooo girls wear comfortable shoes!

Hell hole! Don't do it!